Grant Morrison honoured by Queen Elizabeth II

#1 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morrison has been recognized as a Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire for services to film and literature on the just-released Queen’s Honours Birthday list.

An order of chivalry established in 1917 by George V, the Order of the British Empire consists of five ranks, with Member being the lowest. Only the highest ranks automatically confer a knighthood, so the writer won’t be referred to as “Sir Grant.” (However, he does get to include “MBE” after his name.)

#2 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

Proper cheddared for him.

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio

NICE.

get in here

#4 Edited by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw it some hours ago and lol'ed. Him being "an anarchist" and all. Did even an Invincibles issue that was an attack against monarchy :P

#5 Posted by The Poet (8170 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sort of glad he isn't Sir Grant Morrison...that would be a little much...

#6 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice!

#7 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

I could imagine on covers of comics. Sir Grant Morrison. If it was. I'd say "Suck on that Marvel!" The comic company, not myself.

#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13682 posts) - - Show Bio

Does that mean we get to call him Sir Grant Morrison now.

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13682 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wow. Should have payed more attention to the op

#10 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

They give out these titles like party favors nowadays, it really does not hold the prestige it used to. Nothing against Morrison but he is far from the poster child for this kind of award based on his personal viewpoints.

#11 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice, Grant deserves that.

Congratulations to Grant Morrison.

#12 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

That's awesome :]

#13 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet!

#14 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant does not deserve this and I don't know why he got it, did anyone read The Invisibles? That said, there are other notable figures who've gotten this in the past that don't really deserve it. I mean, yes they deserve recognition of what they've done but not by the British Empire.

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (15097 posts) - - Show Bio

Great!

#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

YES. You so deserve this, Grant. Congratulations!

I'm on a first-name basis with him, coz we're bros.  

O_O
#17 Posted by Onemoreposter (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: lol

I think it's cool. Grant's one of my faves.

#18 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

Grant does not deserve this and I don't know why he got it, did anyone read The Invisibles? That said, there are other notable figures who've gotten this in the past that don't really deserve it. I mean, yes they deserve recognition of what they've done but not by the British Empire.

Maybe they gave him because of irony? :P

#19 Posted by entropy_aegis (15445 posts) - - Show Bio

Hail Morrison.

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35134 posts) - - Show Bio
@Brazen_Intellect said:

They give out these titles like party favors nowadays, it really does not hold the prestige it used to. Nothing against Morrison but he is far from the poster child for this kind of award based on his personal viewpoints.

The idea is to be awarded it regardless of your view points 
#21 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

The idea is to be awarded it regardless of your view points

The less exclusive the award, the less it really means. At this point the list of these honors given out is little more than getting a purple participation ribbon for Field Day in school. The amount awarded has grown by far, and you can just buy them by paying off the right people (google it, this has been going on for some time).

I'm not knocking Morrison for getting an award, he's very talented, just noting the irony when looking at some of his works

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.