Follow

Grant Morrison

Person » Grant Morrison is credited in 1578 issues.

Grant Morrison is a Scottish comic book writer who burst onto the scene in the late 1980's as part of DC's "British Invasion". Morrison has become a living legend in the field of comics, writing such acclaimed works as New X-Men, Doom Patrol, Animal Man, All-Star Superman, JLA, Batman, Action Comics, and Multiversity.

Big Vertigo news regarding Grant Morrison! and more....

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

Edited By Silkcuts

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27462
     I would like to give a shout out to my buddy Joxxx5 who showed me this link.

As far as future projects, Morrison promised he'd deliver a classic Wonder Woman story "soon" and that as far as the release of his announced "Multiversity" project, "We can't get a concrete date because Frank Quitely's drawing one of them. But I think it's going to be next summer." The writer also said that one of the "Multiversity" issues would be called "Thunder World" – a title he came up with for the Marvel Family earth because he was tired of always having to work the word "Shazam" into the titles of their adventures for legal reasons.

The final volume in his "Sea Guy" cycle of miniseries for Vertigo – to be called "Sea Guy: Eternal" – will be on its way in the near future. "I've written the first two, and I think this one is the best of them all," he said. "The idea for them came from the world we were living in. The idea being that we're suddenly a part of a big brother society with cameras and surveillance. There's five surveillance cameras for everybody in the country including children and people in prison – five for every living person! If you read Alan Moore's recent interview, he talks about camera being in Northampton where he lives that'll go, 'Hey you! Pick up that cigarette butt!' and actually talk to you. It was that sense that we've all been infantilized – the sense that we're all buying cartoons we watched as a kid and playing little games. We're all sitting in our own little worlds with the internet. I wanted to write about that and mythologize it. And then it became the story of a guy's entire life but sort of strange. It was just responding to the weird feeling of the world these days."

Later, Morrison announced that DC would publish an "Absolute We3" soon which would include ten new pages from Frank Quitely that fill in some parts of the story the creator's couldn't work in with the book's original three-issue format. Morrison is also confident that DC will find a way to publish a collected edition of he and Quitely's "Flex Mentallo" series, although no specifics on that plan could be given.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Oh hell yes! I can't wait for them to finally collect Flex Mentallo.

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Silkcuts
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " Oh hell yes! I can't wait for them to finally collect Flex Mentallo. "
    me too... I always get tempted to but it on ebay... but it goes for so much.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@Silkcuts said:
    " @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " Oh hell yes! I can't wait for them to finally collect Flex Mentallo. "
    me too... I always get tempted to but it on ebay... but it goes for so much. "
    well itf this hits trade then you'll be able to get this in a quarter bin, lol
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Nighthunter

Not in the Op, but Morrison's Joe the Barbarian will also become a live action movie

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Silkcuts
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @Nighthunter said:
    " Not in the Op, but Morrison's Joe the Barbarian will also become a live action movie "
    really???? is this man holding the world by the reins or something? not that he doesn't deserve it, just seems insane how big the man is quickly becoming (as in bigger) "
    We3 and Superman All-Star Absolutes, the Invisibles absolutes were mentioned, where are they?  We3 movie, is that still in limbo? G-Mo is great.
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Silkcuts
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @Silkcuts: also weren't Absolute Invisibles asked about at a Vertigo panel last year and they said they didn't have plans? "
    well... I remember the fans freaking out!  Berger said "would you guys buy that" and the fans responded "Yes".  I am sure they are testing the market.  Grant's fans are loyal and he has gotten so many new fans since Batman its nuts.
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Silkcuts
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @Silkcuts said:
    " @aztek the lost said:
    " @Nighthunter said:
    " Not in the Op, but Morrison's Joe the Barbarian will also become a live action movie "
    really???? is this man holding the world by the reins or something? not that he doesn't deserve it, just seems insane how big the man is quickly becoming (as in bigger) "
    We3 and Superman All-Star Absolutes, the Invisibles absolutes were mentioned, where are they?  We3 movie, is that still in limbo? G-Mo is great. "
    he is great but I do sometimes get annoyed that you can have a Vertigo reader or a Grant Morrison reader...a lot of his stuff gets priority in trade collections and other stuff is ignored and I'm not always happy about that...Animal Man for example...Milligan, Veitch, Delano (great runs) and Prosser (haven't read yet) all had runs after him but only his 26 issues were ever collected...I don't like publishers showing obvious favoritism to certain writers...on the other hand DC has been very reluctant to publish Seaguy so I guess he doesn't get all the breaks "
    Grant Morrison is the NEW ALAN MOORE!  I love MOORE, but because Moore doesn't play with DC anymore DC needed another genius. And they found him in Grant.  After the Invisibles, Grant did X-Men and grew now Marvel fans, when coming back to DC he has owned everything he has touched.  7 Soldiers, 52, Final Crisis, Batman.  All his older work is getting priority because new fans want it.  I enjoy Peter Milligan's work, but not Even Grant Morrison't Animal sold enough for a second print yet, so why would they print PMs run?... Maybe Shade... and only the first book has had more then one reprint that I know of.  I hate to read Enigma in loose issues. 

It is crazy how big Grant Morrison is getting, but the man deserves it. He work is so trippy I can not look at a red sun the same way again, and it has nothing to do with Superman. He is a rare talent and all his work should see print again.  I still need to get around to reading the Born to be wild anthology him and Neil Gaiman contributed.
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silkcuts
    @aztek the lost:  Each book is on at least its 3rd or 4th printing, that is not bad.  Then the Filth is on its 2nd I believe.  With Flex Mentallo in print, if they do bring it in print, that is the three companion pieces.  Maybe They'll wait for a while....

Grant's catalog at DC is huge, so DC can take their time with releasing his works.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nighthunter

Hey guess Aztek will be mad now, All Stars Superman is DC's next animated feature after Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Darkchild
    @Silkcuts said:
    "  http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27462
     I would like to give a shout out to my buddy Joxxx5 who showed me this link.

As far as future projects, Morrison promised he'd deliver a classic Wonder Woman story "soon" and that as far as the release of his announced "Multiversity" project, "We can't get a concrete date because Frank Quitely's drawing one of them. But I think it's going to be next summer." The writer also said that one of the "Multiversity" issues would be called "Thunder World" – a title he came up with for the Marvel Family earth because he was tired of always having to work the word "Shazam" into the titles of their adventures for legal reasons.

The final volume in his "Sea Guy" cycle of miniseries for Vertigo – to be called "Sea Guy: Eternal" – will be on its way in the near future. "I've written the first two, and I think this one is the best of them all," he said. "The idea for them came from the world we were living in. The idea being that we're suddenly a part of a big brother society with cameras and surveillance. There's five surveillance cameras for everybody in the country including children and people in prison – five for every living person! If you read Alan Moore's recent interview, he talks about camera being in Northampton where he lives that'll go, 'Hey you! Pick up that cigarette butt!' and actually talk to you. It was that sense that we've all been infantilized – the sense that we're all buying cartoons we watched as a kid and playing little games. We're all sitting in our own little worlds with the internet. I wanted to write about that and mythologize it. And then it became the story of a guy's entire life but sort of strange. It was just responding to the weird feeling of the world these days."

Later, Morrison announced that DC would publish an "Absolute We3" soon which would include ten new pages from Frank Quitely that fill in some parts of the story the creator's couldn't work in with the book's original three-issue format. Morrison is also confident that DC will find a way to publish a collected edition of he and Quitely's "Flex Mentallo" series, although no specifics on that plan could be given.

"
    LOVED We3
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nighthunter
    @aztek the lost lol and to answer your question, he is DC's most popular writer followed by Johns. Sales talk......

That the books are also amazing doesn't hurt
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By NightFang3
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @Nighthunter said:
    " Hey guess Aztek will be mad now, All Stars Superman is DC's next animated feature after Superman/Batman: Apocalypse "
    you just keep mocking me but one day...

shakes fist "
                 Batman: Year One is next on DC list of Animated features also.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.