Follow

Grant Morrison

Person » Grant Morrison is credited in 1578 issues.

Grant Morrison is a Scottish comic book writer who burst onto the scene in the late 1980's as part of DC's "British Invasion". Morrison has become a living legend in the field of comics, writing such acclaimed works as New X-Men, Doom Patrol, Animal Man, All-Star Superman, JLA, Batman, Action Comics, and Multiversity.

Grant Morrison Discusses Recreating Superman in Action Comics #1

• 82 results
    dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By dewboy01

is this going to be action comics vol2 from now on, instead action comics vol1?
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Kallarkz
    Grant hasn't let me down yet. 
    And All-Star Superman was epic. 
    I like change =)
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#53  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @william knowles said:
    is this going to be action comics vol2 from now on, instead action comics vol1?
    Definitely. Oh and BTW.. 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Primmaster64

Bring in the change...But let it be good...and hopefully...Don't make Supes fall for Lois right of the bat...let him have some fun.

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55  Edited By Comiclove5
    @FLStyle said:
    This whole DC revamp is doing nothing more than pushing me more and more towards Marvel.
    I kinda feel that way, but on the other hand it has me interested in Superman a character I haven't been interested in 2 years.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#56  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:

GRANT MORRISON IS KING OF THE UNIVERSE.

I cannot wait for this series. I love Morrison's Superman.

qft
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#57  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @Primmaster64 said:
    Bring in the change...But let it be good...and hopefully...Don't make Supes fall for Lois right of the bat...let him have some fun.
    Lois & Clark are done Bro.
    Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Kal'smahboi

My question is, why has the shield only changed in the Superman title? Every other image I've seen (Superboy, Supergirl, even Action Comics) has the classic House of El shield.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#59  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
    @TerryMcC said:

Wait a minute... that picture.... it's ASTRO BOY!

It totally does lol, dreadful costume. I'm sure the comic itself will be good but that costume is just a train wreck. Rags makes It look like kevlar or whatever Batman's suit is made out of and Perez makes it look like armor :/
    caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60  Edited By caesarsghost

Grant is one of the greatest comic writers of all time, could not think of anyone better to helm the Man of Steel
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By goldenkey

this info was out Sunday in other places.  Surprised it so long to get here, usually I read it here first.  Oh well.  not complaining, just surprised
    Avatar image for grandmaster_fro
    Grandmaster_Fro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Grandmaster_Fro

Action Comics #1 is still one of the rarest comics ever. If there isn't any real major changes, i'm glad ill finally be able to read it

Toastalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Toastalchemist
    @jointron33 said:
    oh god.............ugh
    My sentiments exactly. I like Grant Morrison, but this seems unnecessary.
    Everyman011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Everyman011

this whole thing stinks of a bad idea and personally, I don't think there is any way to make superman more modern by changing things around in any way that will sell. people are too used to what he was before flashpoint. the only person that might be able to pull off this bold new, modern superman is morrison.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By blur1528

LUTHOR!

Avatar image for captaincockblock
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By CaptainCockblock

I'm a bit skeptical about this whole thing. And no, I'm not a fan of some of these new costumes. And it seems a little unnecessary to take books that have reached these huge milestones and drag them back down to #1. But for all the doubts I have, I'll admit that I've never read Action Comics, and DC has at least accomplished in gaining a new reader, if the first few issues are any good.

Avatar image for omertalvendetta
    Omertalvendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By Omertalvendetta

Most overrated writer in history... I have a feeling this whole revamp started like this... 

Morisson.... "I want to write Superman, from scratch.  Make it so." 
    DC Executives....  "We shall.  We will restart Action Comics just for you.  Hell, we should just do the whole universe while we're at it." 

shadowpdf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By shadowpdf1
    @omertalvendetta said:

Most overrated writer in history... I have a feeling this whole revamp started like this...  Morisson.... "I want to write Superman, from scratch.  Make it so." DC Executives....  "We shall.  We will restart Action Comics just for you.  Hell, we should just do the whole universe while we're at it." 

ABSOLUTE BRILLIANCE, SIR!!!!!  I agree completely.   

From what I have seen of this DCnU, it will be an abject failure.  It appears that no one at DC understands what they need to do to get new readers.  And making something current that is already timeless only serves to turn the character into something he's not.  Want people to enjoy Superman?  Don't change the world around him, don't change his character.  Write good Superman stories.  That's something that hasn't been done in years.   

As for the rest of the DCU .... Well, they threw the baby out with the bathwater, didn't they?  Then they refilled the tub with mud.  God I hope this is a Flashpoint thing and that the DCU will revert after a few months.  Probably not, though.
    UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By UltimateSMfan

this has definitely sparked up from the whole superman lawsuit thing or atleast 40% of it has cuz in the newsarama interview with the editor in chief of DC he keeps on mentioning when it comes to changes that characters like batman n his world will remain very much the same n most of his old stories namely death in the family and killing joke n stuff will still be relevant but when it came to superman they were like oh theres gonna be Big changes there.....i mean why?!?! ppl lov supes as much as they lov bats then why do u hav to screw over the supes fans? and when it comes to old but important stories nowhere is it mentioned that our worlds at war or death of superman happened or reign of the supermen since it looks like they'll be rebooting superboy and theres no sign of steel,i mean those stories are very important to the universe now more than ever since reign of doomsday started,although i think thats down the drain now...atleast they ended it with a good storyline,just hope the last few issues of action the current version are really good.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Eyz

So this is like a year one for the Superman seen on SUPERMAN #1 cover?

monkeysalad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By monkeysalad

I can't wait for Grant to take on DCU Supes. Even if it's only half as awesome as his Batman, we still get the best run on Action since Johns & Donner left. (Cornell's Lex was superb too, but I don't consider that as a Superman story)

nick7913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72  Edited By nick7913
    @shadowpdf1 said:
    @omertalvendetta said:

Most overrated writer in history... I have a feeling this whole revamp started like this...  Morisson.... "I want to write Superman, from scratch.  Make it so." DC Executives....  "We shall.  We will restart Action Comics just for you.  Hell, we should just do the whole universe while we're at it." 

ABSOLUTE BRILLIANCE, SIR!!!!!  I agree completely.    From what I have seen of this DCnU, it will be an abject failure.  It appears that no one at DC understands what they need to do to get new readers.  And making something current that is already timeless only serves to turn the character into something he's not.  Want people to enjoy Superman?  Don't change the world around him, don't change his character.  Write good Superman stories.  That's something that hasn't been done in years.    As for the rest of the DCU .... Well, they threw the baby out with the bathwater, didn't they?  Then they refilled the tub with mud.  God I hope this is a Flashpoint thing and that the DCU will revert after a few months.  Probably not, though.
    How can you write new, interesting stories when characters are never allowed to grow and evolve? This is the problem that is facing comics today and is the reason why the industry is in decline. Even with loyal readers, if every year we get a new writer who totally ignores everything that has gone before and wipes the slate clean, we eventually get bored and drop off. The point isn't what the (soft) reboot of the character be, it is how long will Morrison's run be (judging by Batman it could be long, which is good) and what will the next writer to come aboard will do. 
     Take Ultimate Spider-Man for example. Love it or hate it, it's Bendis's version of the character and he has been the only one to write him for the past decade. The character and his supporting cast has changed so much (for the better imho) since the beginning and has escaped the trappings of regular Spider-Man, who no matter what must always return to the status quo every time a writer ends his run. 
    This will be a good period for Superman. The point is: What happens next?
    Wingfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Wingfoot

Hi ! 
    Recreating Superman... again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again... 
    Though, what's up, doc ? 
    Hihane washte.
    The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#74  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
    @djotaku said:
    Gosh Darn you, Morrison!  You know, I was all set to ignore Supes and just do Batman, but now I'm going to have to pick up action comics for a least a few issues to see what you're up to there
    yeah, exactly what I just thought after watching this video.
    Kenjav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Kenjav
    @Wingfoot said:

Hi ! 
    Recreating Superman... again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again... 
    Though, what's up, doc ? 
    Hihane washte.
    Exactly
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#76  Edited By shawn87

Maybe Superman and Lois wont be "split"...maybe they'll just make it so that they haven't gotten together yet and they'll retell, in a new way, how they come together

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Primmaster64
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#78  Edited By shawn87
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @shawn87: Its over man
    Well that's unfortunate. Oh well. I guess people just got to accept change. With Grant Morrison writing the series I'm not as worried as I would have been
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#79  Edited By Silkcuts

I love how Morrison plans to make this series written away that only comics can and not movies, but how many readers really appreciate gutter work anymore.  Morrsion on the book or not this "revamp" I see as a stunt and DC is not truly paying their history justice this way.

TheNameIsWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#80  Edited By TheNameIsWayne

@waruikumo: I know morrison is a comic book god lol. he is m favourite writer. But, I hate superman. In all graphic novels he always gets the centre peice and he is just way too overpowered. Morrison has completely changed the Batman mythos to pure legendary, and I think he should stick with doing batman, because that is really working. I didnt like all star superman again, because he is just way too overpowered.

CombatSpoon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#81  Edited By CombatSpoon86

Morrison sucked me in. Damn, I'm not a big Superman fan but I love his all star. oh well, worth the 3 to four dollars

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#82  Edited By Feliciano2040

If he pulls off with Superman what he did with Batman, then game on !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.