Grant Morrison Explains Realism in Comics

Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

#1 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12590 posts) - - Show Bio

next time someone asks me one of those questions, im showing them this goddamn video

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12599 posts) - - Show Bio

what a deep, profound, explanation

#3 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it. :)

#4 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Epic. What every hater should hear. 

"its not real"

#5 Posted by SC (12724 posts) - - Show Bio

I think what gives Morrison credibility here is that he actually has extensive indy work. Creator owned stuff. Its not reflective of why and how things sell and why people love and read about certain characters, because lots of people love to lose themselves in comics. Compare a lot of threads at CV with CBR, and you get this disparity between threads with posters talking within the narrative and posters talking about applied creativity to the medium. Neither is a good or bad approach per say, sort of depends. Most writers we hope are good at discerning both. 

#6 Posted by Stuka69 (117 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

As usual, Morrison is right. And he seriously owned that guy. Poor bugger.

#8 Posted by entropy_aegis (14478 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be using this a LOT.

#9 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: He's a BAMF
#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morgaine_de_Bourbon: Damn right ;)
#11 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: And his accent.....
#12 Posted by War Killer (19994 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morrison: He Is Batman.

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (57795 posts) - - Show Bio

Common sense. 

BB

#14 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Grant has worked with X-Men, he does know realism.

#15 Posted by Shatterstar (4522 posts) - - Show Bio

Well said

#16 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't have said it better myself.:) Not everything in a comic book, movie, or any creative medium needs an explanation. Makes it easier to enjoy my comics, personally.

#17 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

I think what gives Morrison credibility here is that he actually has extensive indy work. Creator owned stuff. Its not reflective of why and how things sell and why people love and read about certain characters, because lots of people love to lose themselves in comics. Compare a lot of threads at CV with CBR, and you get this disparity between threads with posters talking within the narrative and posters talking about applied creativity to the medium. Neither is a good or bad approach per say, sort of depends. Most writers we hope are good at discerning both.

you should write comics lol, so deep

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.