Why do people say GT Goku is weak?

#1 Edited by BossMan404 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Saiyan Kid Goku did a standing, casual punch and set Super 17 flying into a building, pushed the building back then he went flying across the continents into the arctic.

How is this weak? Skip to 0:25

#2 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

Because of this:

#3 Edited by dbzmeister (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Because as a rule people just hate GT. The writing is incredibly inconsistent I suppose with stuff like that happenng one second then the next him struggling to perform 10 ton feats but meh Z was filled with incosistencies as well. (Although it was obviously a far better series) SSj4 Goku logically is the strongest non-fused character in the entire Dragonball series.

#4 Posted by BossMan404 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne said:

Because of this:

I've been going through episodes of GT and haven't found where he was cut by glass.

Also Wonder Woman is pierced by sharp objects, and she's not weak?

And wouldn't we just call it PIS because Dragon Ball has shown that Goku can't be cut by knifes, bullets or even an axe?

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Who said he was weak? He was just weaker than what he should have been due to becoming a child.

#6 Posted by BossMan404 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Who said he was weak? He was just weaker than what he should have been due to becoming a child.

In battles. People say DBZ Goku is stronger then, GT Goku even thought it's the exact same Goku with more training and SSJ4.

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@BossMan404: GT Goku himself mentioned that in his child form, his body was too weak to support SSJ3. I'd assume by that statement, he would've mastered the third form in his adult state by the end of Z/Start of GT.

#8 Posted by Oni_Bane (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

GT Goku is strongest character in the DBU.

#9 Posted by Laurcus (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

Because GT has some kind of low showings. As others have said, GT Goku is logically the strongest unfused character in the DB Universe. He made a fool out of Super Perfect Cell in his base form. And since we know SS3 is a multiplier of x400, and SS4 is even stronger than that... yeah.

And if anything ever can be called PIS, it's some of Goku's low showings in GT.

#10 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oni_Bane said:

isn't that Vegito?

#11 Posted by Soul_Rebel (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Because no character ever did anything truly all that impressive...

#12 Posted by BossMan404 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soul_Rebel said:

Because no character ever did anything truly all that impressive...

Well Goku did that in SSJ1 when he has access to SSJ4 which would make that punch look like a simple flick.

Fought Nova Shenron who was hotter then the sun

Survived Hell's ice

Fought Syn Shenron blind, and could still dodge, block, attack like he had sight.

Could collect a spirit bomb in like 10 seconds.

GT is underestimated.

#13 Posted by Soul_Rebel (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@BossMan404: The only thing truly impressive on that list is collecting a spirit bomb in ten seconds and Nova Shenron's hotter than the sun... which in general just didn't make sense. Hell's ice doesn't have a set estimate, Goku uses sensing all the time, that's not new. What enemies had a planet busting feat, or even near one besides Syn? It's been a while since i watched the series.

#14 Posted by BossMan404 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soul_Rebel said:

@BossMan404: The only thing truly impressive on that list is collecting a spirit bomb in ten seconds and Nova Shenron's hotter than the sun... which in general just didn't make sense. Hell's ice doesn't have a set estimate, Goku uses sensing all the time, that's not new. What enemies had a planet busting feat, or even near one besides Syn? It's been a while since i watched the series.

Baby fired a planet busting attack, but SSj4 Goku stood in the way and it had no effect.

Another good feat was SSj4 Goku shot a 10x kamehameha at Baby which pushed him into the sun in seconds. Meaning it was going magnitudes faster then light.

#15 Posted by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soul_Rebel said:

Hell's Ice isn't actual ice, that's why it doesn't have an estimate. Hell's Ice is created out of souls, as the old lady who showed up before Goku broke free of said ice, mentioned it only work on other souls (or the dead). So he wasn't affected by it the same way Frieza and Cell were before Goku accidentally shattered them.

#16 Posted by Oni_Bane (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@Oni_Bane said:

isn't that Vegito?

I was only counting non-fused characters.

#17 Posted by k4tzm4n (35230 posts) - - Show Bio
@BossMan404: Yeah, not a battle.  Moving this thread.
Staff
#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@BossMan404: Yeah, not a battle. Moving this thread.

I was just about to say that xD

#19 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oni_Bane said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Oni_Bane said:

isn't that Vegito?

Even then wouldn't it be SS4 Gogeta?

#20 Edited by Oni_Bane (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Oni_Bane said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Oni_Bane said:

isn't that Vegito?

Even then wouldn't it be SS4 Gogeta

Gogeta is a Fusion Character bromigo. Gogeta is made up of Goku and Vegeta

#21 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason GT is reminded is the Super Saiyen 4. You want goku at his so called best form so he can blow everyone else away so you know time was far important than to read everyone else. If you were truly honest you can see it is weak other meanings but physically. In a writing stand point it was terrible. Mentally in makes Goku weak as it becomes a clutch like Megatron became Galvatron. I have talked about the strongest form in another blog here is the link so I don’t need to repeat it here.

The super sayein power up is a glass cannon high in speed and strength but low stamina in other words it increases the strength but drain stamina faster. Yes he trains to break that clutch but in actuality he just lowers it a bit. That strength training would take toll as well as it make predictable and overconfident. If not it writer just writer wants to make the character more important which just make him Mary Sue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.