Where would Goku rank if he were in Marvel?

• 166 results
#1 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2098 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by D3athstroke (3964 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2098 posts) - - Show Bio

Would he be classified on a cosmic level? I mean he's a solar system buster so that makes him pretty tough.

#4 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

With sentry or bluemarvel

#5 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2098 posts) - - Show Bio
@D3athstroke:  that freaked me out
#6 Posted by RoosterCogburn (209 posts) - - Show Bio

With the best of the best. Hulk, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Hercules, Thor, Silver Surfer...

#7 Posted by csimon (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

with the best  and powerfull  hell he is cosmic level like it or not
#8 Posted by Darkseid Elite (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

whoo round of applause for goku! yeah!
#9 Posted by The Mango (1477 posts) - - Show Bio

Around Thor's level.

Below Silver Surfer.

#10 Posted by Casket (311 posts) - - Show Bio

below Kirby and Lee's Classic Thor 
 but above Colossus, Ironman, Luke Cage etc

Modern Thor might lose to Goku since Thor doesn't seem to punch his weight anymore
but Classic Thor is stronger than Goku

Odin Force Thor would destory Goku

#11 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (889 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd be classified somewhere around "No" and "Don't ever think of something this awful again" 

:)
#13 Posted by unopen7639 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

he might be at the level as silver sufer cause he candestroy planets. he fought and beat universal threats like janamba. he is train even harder when he sees how strong everyone is. 
#14 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku would probably bee a Superman-level hero...So powerhouse level for him.

#15 Posted by rico_3088 (486 posts) - - Show Bio
@csimon said:
with the best  and powerfull  hell he is cosmic level like it or not

YUP, COSMIC LEVEL BUT LOWER LEVEL COSMIC. 
#16 Posted by XLR87T3 (2885 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku would be slightly over current Thor because instant transmition. Remember, slightly... Oh and Thor is still AWESOME!

#17 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe on-par with Silver Surfer.

#18 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh...Thor/Silver Surfer. Hard to say because he is so different from most Marvel characters.

#19 Posted by Deadcool (6813 posts) - - Show Bio
Do the math...
#20 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:
Do the math...
Intelligence is missing a level 8 ranking.

8. Doctor Doom.
#21 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku would be one of the Annihilators and refuse to take orders from a dog.

#22 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku is planet destroyer but would be lower compared characters to Silver Surfer, Scarlet Witch, Galactus.

Strength 7

Intelligence 1

Energy Projection: 6

#23 Edited by Warcry80 (2151 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:
Do the math...

I'll Say 
Strength 7 
Fighting Ability 7  
Energy Projection 6 
Durability 6 
Speed 6  
Intelligence 4

Explanations  
Strength because you have to be above class 100 to Knock someone from one continent to another, Split a large near mountain like structure apart with your bar hands, lift a city block, and go back to the Frieza fight, hit someone so hard you send them through several islands destroying them, while unearthing the ocean revealing the ground beneath it. Or cause quakes during your fights, from the shockwaves.  At the very least i'd say 6 if these can be proved to have been done by people with only 75 -100 ton strength alone. 

Fighting ability speaks for itself 
Energy Projection see Fighting ability  
Durability a 6 because this guy survives some powerful energy attacks some without even flinching. In GT he survived re entry into the atmostsphere from orbit, causing a massive crater only to jump up and start fighting again! His Fireza fight proved his durability is pretty high considering being blasted through mountains without harm at times. 

Speed I'll give him a generous 6 because we honestly don't know how fast Instant Transmission is. The dub said lightspeed, but it's actually instant. If we look at Movies, Goku and Cooler and some other episodes show that they tend to leave the plane they are on and inter some other relm as shown. Even Android 18 said he can sense the vibrations upon Goku's re entry, which is why he can trace him. Coming from an Android this makes me think that IT causes you to leave the plane you are on and enter some kind of DBZ version of the speed force or something. I guess this is why things don't get destroyed from them moving so fast, also when he's Using IT everything else arounds him seems to slow down, and look motion less! 

Intelligence Book wise Goku is a dunce, make that Battle intel, and he's a 5 (Super Genius). 

I think this would put him on the Low Cosmic scale with beings like Thor under his own power with no Odin Force, but above Omega level Mutants. He should honestly be able to give a good battle to people like Sentry, and Hyperion, but Beings like the Surfer and above would take him seriously and put him.  

Depending on the writer in marvel Goku would honestly rip apart people like Terrax, and give people like Beta Ray Bill a headache, if not put him down hard, but thats depending on the writer, and the level of anger Goku has. But he'd be an amazing alley on the side of good! 

Verdict Low Cosmic Level being!
#24 Posted by Warcry80 (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

I ment to say Super Android 17 not 18 LOL!!!!
#25 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Near the top really, he'd match up well with the Hulk and Thor!

#26 Posted by bornstar (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

Do the math...

goku = strenght - 7, intelligence - 2, energy projection - 6, fighting ability - 6, durability - 6, speed - 7

#27 Posted by Nefarious (21271 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe, around Superboy's rank.

#28 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Warcry80: Goku could be level 7 in strength as a Super Saiyan.
#29 Edited by Warcry80 (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Primemaster You think so? SS1?

#30 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Strength : 6 -The Goku that struggled with 40 tons is level 7 in strength? Naaaaaaaah!

Intelligence: This is hard. He's quite a moron in life but a thinker in battles. Pass

Energy Projection: 6.5 -He's a planet buster level. But his energy is not unlimited.

Fighting ability: 7, 8 if possible. He's a master martial artist that defied every challenge in front of him. Add the fact that he's been training as far as he remember... With the world's best (and consequently the galaxy then the universe's best) all the time.

Durability: 6 -He's survived blasts from planet busters. Whether or not those blasts were planet busting is up for debate. But they are undoubtedly very powerful.

Speed: 6.5? He can travel faster than light with his instant transmission (which is actually not teleporting but just really really fast travel... as seen in his battle with Cooler) But his reaction speed may be slower so I'm not giving him the perfect 7.

#31 Posted by Suiken_Seiji (520 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry when he fought World War Hulk, is a perfect example of where Goku would be for me in terms of close physical combat in the Marvel Universe. His energy project would be his best quality, and be planet buster. I'm not willing to believe he's a solar system buster due to never being able to show it for several legitimate reasons. The only thing I've seen imply the idea Goku, is a solar system buster is based on the opponents he has faced, how strong they are, sometimes tanking on blasts said to be planet busting, and so forth. But every blast Goku tanks, rarely if ever, never tell you how strong each blasts he takes is and by how Dragon Ball goes on their ki attacks, they have different capabilities; some being more concussive, some being more temperature based, some more piercing, but rarely does it specify every attack as such.

But anyway... just my two cents. Other than that, Goku would be one of the most poweful Earth bound characters

#32 Posted by baron2011 (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

above or = with thor,but below silver surfer

#33 Posted by jhazzroucher (16149 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Strength : 6 -The Goku that struggled with 40 tons is level 7 in strength? Naaaaaaaah!

Intelligence: This is hard. He's quite a moron in life but a thinker in battles. Pass

Energy Projection: 6.5 -He's a planet buster level. But his energy is not unlimited.

Fighting ability: 7, 8 if possible. He's a master martial artist that defied every challenge in front of him. Add the fact that he's been training as far as he remember... With the world's best (and consequently the galaxy then the universe's best) all the time.

Durability: 6 -He's survived blasts from planet busters. Whether or not those blasts were planet busting is up for debate. But they are undoubtedly very powerful.

Speed: 6.5? He can travel faster than light with his instant transmission (which is actually not teleporting but just really really fast travel... as seen in his battle with Cooler) But his reaction speed may be slower so I'm not giving him the perfect 7.

Why do we have to go back to how strong he is. Goku is a planet buster. He can't just have that kind of strength. He was able to beat supervillains who could even destroy galaxies.

#34 Edited by hehey (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku is definitely way above mere planet buster status. It was said in DBZ that Cell had the capability to blow up the fucking solar system. Gohan outclassed him when he reached the Super Saiyan 2 state, and 7 years after that both Goku and Vegeta had reached that level when they achieved Super Saiyan 2 (Vegeta claims this, also Diabura was said to be around Cells level and both Goku and Vegeta could beat him). But Goku could go further and achieve Super Saiyan 3, basically, its was obvious that by the end of the Dragonball Manga that Goku could easily destroy Cell, and taht guy could bust Solar Systems.

#35 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

If it was up to his fanboyz probably above the LT but imo hes up there along side the likes of Morg & Terrax

#36 Posted by Warcry80 (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

Not one fanboy has been in here, so there was no need to mention that? Sorry but there was no place for that comment, but I will agree with you on where you would base him.

#37 Posted by jimmy11 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Saiyan 4 Goku:

Strength: 7

Fighting Ability: 7

Energy Projection: 6

Durability: 6

Speed: 6 (with instant transmission 7)

Intelligence: 2 (regular), 5 (in a fight)

Goku is extremely powerful character regardless of the universe he's in. Personally, I think he can beat every Herald of Galactus (1-on-1 of course).

#38 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

There is so much hate for DB on CV... It's not the only thing I've read but I always loved it as well.

#39 Posted by Whisper_ (3464 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

There is so much hate for DB on CV... It's not the only thing I've read but I always loved it as well.

It's what I've come to term "Storm Syndrome".

People don't necessarily hate the character (or franchise?, in this case), but the crazy fanboys have gotten so out of hand that any discussion involving this character automatically goes to hell.

#40 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@hehey said:

Goku is definitely way above mere planet buster status. It was said in DBZ that Cell had the capability to blow up the fucking solar system. Gohan outclassed him when he reached the Super Saiyan 2 state, and 7 years after that both Goku and Vegeta had reached that level when they achieved Super Saiyan 2 (Vegeta claims this, also Diabura was said to be around Cells level and both Goku and Vegeta could beat him). But Goku could go further and achieve Super Saiyan 3, basically, its was obvious that by the end of the Dragonball Manga that Goku could easily destroy Cell, and taht guy could bust Solar Systems.

All because they say something does not mean it is true unless you back it up with scans!

@_Whisper_: Kind of like this guy ^

#41 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Power house level.

#42 Posted by Telcalipoca (962 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

the kai's planets have a high watchmacall it that makes the gravity in there 10 times that of earth. this helps all the fighters train to become alot stronger. So the 40 tons were 400 tons . so goku without SS struggles with 400 tons but in SS1 form tosses them like nothing.

#43 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Warcry80: Yeah. Normal Goku struggled with 400 tons
#44 Posted by Warcry80 (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah very true! Goku would be a Cosmic level being in Marvel. I think his strength would be at a 7.

#45 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

SS level maybe?

#46 Posted by Warcry80 (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with you post but him beating every Herald.... I don't think so! I think he can be Air Walker, Nova,Terrax, and maybe Firelord, but Fallen one, Silver Surfer, and Morg, Nahh, they would crush him, after he puts up A decent fight though. I think they would resort to power draining or matter manipulation to beat him. The surfer can overpower him though.

#47 Edited by jhazzroucher (16149 posts) - - Show Bio

@Warcry80 said:

I agree with you post but him beating every Herald.... I don't think so! I think he can be Air Walker, Nova,Terrax, and maybe Firelord, but Fallen one, Silver Surfer, and Morg, Nahh, they would crush him, after he puts up A decent fight though. I think they would resort to power draining or matter manipulation to beat him. The surfer can overpower him though.

I may not agree with you though i know you know a lot about DBZ. But it's kinda unfair when you have to say he will be CRUSHED by those characters that you have mentioned. I'm not really one of those zealous fans ( overzealous Storm fan yeah! ) but I believe, based on what I've read, especially the powerful villains that he has beaten, it's gonna be a VERY, VERY tough fight.

#48 Posted by jhazzroucher (16149 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Whisper_ said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

People don't necessarily hate the character (or franchise?, in this case), but the crazy fanboys have gotten so out of hand that any discussion involving this character automatically goes to hell.

I just wanna add. There are also People believing that Toon characters like Bugs Bunny, etc cannot die and will definitely win is unbelievable.

#49 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@_Whisper_ said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

I just wanna add. There are also People believing that Toon characters like Bugs Bunny, etc cannot die and will definitely win is unbelievable.

I've never really heard that but it sounds dumb

#50 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2016 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:

non-cannon, i think in the mange it is instant,
as for strength his power level , thus speed, reaction time,strength,energy projections,durability increase, increased at a geometric rate , not to mention he has telekinetic powers
the freiza fight they were destroying everything by merely passing through them, collapsing mountains causing the whole planet to shake, freiza who was weaker than SSJ goku survived a plant busting attack iirc
i'd say frieza saga goku>=thor
cell and buu they became so freaking overpowered i dont wanna discuss it probably for flame war prevention

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.