Follow

Goku

Character » Goku appears in 1424 issues.

The main protagonist and hero of the Dragon Ball manga series and animated television series created by Akira Toriyama. He is one of the survivors of the extinct Saiyan race. Sent as a baby to planet Earth in order to destroy it. When he arrived he was a violent kid, due to his warrior nature. However, he suffered an accident which made him lose his memory. He became a kind and calm kid. Trained, he became a talented martial artist and world's greatest defender.

Why do people say Goku can't fight fast, in battle debates?

• 133 results
    BossMan404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BossMan404

I think it's pretty fast :P

@Strider92: @YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Ill check out AnimeVice thanks guys

@XImpossibruX: Don't know why people say it aint so.

@The Stegman: Some Goku vs threads i've seen.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

I think you may be looking for AnimeVice my friend!

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Strider92 said:

This.

Also, this is not a battle. Please refer to the Battle Forum rules.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ximpossibrux

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@Strider92 said:

This.

Also, this is not a battle. Please refer to the Battle Forum rules.

These right here.

And welcome to the vine.

Also Goku fighting speed, is very fast.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Who says this?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pooty

@BossMan404: Goku's fighting speed has been described as "faster then the eye can follow". Flash is said to fight at "lightspeed". Faster then "the eye can see" is only a few times the speed of sound". That is way way way slower "then the speed of light".

kc1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kc1997

yeah but goku can fight with the instant transmission technique.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
    ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

When have people said this? like, seriously?

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Phylos

Bad bait is bad.

goodguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By goodguy24

Goku is fast so whoever told you differently, told you wrong.

Sapperjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sapperjak

Goku could fight faster then the eye could follow on Namek when he was at power level 180,000 before he was ever a super saiyan. He got stronger from healing as saiyans do and was smacked around by freeza at double his prvious level. When he went SSJ he smacked Freeza around like he was nothing. You can imagine that going SSJ was an experience that multiplied his power several times. I'd say he moves very fast without instant transmission.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eternal19

@Strider92 said:

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dextersinister

@kc1997 said:

yeah but goku can fight with the instant transmission technique.

He could but he didn't, guy took so many hits he could have ported away from. Suppose it's in character given his intelligence and all.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ximpossibrux

@pooty said:

@BossMan404: Goku's fighting speed has been described as "faster then the eye can follow". Flash is said to fight at "lightspeed". Faster then "the eye can see" is only a few times the speed of sound". That is way way way slower "then the speed of light".

If you watch the entire fight the Announcer says "Are you getting all this"

And the Camera man replies "Uhh yea this thing can record faster then light"

And then later he says "The camera can't pick up their speed"

Fighting FTL (But that's anime so lets show a Manga scan)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By renamed040924

@pooty said:

Yeah, Goku was described as faster than the eye can follow when he was 12... he may of improved a bit since his power level of 100.

The no speed thing is just a dumb copout fanboys use when they don't know what to say. Goku flew across Namek in an instant before even going Super Saiyan. Light can travel around the planet I think 4 times in 1 second. Is SS3 Goku at least 4 times more powerful than Namek Saga Goku? I would think so.

EDIT: This isn't directed at you pooty, just in case you misunderstood.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pooty

@nickzambuto: I agree with you actually. Nevertheless, people like definitive numbers. Flash has "pico second" reaction time. that is something we can measure. We know exactly how fast that is. How big is Namek? How many times could Goku fly around earth in a second? We don't know. My point is a definitive answer beats an assumption everyday of the week. I believe Goku was much faster then light speed in flight and reaction time. Now ask me to prove it. I can't.

@XImpossibruX: Goku is faster then light. Flash is 1000x faster then light with pico or feto second speed. Faster then light can be faster by one mile per hour or it could be a billion times the speed of light. It's all speculation. Until they give a SPECIFIC number for Goku's speed people will say flash, superman is faster. Specific speed >>>>>>> speculated speed

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ximpossibrux

@pooty said:

@nickzambuto: I agree with you actually. Nevertheless, people like definitive numbers. Flash has "pico second" reaction time. that is something we can measure. We know exactly how fast that is. How big is Namek? How many times could Goku fly around earth in a second? We don't know. My point is a definitive answer beats an assumption everyday of the week. I believe Goku was much faster then light speed in flight and reaction time. Now ask me to prove it. I can't.

@XImpossibruX: Goku is faster then light. Flash is 1000x faster then light with pico or feto second speed. Faster then light can be faster by one mile per hour or it could be a billion times the speed of light. It's all speculation. Until they give a SPECIFIC number for Goku's speed people will say flash, superman is faster. Specific speed >>>>>>> speculated speed

Good point, but here's something for an Animevice user hitsusatsu11

SnakeWay is 625, 000 Miles, and it took Goku 2 days to reach the end after King Kai's training. Meaning Goku was traveling at a rate of 13, 018 Mph (Mach 17)

Based off some distance over time feats and scaling using the mach 17 on snake way, and 5000 plv correlation and you can prove he becomes ftl with some math.

Lightspeed= mach 880, 000 therefore Goku was (880,000/17) 51764x slower than light at this point that means theoretically he needs to be pvl (51764x 5000) 258 823 529, now his pvl when he FIRST turned ssj was 150 000 000 (official, in daizenshu) so its clear he vastly surpasses the lightspeed threshold for travelling speed (and I am using a linear correlation, it is likely closer to exponential based on the time he ran it with a plv << 1000, then ran it again with a plv of around 6,000).

TL;DR Goku went mach 17 at PL of 5000, therefore needs a PL of 258, 823, 529 to go light speed.

In SSJ3 his PL reached the billions.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By renamed040924

@XImpossibruX said:

@pooty said:

Good point, but here's something for an Animevice user hitsusatsu11

SnakeWay is 625, 000 Miles, and it took Goku 2 days to reach the end after King Kai's training. Meaning Goku was traveling at a rate of 13, 018 Mph (Mach 17)

Based off some distance over time feats and scaling using the mach 17 on snake way, and 5000 plv correlation and you can prove he becomes ftl with some math.

Lightspeed= mach 880, 000 therefore Goku was (880,000/17) 51764x slower than light at this point that means theoretically he needs to be pvl (51764x 5000) 258 823 529, now his pvl when he FIRST turned ssj was 150 000 000 (official, in daizenshu) so its clear he vastly surpasses the lightspeed threshold for travelling speed (and I am using a linear correlation, it is likely closer to exponential based on the time he ran it with a plv << 1000, then ran it again with a plv of around 6,000).

TL;DR Goku went mach 17 at PL of 5000, therefore needs a PL of 258, 823, 529 to go light speed.

In SSJ3 his PL reached the billions.

I thought Snake Way was a million miles long?

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ximpossibrux

@nickzambuto: Nah, but if hitsusatsu is wrong and it is 1 million miles, it only more so proves the fact that Goku is faster the light.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By renamed040924

@XImpossibruX said:

@nickzambuto: Nah, but if hitsusatsu is wrong and it is 1 million miles, it only more so proves the fact that Goku is faster the light.

hitsasatsu is wrong, Snake Way was stated to be 1 million miles long. Before Goku, the only person to run the whole way was Mr. Popo.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ximpossibrux

@nickzambuto said:

@XImpossibruX said:

hitsasatsu is wrong, Snake Way was stated to be 1 million miles long. Before Goku, the only person to run the whole way was Mr. Popo.

Then goku was going at a rate of 20833mph which is Mach 61 at a PL of 5000.

Well Goku just got faster in my books.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pooty

@XImpossibruX: i read the explanation and i don't get it. does power level = speed increase? Does all his stats increase exponentially at the same rate? If you say yes, can you prove all his stats increase at the same rate? It would be so much easier if they just said "he is a billion times the speed of light. sometimes simple is better.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ximpossibrux

@pooty said:

@XImpossibruX: i read the explanation and i don't get it. does power level = speed increase? Does all his stats increase exponentially at the same rate? If you say yes, can you prove all his stats increase at the same rate? It would be so much easier if they just said "he is a billion times the speed of light. sometimes simple is better.

Power levels = The amount of Ki you have.

The more Ki (higher power level) the more power, strength, speed, stamina durabiity, abilities ect. This differentiates DBZ characters from comics book superhero's like Superman or Captain Marvel, who have different powers, skills, strengths and weaknesses.

This is why Buu >> Cell >> Frieza and it just goes on.

Example: Goku was at a higher powerlevel then Burter, and so Burter couldn't even touch him, or hurt him.

Another Example: SSJ2 Goku and Majin Vegeta were at the same powerlevel, so their speed, strength, durability ect was equal.

It's a very linear system that Dragon Ball z uses to determine who is more powerful.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pooty

@XImpossibruX: I remember during Cell Games that you could increase your power and strength but decreases your speed. So lets assume at power level 10 you can travel light speed. at power level 20 you can go 2x light speed?

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HBKTimHBK

He's not slow.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ximpossibrux

@pooty said:

@XImpossibruX: I remember during Cell Games that you could increase your power and strength but decreases your speed. So lets assume at power level 10 you can travel light speed. at power level 20 you can go 2x light speed?

Yes that was Ultra Super Saiyan

And yes that would be the case.

The only reason why they don't go lightspeed when flying is because of the long dialogue they have during flight.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pooty

@XImpossibruX said:

@nickzambuto said:

@XImpossibruX said:

what was Goku's final power level without fusion?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By renamed040924

@XImpossibruX said:

@pooty said:

Yes that was Ultra Super Saiyan

And yes that would be the case.

The only reason why they don't go lightspeed when flying is because of the long dialogue they have during flight.

Adding to that, Krillin could keep up with Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Supreme Kai all going top speed. Goten and Trunks as Super Saiyans took hours to travel the same distance, because they weren't required in the plot at that time.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By renamed040924

@pooty said:

@XImpossibruX said:

@nickzambuto said:

@XImpossibruX said:

Over 9000.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ximpossibrux

@pooty said:

@XImpossibruX said:

@nickzambuto said:

@XImpossibruX said:

Well we are uncertain of this. This is pretty much the only scan we have.

It's not official, but it's the only thing we've got.

No Caption Provided
    ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ximpossibrux

@nickzambuto: That is a very good point about Goten and Trunks, i will use that in future references. Thank you =)

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pooty

@nickzambuto: @XImpossibruX: One of you says over 9,000. i think that scan is saying billions. You're confusing me people. lol

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ximpossibrux

@pooty said:

@nickzambuto: @XImpossibruX: One of you says over 9,000. i think that scan is saying billions. You're confusing me people. lol

It's an internet meme xD.

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By niBBit

@pooty: The official powerlevel of Goku at SSJ is 150 million at the end of the Frieza Saga. The scan that is posted above is not official so it should not be used.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By renamed040924

@pooty said:

Over 9000 was obviously a joke.

Come on now, you don't need to be a DBZ fan to know the meme :P

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By theTimeStreamer

oh look. a thread about that guy in that anime/manga with the beaten to death formula (guy gets beat, guy beats guy that beat him before. repeat endlessly with stalling dialogue)

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pooty

@XImpossibruX: @nickzambuto: Sorry i have never seen that meme. i feel so out-of-the-loop.

SMDfanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SMDfanboys

@theTimeStreamer said:

oh look. a thread about that guy in that anime/manga with the beaten to death formula (guy gets beat, guy beats guy that beat him before. repeat endlessly with stalling dialogue)

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ximpossibrux

@theTimeStreamer said:

People like you are the reason why we can't have Manga vs Comics on this site.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@SMDfanboys: not angry brah. just stating the facts.

SMDfanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SMDfanboys

@theTimeStreamer: Ya know I dont like to pick sides, but comicbook fights are all about dialogue.

They literally have coffee shop conversations, and very little action.

No Caption Provided
    renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By renamed040924

@pooty said:

@XImpossibruX: @nickzambuto: Sorry i have never seen that meme. i feel so out-of-the-loop.

Over 9000 is seriously one of the most overused memes, period. You SHOULD feel out of the loop :P

@theTimeStreamer said:

Please leave and take your fail with you.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@XImpossibruX: dont be pissed at me because the premise of the whole series is what a 9 year old would do. besides you would never catch me debating on such a battle.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@SMDfanboys: wow. it took you a while to google comic page with lots of dialogue. dbz is practically made of stalling as much as possible.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ThanosIsMad
    No Caption Provided

Ignore the bottom half of the image past SS3 Goku since it uses dub errors to prove its point. So yeah, Goku is FTL, especially if you go with the other image that said he was at 24 billion in SS3.

Though really, no one truly demonstrated FTL speed until Vegetto as Buu couldn't keep up with him because he moved faster than the light of his aura.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pooty

@theTimeStreamer: @XImpossibruX: @SMDfanboys:

with the beaten to death formula (guy gets beat, guy beats guy that beat him before. repeat endlessly with stalling dialogue)

This applies to comics, movies, anime etc.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ximpossibrux

@ThanosIsMad said:

No Caption Provided

Ignore the bottom half of the image past SS3 Goku since it uses dub errors to prove its point. So yeah, Goku is FTL, especially if you go with the other image that said he was at 24 billion in SS3.

Though really, no one truly demonstrated FTL speed until Vegetto as Buu couldn't keep up with him because he moved faster than the light of his aura.

Is there a bigger image for that? Because even when i click on it, it doesn't enlarge enough.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@pooty: it appeares everywhere sure. but in dbz it was 99% of the time the only thing happening.

SMDfanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SMDfanboys

@theTimeStreamer said:

@SMDfanboys: wow. it took you a while to google comic page with lots of dialogue. dbz is practically made of stalling as much as possible.

You want more big boy?

Whole conversations........ little action.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@SMDfanboys: wow. so little action!! astounded. its only a page. the amount of action is sufficient for a page. this amount of action happens in 3 episode of dbz. this just 1 page. so yeah. you can stop now. you are not proving anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.