what if goku had the IG???!!!

#1 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

goku wakes up in 616, and has the IG in his hands, and can use it.
#2 Posted by jloneblackheart (5499 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the guy, but Goku is far too stupid to properly wield the Infinity Gauntlet

#3 Edited by Nefarious (18861 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku wouldn't know how to use it.

#4 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart:
doesn't matter, the IG is supposed to give the weilder complete mastery over the gems. 
anyway you posted and I expect a theory, what do you think is gonna happen?
#5 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious:
the gems alone deffenetly not, but the gauntlete is suppose to grant the weilder complete mastery over the gems.
#6 Posted by Nefarious (18861 posts) - - Show Bio
@rapest_of_super_heros: True and I'm sure he will destroy his enemies with it.
#7 Edited by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

He loves hand to hand fighting.

He'd probably throw it in the garbage or give it to Yenma or something.

#8 Posted by jloneblackheart (5499 posts) - - Show Bio
@rapest_of_super_heros: That's not how the Infinity Gauntlet works. You can't just put it on and be all powerful. You have to have the knowledge to understand how to use each and every gem, how they can work in unison and how to control the immense powers contained in each of them. Without this knowledge, you would destroy yourself or possibly the entire universe. 

Goku has none of this knowledge. A good example is how easily the Gauntlet was taken from Nebula, who did not have the knowledge to use the Gauntlet properly.  

If you want to get really technical, after the Infinity War the gems were made to never work in unison again by the Living Tribunal, so it doesn't matter if he did have the Gauntlet and all the gems. 
#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos would beat his a$$ and take it from him

#10 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart:
no, you are technically saying that the IG is useless, each gem alone needs what you listed, but if you have the IG it doesn't matter, it's not threre just to carry the gems, lol. seriously just look at the CV wiki page.
#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@rapest_of_super_heros said:
" @jloneblackheart: no, you are technically saying that the IG is useless, each gem alone needs what you listed, but if you have the IG it doesn't matter, it's not threre just to carry the gems, lol. seriously just look at the CV wiki page. "
I think you need to take another look at the Infinity Gauntlet page, as jloneblackheart is one of the top editors on that page.  He's our resident 'cosmic' expert.  If he says that Goku couldn't use it & then gives you logical reasons why, then he's right.  
#12 Posted by jloneblackheart (5499 posts) - - Show Bio
@rapest_of_super_heros: I've read it. In fact, I wrote some of it. The IG is useless as deemed by the second most powerful being in the Marvel universe at least 616's IG) (scan in thread link below)

So you say that each gem alone needs what I listed, Goku still has none of that.  

In itself, the reality gem is actually too dangerous to use by itself and requires the other gems to use it. Only a being well beyond Goku's mental capacities could even attempt to use the reality gem.  

I even made a thread to point out that in the current Avengers book, the IG is being gathered, yet even if it is, it shouldn't work.  

So, yeah. Lol at that.
#13 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
"

@rapest_of_super_heros: I've read it. In fact, I wrote some of it. The IG is useless as deemed by the second most powerful being in the Marvel universe at least 616's IG) (scan in thread link below)

So you say that each gem alone needs what I listed, Goku still has none of that.  

In itself, the reality gem is actually too dangerous to use by itself and requires the other gems to use it. Only a being well beyond Goku's mental capacities could even attempt to use the reality gem.  

I even made a thread to point out that in the current Avengers book, the IG is being gathered, yet even if it is, it shouldn't work.   So, yeah. Lol at that.

"

oh, ok then
#14 Posted by SC (12727 posts) - - Show Bio
@rapest_of_super_heros:  jloneblackheart is like the Living Tribunal of knowledge on Cosmic stuff boss.  If stuff on the page contradicts him, then the page is wrong  lol

Cool thread though, I think Goku would create a feast and then eat it. Oh wait, no thats what I would do if I was Goku and I had the IG... oh, maybe he might eat the Infinity Gems, I hear that they taste super nice! 
#15 Posted by jloneblackheart (5499 posts) - - Show Bio
@rapest_of_super_heros: The part about it no longer working in unison is there. Still waiting to see the point of them bringing it back together in the Avengers.  

Some of what I said about the reality gem is on the Infinity Gems page. It could stand to be more descriptive. 

As for the actually Gauntlet, I do think it is powerless. I've heard it was made by Death for Thanos, but I don't remember reading that anywhere. It has to be in the Thanos Quest, which I'll have to check.  

I'll do some work on it later. This isn't the first time I've gotten into a discussion like this. I'll make everything more concise. :)
#16 Posted by jloneblackheart (5499 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way, I'm not a hater. I totally love Goku and Dragonball Z. But seriously, he couldn't use it.  

Now if he were trained, I bet he could easily utilize almost any individual gem, Power and Space would make him insanely awesome. 

#17 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC:
no dude, you are 100% right, and is there the first to say the true answer. 

what all main anime heros have in common is that they never fell-up in the belly.
#18 Posted by SC (12727 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" By the way, I'm not a hater. I totally love Goku and Dragonball Z. But seriously, he couldn't use it.   Now if he were trained, I bet he could easily utilize almost any individual gem, Power and Space would make him insanely awesome.  "

Vegeta deserves the Power Gem more!! Goku is more of a Time Gem guy! *grin* Or Krillin should get one! Let him get competitive.... uh oh, I am starting to imagine a new Guardians of the Galaxy... 
#19 Posted by SC (12727 posts) - - Show Bio
@rapest_of_super_heros said:
" @SC: no dude, you are 100% right, and is there the first to say the true answer.  what all main anime heros have in common is that they never fell-up in the belly. "

I wish I as a anime hero for that exact same reason... lol 

Buffet style food is awesome... 
#20 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

changed the OP
#21 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
if Goku knew how to use the Infinity Gauntlet... that could be an interesting thing to see
#22 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: 

yeah i agree
#23 Posted by SilverGalford (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

goku wouldn't be enough smart to use it.

#24 Posted by SilverGalford (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart said:

I love the guy, but Goku is far too stupid to properly wield the Infinity Gauntlet

LOL!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.