Why didn't Goku...

#1 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

teleport cell to the sun? The sun would had destroyed every cell from cell's body.

another question. When Vegeta and Nappa were coming to invade the earth, couldn't goku had just wished for their Pods to be blown up? If their Pods had blown up, they would had suffocated to death in the cold space.

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12582 posts) - - Show Bio

If they had done any of this, then there would be no story.

#3 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (278 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Goku's instant transmission can only teleport him where he can sense someone's ki. It still begs the question why he didn't have someone blast a gigantic ki orb into space to which he could've teleported while the rest of the gang gatherst energy so he can sense them from afar and teleport back in time. One could argue that they only had precious seconds till cell self destruckted, but Goku did seem to have plenty of time to give touchingly heroic speeches. Oh well, I guess Goku was really, really eager to train in the otherworld again ;)

#4 Posted by MrPuertillo (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Goku follows the honorable way of the fighter, as simple as that. That added to the fact he always like to fight, also the wish had to be lower than Piccolo's power.

#5 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

You people know that animevice exist for a reason for you people who are into anime could talk about this kinda thing just saying.

#6 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrPuertillo said:

Because Goku follows the honorable way of the fighter, as simple as that. That added to the fact he always like to fight, also the wish had to be lower than Piccolo's power.

Pretty much this.

#7 Posted by PurpleCandy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

You people know that animevice exist for a reason for you people who are into anime could talk about this kinda thing just saying.

im a DBZ fan, but I agree

#8 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@PurpleCandy said:

@CODYSF said:

im a DBZ fan, but I agree

Why did you even bump this thread then?

#9 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

Almost every Dragonball and other anime/manga characters is in Comic Vines database, that pretty much tells everyone it's okay to discuss them here. I could understand it if they weren't allowed in the wiki and so forth... Besides, Anime Vice sucks...

#10 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

If they had done any of this, then there would be no story.

Also Goku's not the sharpest tool in the box.

#11 Posted by Mortein (3305 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

teleport cell to the sun? The sun would had destroyed every cell from cell's body.

another question. When Vegeta and Nappa were coming to invade the earth, couldn't goku had just wished for their Pods to be blown up? If their Pods had blown up, they would had suffocated to death in the cold space.

How do you know sun would be enough to kill Cell?

#12 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mortein said:

@moywar700 said:

dragon ball z characters die within planet blowing up so I assume the sun would be more than enough.

#13 Posted by Acer. (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think Goku was fast enoygh to perform such an instantaneous feat before cell could react and counter. Instant transmission is not a good battle technique imo.

Goku loves fighting and he would have enjoyed fighting such opponents. Not to mention if they had done that none of the Z fighters would have grown, making facing larger threats more of a challenge.

#14 Edited by Mortein (3305 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

@Mortein said:

@moywar700 said:

dragon ball z characters die within planet blowing up so I assume the sun would be more than enough.

They die from planet explosion? someone must have misinformed Frieza about that.

Frieza received countless kicks and punches

He endured countless energy blasts from KKx20 Goku, SSJ Goku, Piccolo , Vegeta..., each one of them more than powerful enough to destroy a planet.

He endured a spirit bomb in which goku collected not only energy of namek , but also the energy of the nearby planets

He got sliced in 5 pieces

Beaten up, sliced in pieces and with almost no energy left, Goku nearly "vaporized" him with his last attack

Then the planet exploded, and Frieza survived it's explosion

While he was still relatively healthy he said, he could lose some of his energy if he gets stuck in the planet explosion.

And Frieza on namek<<SSJ Goku ( on namek)<Mecha Frieza<<< SSJ Trunks<<<SSJ Goku(pre android saga)<<<<<SSJ Goku (android saga)<SSJVegeta android saga<<Android 18<Android 17<<<<Cell (after absorbing people)</=Android 16<<<<Cell (after absorbing 17)<<<<Vegeta (after training in time chamber)<<<<Perfect Cell<<<<Super Perfect Cell

I seriously doubt Cell would have even felt planet explosion

When Buu destroyed Planet earth it was different

Kid Buu effortlessly fired an earth busting attack, which was easly countered and stoped by Vegeta, who apparently focus it's explosion.

Then Buu, created an energy ball so powerful that both Vegeta (who had access to SSJ2) and Goku (who had excess to SSJ3) were unable to stop.

So the Earth end up destroyed, and Gohan died.

It should also be noted that Gohan was unconscious so he wasn't able to manipulate his ki to increase his durability, and his ki was previously drained by buu, so he probably had no ki to manipulate.

The only inconsistency I see here is Vegeta's statement "are you suicidal", which makes no sense.

#15 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mortein said:

@moywar700 said:

@Mortein said:

@moywar700 said:

They die from planet explosion? someone must have misinformed Frieza about that.

Frieza received countless kicks and punches

He endured countless energy blasts from KKx20 Goku, SSJ Goku, Piccolo , Vegeta..., each one of them more than powerful enough to destroy a planet.

He endured a spirit bomb in which goku collected not only energy of namek , but also the energy of the nearby planets

He got sliced in 5 pieces

Beaten up, sliced in pieces and with almost no energy left, Goku nearly "vaporized" him with his last attack

Then the planet exploded, and Frieza survived it's explosion

While he was still relatively healthy he said, he could lose some of his energy if he gets stuck in the planet explosion.

And Frieza on namek<<SSJ Goku ( on namek)<Mecha Frieza<<< SSJ Trunks<<<SSJ Goku(pre android saga)<<<<<SSJ Goku (android saga)<SSJVegeta android saga<<Android 18<Android 17<<<<Cell (after absorbing people)</=Android 16<<<<Cell (after absorbing 17)<<<<Vegeta (after training in time chamber)<<<<Perfect Cell<<<<Super Perfect Cell

I seriously doubt Cell would have even felt planet explosion

When Buu destroyed Planet earth it was different

Kid Buu effortlessly fired an earth busting attack, which was easly countered and stoped by Vegeta, who apparently focus it's explosion.

Then Buu, created an energy ball so powerful that both Vegeta (who had access to SSJ2) and Goku (who had excess to SSJ3) were unable to stop.

So the Earth end up destroyed, and Gohan died.

It should also be noted that Gohan was unconscious so he wasn't able to manipulate his ki to increase his durability, and his ki was previously drained by buu, so he probably had no ki to manipulate.

The only inconsistency I see here is Vegeta's statement "are you suicidal", which makes no sense.

alright.

#16 Posted by toby5678910 (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku has a low IQ and doesn't think outside the box.

#17 Posted by DEGRAAF (7912 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@MrPuertillo said:

Pretty much this.

yea but you dont think Piccolo could blow up two orbs in space?

@Mortein said:

@moywar700 said:

also would the heat kills Goku as well?

@Mortein: Where are all your scans from? I have only seen the shows and Gohan didn't die in the show that i remember and i don't remember the earth being blown up either (or Vegeta ever being stronger then Goku)

#18 Posted by Mortein (3305 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

@Mortein said:

@moywar700 said:

also would the heat kills Goku as well?

@Mortein: Where are all your scans from? I have only seen the shows and Gohan didn't die in the show that i remember and i don't remember the earth being blown up either (or Vegeta ever being stronger then Goku)

Scans are from dragon ball manga. Kid Buu killed Gohan, and destroyed the Earth.

"SSJ Goku (android saga)< SSJ Vegeta (android saga)"

Well this was just speculated it might not be true, but he was at least on pair with him.

#19 Posted by DEGRAAF (7912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mortein: so i guess the show took a couple different turns compared to the Manga.

#20 Edited by Mortein (3305 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

@Mortein: so i guess the show took a couple different turns compared to the Manga.

There are some differences, but I'm pretty sure Buu destroyed the Earth and killed Gohan both in anime and manga

#21 Posted by nickzambuto (14885 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

1) Instant Transmission can only teleport to a ki signal

2) Because Goku is a good guy and an honorable fighter.

#22 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@moywar700 said:

why quote me on something from months ago?

#23 Posted by nickzambuto (14885 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@moywar700 said:

why quote me on something from months ago?

Why not?

#24 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: because I don't care anymore.

#25 Posted by nickzambuto (14885 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

@nickzambuto: because I don't care anymore.

Well maybe I do? Ever think of that? What about my needs?

#26 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: Check out howitshouldhaveended.com. I think you'll like it.

#27 Posted by SilverGalford (3241 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku dies if he does that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.