New Gotham Trailer Shows Off a Ton of Upcoming Villains

• 61 results
    Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Who would have thought comic book fans of all people would have trouble wrapping their heads around alternative takes on well-known stories?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: btw that isn't the dollmaker, dollmaker has already appeared in arrow and they share same universe

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#54 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego: btw that isn't the dollmaker, dollmaker has already appeared in arrow and they share same universe

Arrow and Gotham do NOT share the same universe. Arrow and Flash do.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#55 frozen  Moderator

@illo_29 said:

So let me get this straight. By the time Bruce grows up to be Batman all of his villains are going to be in there 50's and maybe 60's?

Lol.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#56  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@inferiorego said:

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 said:

When was this confirmed?

Arrow DOES exist in a Batman Universe. It was confirmed in the Flash pilot, the newspaper read ''Queen Industries merge with Wayne Enterprises''. I have no idea WHICH Universe of Batman that is, however.

I do recall the makers of Gotham saying Bruce will become Batman on the last episode, so it is feasible that Gotham takes place somewhere in the 1990's to match the timeline.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#57 inferiorego  Staff

@frozen said:

@inferiorego said:

When was this confirmed?

Arrow DOES exist in a Batman Universe. It was confirmed in the Flash pilot, the newspaper read ''Queen Industries merge with Wayne Enterprises''. I have no idea WHICH Universe of Batman that is, however.

I do recall the makers of Gotham saying Bruce will become Batman on the last episode, so it is feasible that Gotham takes place somewhere in the 1990's to match the timeline.

Gotham is a Fox production. Arrow and Flash are CW. That's confirmation enough. Will there be a Bruce Wayne on Arrow? Probably, but it won't be the same Bruce Wayne from Gotham. They're separate universes.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dondave said:

Not available in the UK

Not available in The Netherlands...

aw, no UK :-(

Download the hola plug in for the chrome broswer. Problem solved. However it is sad that DC are having many rules against Europe. Making the trailers and contents restricted. In a globalizing word it seems weird to be so focused on your domestic country rather than branching out.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Waiting until they cross the border into joker territory*

Ok, Gotham, slow down...

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyg is the Ballon Man from the next episode. I also like that Zzassz is starting out erly, and we're getting a young Harvey Dent soon (not Bruce, Selina, Ivy young) but more a contemporary of Gordon.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecomedian_ said:

@illo_29 said:

@mynameiswill: Ok maybe not 50's and 60's but most have to be pushing thirty in the series, so let's 40's and maybe a few in their 50's.

Yeah it's ridiculous.

Like seriously? Zsasz and The Riddler being THAT much older than Batman? I seriously don't buy it. I want to like this show, but this super villain cramming is just going mess up these characters.

I can tell you right now, no one will be older than they have to be, even if they are, the idea that all of Batman's villains have to be his age is stupid.

@thecomedian_ said:

@soa: These characters are evolving into the villains that Batman will face in the future. Nothing silly about that. Lots of Batman's villians are sorta old anyway.

It's very silly when the Batman is supposed to bring out these villains in Gotham. It really lessens Batman's impact if he just followed the lead of villains before him instead of the other way around.

Also a lot of the villains showed in this show aren't even supposed to be that much older than Bruce. Like seriously, Zsasz being around 50 whenever Bruce is around 30? It just seems really weird to me. I just think that this show should be about Gotham before Batman and his villains, because before Batman there weren't these bad guys. I'm fine with cameo's and what not, but I feel like they're going to push it too far.

Seriously though, you think Batman got there and people just decided they'd be a villain ( a few did ). There had to be low-key story behind it. Even if they do use some of his villains, so what? It'll be that much more entertaining.

Before Batman, maybe there wasn't these bad people, but this show is basically demonstrating how these people were before they turn into what Batman faces in the future.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I always hated the Batman created the villains argument, and this is basically demonstrating that GOTHAM created it's own monsters, and a few heroes to save it in the form of Gordon, Dent and finally Batman. And at the most these villains will be 10-15 years older than Bruce or so, and that's not that big a difference in age. That's like saying 25 year olds and 35 year olds can't compete at the same level.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@inferiorego said:

When was this confirmed?

it's the same way there is a green arrow in smallville and one in Arrow. Two completely different universes, same characters.

Flash and Arrow = yes

Arrow and Gotham = no

Even if they are in the same "universe" they aren't even in the same time period so it still wouldn't make much difference. Plus one is CW the other is not.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Bringing all the villains before the existence of Batman is way too early.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn it! The trailer isn't available in UAE. :(

jla3811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By jla3811

WHERE'S KITE MAN?!?!?!?!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.