A Grant Morrison CARTOON

Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

18 Days...

When Virgin Comics folded, it left a lot of loose ends regarding the projects it had in the pipeline, since I don’t believe every title would be going to the Liquid Comics offshoot. I believe INCARNATE, for example, was originally at Virgin and then it went to Radical, instead.  Another of these projects was MBX, an animated web series created by Grant Morrison. We actually reported on the project way back at Comic 2008, but have heard neither hide nor hair about it since then. That is, until Deadline reported today that Morrison’s got a new OGN with Indian artist Mukesh Singh that’s called 18 DAYS coming out through a partnership between Liquid Comics and Dynamite and it's coinciding with a CG toon.

What it once was.

Hmmmm… the plot’s a take off of BHAGAVAD GITA, an epic out of the MAHABHRATA, a sacred Hindu scripture. With my thinking cap on, I’d hazard a guess that MBX was probably also based on the MAHABHRATA. Mahabharata => MahaBharata X => MBX.   After a look at the official website for 18 DAYS and its teaser trailer, and then a comparison to the teaser image to the right, it’s clear that this is the same project, with the sexier 18 DAYS title.   

Is that you, Jake Soo-lee?

Hindu epics seem to be really in vogue right now as a source of inspiration. You might recall that Virgin had that series RAMAYANA 3392 AD which, of course, set the RAMAYANA epic in the future. Perhaps less obvious is the fact that the big movie AVATAR you might’ve heard of obviously started with the RAMAYANA. Tell me if this sounds familiar… Rama is an AVATAR of the god Vishnu with BLUE SKIN, long, BRAIDED BLACK HAIR and a penchant for using a BOW AND ARROW.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by Taiqod (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morrision is a genius i cant wait for this

#2 Posted by johnny_spam (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of middle eastern philosophy in Grant Morrison's work The Invisibles, Vimanarama and even Batman we see Bruce meditating using these techniques to cleanse himself.   

#3 Posted by NightFang (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

I never heard of this comic before but i'll watch it.

#4 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

We3 would make a great cartoon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.