Follow

Gotham City Sirens

Team » Gotham City Sirens appears in 77 issues.

Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, and Catwoman team up as the Gotham City Sirens. Yet, what are their intentions, for good or evil? Find out as these three women hit the streets of Gotham!

Sirens artwork

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

As a massive Paul Dini fan I was very excited about the new Gotham Sirens stories and so far I am not dissapointed. I was a little nervous about Guillem March doing the art as I have not in the past been a huge fan of his work. I am a bit of a fan girl with Paul Dini and can be a tad... firm about no one else potraying the gotham girls as well as he does.   The covers are a little deceiving, I find the art work on the actual frames a lot better than some of the covers, the Covers can be a tad to sexualised for me but its art so i go with it. Granted Poison Ivy does use her sexuality to attract. I was suprised at how much I liked his stuff and admit to being a happy convert, but i have heard others grumble about the look saying it does not suit them.

Gotham City Sirens #4
    Gotham City Sirens #4

the Gotham City Sirens
    the Gotham City Sirens

What are your thoughts? do you like the look for the girls? are you happy with their choice of artist and writer team?  are the covers too sexualised? I have no problem with it but do others? Are we looking at a great new team up between Guillem and Paul?   

Also can anyone tell me if Paul Dini and Guillem March have worked together before?
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

yes, theyve been teamed up many times, Harley and Ivy have been as much a team as Harley and Joker since the start. 
    theyve been a staple of Dini's stories, and were the stars of Gotham Girls.

Bruce Timm concieved much of Harley Quinn, and the Ivy duo art, and is a strongly sexual person. they are also meant to represent
    a Diva duo. so yes, its sexual. as to " too sexualised " i wouldnt know the defintion, or what it means specifically to you, but does it matter?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

I think most women in comics are too sexualised with the disproportionate T&A.  So when it comes to a trio of gorgeous gals like the GC Sirens then you just have to go with the flow.  So if they do have to have skin-tight outfits and ridiculous physiques, at least they can be beautifully drawn.  By the way, the cover they've just solicited with Poison Ivy is absolutely beautiful... 

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CATMANEXE said:
    " yes, theyve been teamed up many times, Harley and Ivy have been as much a team as Harley and Joker since the start.  theyve been a staple of Dini's stories, and were the stars of Gotham Girls. Bruce Timm concieved much of Harley Quinn, and the Ivy duo art, and is a strongly sexual person. they are also meant to represent a Diva duo. so yes, its sexual. as to " too sexualised " i wouldnt know the defintion, or what it means specifically to you, but does it matter? "
    oh my apologies if my first post was not clear, im aware the gotham girls have teamed up before. 

I was asking about the writer and the artist 

as for the sexuality, it was not my main concern, just a thought process.
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty said:
    "

I think most women in comics are too sexualised with the disproportionate T&A.  So when it comes to a trio of gorgeous gals like the GC Sirens then you just have to go with the flow.  So if they do have to have skin-tight outfits and ridiculous physiques, at least they can be beautifully drawn.  By the way, the cover they've just solicited with Poison Ivy is absolutely beautiful... 

"
    see his work is quite beautiful, I really am a convert to Guillems take on the girls 
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By The Hottness
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "

"

Dang..this is nice in SOOO many ways 

*swings off*
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Hottness: ahh your contributions are both intellectual and profound as always LMAO ;-P
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Hottness
    @.Mistress Redhead. said:
    " @The Hottness: ahh your contributions are both intellectual and profound as always LMAO ;-P "

Ouch MR ouch!  

LMAO jk
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL nice! I will have to save that one ;-P

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Hottness
    "LOL nice! I will have to save that one ;-P "

I liked it cause i'm the "Hottness" and the guys on fire LOL...classic
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Hottness: i can never find decent pics for battles so im so yoinking that one and yes i see the humour LOL
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Hottness
    " @The Hottness: i can never find decent pics for battles so im so yoinking that one and yes i see the humour LOL "

thats what i do.... 

but the artwork on the Sirens is outstanding, no joke (the covers at least ;P)
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @The Hottness: Love the 7th panel on the DDR joke :) 

And yeah, the covers are stunning... the internal art is good, but nowhere near as gorgeous as those covers!!  Still good though :)
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty: I do love both, I think im just stuck on how they are usually portrayed lol!  

im too stubborn in my old age ;-P
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By pixelized
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "

"

i don't even care for PI and i had to make that my Av when i first ran across it. 

It's also the background image on my phone
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pixelized: Its why I am so in love with the artwork, I was so turned around by his work!
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump as im still wanting to find out if there has been a team up of Paul and Guillam!!! 

anyone?? 

bueller?? 

Avatar image for batarrowlantern
    batarrowlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By batarrowlantern

three sexy ladies living in the big city looking for a man. A Batman. The only Batman

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    UnsolvedParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By UnsolvedParadox

Awesome pencils by Guillem March, really a joy to behold. Especially on Harley, her quizzical/playful expressions are amazing!

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#20  Edited By harleyquinn12

Very good series! At first I was a bit disapointed with Guilem March's art,but it's starting to grow on me. Paul Dini's writing,excellent as always. Also a huge fanboy of Dini's.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I like Paul Dini's work.It's pretty good.

Koge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By Koge

I think it's gone way down hill since the artist switch.  I can scan a panel for you where Harley's ears are attached to her jowls.  I first noticed the change in the issue where Harley went home to see her family- her open mouth looked like her jawbone had been dislocated.  My first thought was, "Dear God, Harley!  Did you let Mr. J knock you in the face with a swordfish again?  You can't take any more 4 story falls!"  The piece de resistance has to be the opening shot of Ivy when she is applying for a job position.  It really looked like Rob Liefeld was giving pointers.

EDIT
    I can't make this post sound too mean.  After all, I do think the story is well written and I love each character.  The covers are still splendid.

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Koge: I actually really agree, it has gone downhill big time lately
    Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Paragon
    " @Koge: I actually really agree, it has gone downhill big time lately "
    I second this. It just looked off.
    amboozled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By amboozled
    @Koge said:
    " I think it's gone way down hill since the artist switch.  I can scan a panel for you where Harley's ears are attached to her jowls.  I first noticed the change in the issue where Harley went home to see her family- her open mouth looked like her jawbone had been dislocated.  My first thought was, "Dear God, Harley!  Did you let Mr. J knock you in the face with a swordfish again?  You can't take any more 4 story falls!"  The piece de resistance has to be the opening shot of Ivy when she is applying for a job position.  It really looked like Rob Liefeld was giving pointers.  EDIT I can't make this post sound too mean.  After all, I do think the story is well written and I love each character.  The covers are still splendid. "
    The artist switch has definitely impacted the comic as a whole. The story's great, the characters are still fantastic and the cover art is glorious, but this last issue Ivy especially just didn't look right.
    hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By hdorman1

looks amazing 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.