This site seems to underestimate the power of DBZ chars

• 180 results
#1 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone agree....disagree...feel strongly enough to comment??

#2 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao......NO.

#3 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

they certainly got his super-eating right, the man sure can eat. :P, but other things hulk definitely has a chance to beat him in physical strength if he gets mad enough, but Superman? I actually LIKE superman, but no I dont think he has a chance in hell against Goku in a fight. If doomsday managed to stop superman's heart for a few days, a super Saiyajin would certainly have no problems.

#4 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

aaaaaand No. Wrong again. Super-Eating, no, he's not the best. Hulk can beat him, and so can Superman. And SS. Basically the whole MArvel Universe, probably most of the DC universe.

#5 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's that we're underestimating their powers, everyone is just really sick of them. Also, their power ratings, as far as I can tell, don't mean anything in real terms.

#6 Posted by Flying Fox (98 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought I escaped DBZ fanatics when I started leaning more toward comics than anime. le sigh

#7 Posted by MasterChief3 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

people on dis site underestimate DBZ?? sounds nutty

#8 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

being sick of a character is no reason to have them lose, but I guess those rankings are more reflective of popularity than real strength, because I doubt superman would be #2 if powers were the only thing being judged, he'd probably be a bit hehind, still near the top, but not that high.
Post Edited:2007-08-28 01:19:27

#9 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

no dbz is overated... why does it take 12 episodes to beat 1 opponent...? paint dries faster

#10 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

And, also, why is it that 3 seconds into every fight, they are always flying about at unnatural speeds and tearing up the ground beneath them with their "power"? DBZ is overrated an overpowered.

#11 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to agree with you Rotten... they really messed up when they chose to stretch out episodes instead of using imaginative filler. However, since when does one judge a character that originated in comic books by their apperances in animated forms? the marvel cartoons weren't always perfect in their portrayals of their characters and there were some episodes that dragged a bit. The DB and DBZ manga weren't nearly as dragged out as the anime. They're a much better source for judging.

I understand that many people are fed up with DBZ, thats understandable. I'm totally fed up with american dubbing companies and pretty much refuse to watch Americanized (in other words castrated and tortured) anime. But again this is off topic.

So from the comments I take it that the reasons for the really low ranking on some characters (not just dbz, theres some american comic characters that seem a bit under-ranked) are spite and irritation rather than innacurate perceptions.

(Side comment: why is it when someone supports DBZ as a fan they are always assumed to be total dbz nuts or fanatics (referencing flying fox here). I am a manga and anime fan, not a total fanatic for just DBZ, so don't get me wrong here. I just don't think that dislike of a character justifies a low ranking.)

Cryo-Wolf says:

"aaaaaand No. Wrong again. Super-Eating, no, he's not the best. Hulk can beat him, and so can Superman. And SS. Basically the whole MArvel Universe, probably most of the DC universe."

Flash could probably beat him in super eating speedwise and "quanitity over extended time" wise, superman would probably beat him in speed eating. (never seen goku eat at the same speed that he fights, he'd probably choke or something) However for "amount eaten in a single sitting by a single person in relation to their own body mass", I dont think I've seen any characters from any other medium eat as much as the Saiyajins.

and for god's sake stop complaining about the unreality of their powers. Its not like any of this was supposed to be real. All superheroes and super-powered characters have powers that make no sense in reality. If cyclops can apply force with a beam the way he does without anyone complaining about it knocking stuff to pieces without jerking his head back in an equal and opposite reaction (physics), then a dbz character's aura causing damage shouldn't be a stretch.

And yes, the DBZ characeters ARE overpowered in relation to normal comics, thats exactly my point. It might not really be fair, but thats exactly what I was saying. The same kind of complaints that superman gets about being too strong and such can be applied to DBZ characters many times over. There ARE characters from american comics that could fight DBZ characters and survive, maybe even win. But its not a fair comparison due to the extensive differences in the universe of DBZ and the universes of marvel and DC. I'm not here to be the usual dbz nut and say "goku beats everyone.... so there" I'm stating the observation that I had.

Cheers to constructive posters.

P.S. I dont want flames, they contribute nothing to the discussion and deter people from developing any interest in discussing the topic.

Post Edited:2007-08-28 01:46:37

#12 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're so butt hurt about DBZ characters not being in the power rankings... then vote them up...

#13 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

DBZ is over powered, the reason they always lose is because they're put against unbelievable odds. I mean c'mon, Goku actually fighting Surfer? That's overkill! Surfer would poo all over Goku and wipe his silver cheeks with Goku's face.

#14 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"DBZ is over powered, the reason they always lose is because they're put against unbelievable odds. I mean c'mon, Goku actually fighting Surfer? That's overkill! Surfer would poo all over Goku and wipe his silver cheeks with Goku's face."

Thats a bit crude of a statement...

Since I was never much of a silver surfer fan I dont really know the extent of his abilities, I'll have to reference some of my friends to figure that one out. One thing surfer has going for him is he can survive in deep intergalactic space, I know Goku can't do that. The farthest I've seen a Saiyajin travel without a spaceship was in the Burdock tv special when Burdock flies toward Frieza to attack, and that was still relatively close to the planet. [edit: as an afterthought, that would give Superman a bit of an edge as well]
Post Edited:2007-08-28 02:12:37

#15 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Kotoro says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"DBZ is over powered, the reason they always lose is because they're put against unbelievable odds. I mean c'mon, Goku actually fighting Surfer? That's overkill! Surfer would poo all over Goku and wipe his silver cheeks with Goku's face."
Thats a bit crude of a statement... Since I was never much of a silver surfer fan I dont really know the extent of his abilities, I'll have to reference some of my friends to figure that one out. One thing surfer has going for him is he can survive in space, I know Goku can't do that. [edit: as an afterthought, that would give Superman a bit of an edge as well]
Post Edited:2007-08-28 02:09:38"

Not only that but Surfer can phase we had like a 30 page battle over this because fanboys wouldn't admit Goku looses. That's why Hulk and Gambit, and DBZ are hated here.

#16 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Coem on Goku beats SS in SJ1

#17 Posted by Grand Duchess (1362 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG! Dragon bell z is the worst show ever, someone should start a forum on Charmed.

#18 Posted by Grand Duchess (1362 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Grand Duchess Kitten says:

"OMG! Dragon bell z is the worst show ever, someone should start a forum on Charmed."

U always hate DBZ! How was it that bad?

#20 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHHAHAHAHAHA! Ok then. But please calm down it ain't that serious.

#21 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"Coem on Goku beats SS in SJ1"

Oh you've gotta be kidding me. You are Soundwave aren't you?

#22 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman losing to Goku? No sir.

#23 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio
" So from the comments I take it that the reasons for the really low ranking on some characters (not just dbz, theres some american comic characters that seem a bit under-ranked) are spite and irritation rather than innacurate perceptions.

That you are correct. Sometimes a character is just really popular and that's why most people vote for a certain character.

(Side comment: why is it when someone supports DBZ as a fan they are always assumed to be total dbz nuts or fanatics (referencing flying fox here). I am a manga and anime fan, not a total fanatic for just DBZ, so don't get me wrong here. I just don't think that dislike of a character justifies a low ranking.)

This is probably out of pure lack of knowledge of the DBZU. I don't know about DBZ much myself so that's why I never participated in such threads. Maybe this site has just had a stroke of bad luck and all the DBZ fanboys have come here. However, it is also disappointing for users to carry this on to other DBZ fans who are not fanboys. That is arrogance in themselves, so really, they are just contradicting themselves.

"And yes, the DBZ characeters ARE overpowered in relation to normal comics, thats exactly my point. It might not really be fair, but thats exactly what I was saying. The same kind of complaints that superman gets about being too strong and such can be applied to DBZ characters many times over. There ARE characters from american comics that could fight DBZ characters and survive, maybe even win. But its not a fair comparison due to the extensive differences in the universe of DBZ and the universes of marvel and DC. I'm not here to be the usual dbz nut and say "goku beats everyone.... so there" I'm stating the observation that I had."

This is again probably due to the lack of basic knowledge in understanding what the DBZ characters can do. The complaints you are referring to about Superman is just about a lack of understanding about Superman, that's all. This is why battle threads pitching comic book companies against each other aren't created so much because of what happens. It seems as if most people can't seem to enjoy what we're really here for: COMICS.

Eternal Chaos says:

"Kotoro says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
Thats a bit crude of a statement... Since I was never much of a silver surfer fan I dont really know the extent of his abilities, I'll have to reference some of my friends to figure that one out. One thing surfer has going for him is he can survive in space, I know Goku can't do that. [edit: as an afterthought, that would give Superman a bit of an edge as well]
Post Edited:2007-08-28 02:09:38"

Not only that but Surfer can phase we had like a 30 page battle over this because fanboys wouldn't admit Goku looses. That's why Hulk and Gambit, and DBZ are hated here."

That's only because some people let their feelings get the better of them. If people had learned to better control their emotions, maybe there wouldn't be so much of this hate that really is not needed. Example:

"#IT SUCKS END OF STORY!"
#24 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, i thought i was the only one here who hates DBZ.

#25 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"no dbz is overated... why does it take 12 episodes to beat 1 opponent...? paint dries faster"

Since this is a comic book site, how are the comics compared to the TV show? How are the DBZ manga indexed here?

#26 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

The manga are here as far as dragonball goes (i havent checked for the dbz manga, but goku's younger years are covered)

edit: DBZ is covered in its original sense, it was originally not truly separate from DB, what is named DBZ actually starts as volume 17 of DB.

The comics are better in that they dont have many of the faults that the show has. The artists attempted to avoid random filler episodes by stretching out fights over several episodes and fitting in filler scenes that were somewhat related to what was going on. Unfortunately many of these filler scenes were cut from the american version during dubbing, which lead to the effect that pissed off american fans. The fights go on for many episodes without much happening otherwise.

Some background for our non manga/anime fans about filler episodes:

When a manga is being converted into an animated show (anime) it is most often the case that the manga's story has not yet ended. Manga are unlike american comics in that they don't run endlessly for decades, most manga have a relatively short run. Manga are truly graphic novels in that sense whereas american comics don't really read the way novels do because the stories keep coming. Anime are unlike american superhero cartoons in that they are based very directly off the story in the comic. Sometimes the anime catches up to the graphic novel releases, and since the tv networks want episodes, the anime studio has to make something from nothing, often with less than desirable results. (Goku and Piccolo learning to drive was an example of this.) There was an entire SEASON of filler episodes in Naruto, though these weren't the worst filler episodes I've seen. One piece's animation studio has managed to work many filler scenes into the fabric of most of their episodes and as such haven't had a serious problem with filler compared to other shows.
Post Edited:2007-08-28 13:33:53

#27 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84451 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not there power that is underestimated, its the fact that it actually takes 20mins for them to access it. Anyone who's ever watched DBZ know exactly what I'm talking about.

They yell for over half the show and then its over. Then on the next episode there still yelling and gaining power then they fire and its either blocked or dodged for 9 more episodes. By that time ANYONE in the Marvel or DC Universe could have killed em.

#28 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

that again is a lack of understanding of the medium, they don't yell that long in the comics, thats just some animation studio's idea of dramatic effect.

Quoting myself theres also this : Kotoro says:

The comics are better in that they dont have many of the faults that the show has. The artists attempted to avoid random filler episodes by stretching out fights over several episodes and fitting in filler scenes that were somewhat related to what was going on. Unfortunately many of these filler scenes were cut from the american version during dubbing, which lead to the effect that pissed off american fans. The fights go on for many episodes without much happening otherwise.

I'm totally serious, its impossible to understand the weird places they cut scenes from unless you watch a japanese import DVD episode with subtitles. Many of the american episodes that looked like mostly screaming had other scene transitions and events cut from them for no apparent reason. Its probably somewhat related to the reason so many characters had their names changed.

Saiyajin names were supposed to be vegetable puns, but in the Burdock movie, all the saiyans were given lame names totally unrelated to the vegetable puns. An example of veggie pun names that were not altered: goku's family line has the names of root vegetables: Burdock is some kind of japanese root, raditz is a pun of radish, and kakarot is a pun on carrot. Gohan's name is a pun of a word that is used to represent "dinner" and is more a pun of goku's love of eating. I believe gohan also means "rice", but I'm not totally sure on that.

Lord Gambler: Point taken and somewhat agreed with though. They do have a tendency to hold back too much power for too long. Though whether the extra time really does the Marvel & DC enemy any good totally depends on which hero we're talking about. Some of them wouldn't have the power to cause any damage, while others could kill him at any power level because of intangibility or other such things.
Post Edited:2007-08-28 14:30:28

#29 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#30 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

o.k. im DBZ fan and if oyu look at my contriutions you could tell. but i know that the Z0Fighters would lose to the majority of people. but the could also beat alot. in my opinion buu is better at elasticity than mr fantastic or plastic man, other people disagree.

#31 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

ignoring goku and vegeta and their kids, then I totally agree, the human Z-fighters are much lower powered and stand a high chance of losing against American super-characters. (Kuririn is one that I think would do much better than people think, he only looks weak because he's fighting people who can beat the saiyajins, he's actually damn strong.)

Tienshinhan would probably lose to most characters.

Chiaotsu is a joke. Even detonating himself he couldn't take out Nappa, so I think he'd be dead fast.

Master Roshi is too old, if he was younger he'd probably be stronger than Kuririn by now.

Yamucha......yeah hes dead before he can think twice.

Yajirobe...don't make me laugh. I'll choke on my soda.

have i forgotten anyone?

#32 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

even goku and vegeta's kids wqouldn't make too much of a threat.

#33 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

"OMG! Dragon bell z is the worst show ever, someone should start a forum on Charmed."

but Charmed really IS the worst show ever...

#34 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Superkitty says:

"Rotten gun says:
"no dbz is overated... why does it take 12 episodes to beat 1 opponent...? paint dries faster"
Since this is a comic book site, how are the comics compared to the TV show? How are the DBZ manga indexed here? "

um? we discuss comics/video games/movies/cartoons/memorabilia/music. so what are you talking about?

#35 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the intent was to put the focus on the comics and stop people from bitching about artifacts created by the conversion into an anime.

Boken says:

"even goku and vegeta's kids wqouldn't make too much of a threat."

true, but certainly they're more dangerous than the humans. The heros might actually have to pay attention when they fight them. (Keep in mind that when these kids grow up, if they kept training, they'd have been scary.)
Post Edited:2007-08-28 15:18:38
Post Edited:2007-08-28 15:19:17

#36 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Kotoro says:

"I think the intent was to put the focus on the comics and stop people from bitching about artifacts created by the conversion into an anime."

but Bandai ruined the show :P all they cared about was dragging it out longer so they could have more episodes... thats what GT was made for. Toriyama had nothing to do with that series.

Anyway, I like the manga, and I always though that Goku was parallel to Superman powerwise, cos he's kind of a parody of him crossed with The Monkey King...

#37 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

come on this ain't the worst show ever. i agree charmed is alosa good show but DBZ is good

#38 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

he definitely is similar, the spaceship found by humans thing. But I dont think kryptonian powers are strong enough to blow up planets and devastate civilizations quite as quickly as saiyajin were capable of. (not that goku and vegeta ever did this after they got insane power as super saiyajins, but the ability was there.)

and look at buu for god's sake, blowing up planet after planet like that. is there anyone in the marvel universe who could take him down? (i mean this seriously, since he doesn't appear to be damaged at all by dismemeberment and heals faster than any mutant could. Someone with marvel knowledge, please try to answer this question.)

Far as DC universe, I think the fifth dimensional imps could kill buu, but thats sort of godmoding, besides them I can't think of anyone off the top of my head besides infinity man. (only saw him once in a crossover with superman).
Post Edited:2007-08-28 15:27:15

#39 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Kotoro says:

"he definitely is similar, the spaceship found by humans thing. But I dont think kryptonian powers are strong enough to blow up planets and devastate civilizations quite as quickly as saiyajin were capable of. (not that goku and vegeta ever did this after they got insane power as super saiyajins, but the ability was there.)"

Well...how would we know? Superman never tried :P

But I like how Goku was sent to Earth in a capsule, not because he was being protected but because he was meant to wipe out humanity :P

#40 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

Kotoro says:

"I think the intent was to put the focus on the comics and stop people from bitching about artifacts created by the conversion into an anime. Boken says:
"even goku and vegeta's kids wqouldn't make too much of a threat."
true, but certainly they're more dangerous than the humans. The heros might actually have to pay attention when they fight them. (Keep in mind that when these kids grow up, if they kept training, they'd have been scary.)
Post Edited:2007-08-28 15:18:38
Post Edited:2007-08-28 15:19:17"

have you ever seen G.T. they wern't all tht crazy. when trunks came back from the future. wasn't that stong either. cell killed him in the future when he had a lot of training before his perfect form. cell killed him a second time in the cell games. if he did that then. they don't stand a chance. cell is weak compared to baby and omega shenron.

#41 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Barguest says:

"Kotoro says:
"he definitely is similar, the spaceship found by humans thing. But I dont think kryptonian powers are strong enough to blow up planets and devastate civilizations quite as quickly as saiyajin were capable of. (not that goku and vegeta ever did this after they got insane power as super saiyajins, but the ability was there.)"

But I like how Goku was sent to Earth in a capsule, not because he was being protected but because he was meant to wipe out humanity :P"

ya he's lucky he lost his memory. If he'd actually tried to complete his mission, Kami would have killed his ass SO fast.

#42 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen GT, and GT is worse than an OVA. They completely raped the DBZ characeters in GT and reduced it to a pile of steaming goo.

#43 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

ok nuber one KAmi would get his ass lade out. if you remember in the vegeta saga or sayin saga which ever you perfer to call it. gohanfins goku's space ship and becomes that damn monkey. piccolo had a hard time dealing with that. piccolo isyounger then goku. kami is like 300 years old when goku lands on earth. explain how he could prevent goku frome destroying the planet if said memory wasn't lost. also he's a baby how do you remember that your suppose to conquer a planet when your a baby.

#44 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Kotoro says:

"Barguest says:
"Kotoro says:

But I like how Goku was sent to Earth in a capsule, not because he was being protected but because he was meant to wipe out humanity :P"

ya he's lucky he lost his memory. If he'd actually tried to complete his mission, Kami would have killed his ass SO fast."

I'm pretty sure Strange could take Buu. He basically thinks and a shield is around himself, which gives him enough time to send Buu into another dimension, or something.

#45 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"ok nuber one KAmi would get his ass lade out. if you remember in the vegeta saga or sayin saga which ever you perfer to call it. gohanfins goku's space ship and becomes that damn monkey. piccolo had a hard time dealing with that. piccolo isyounger then goku. kami is like 300 years old when goku lands on earth. explain how he could prevent goku frome destroying the planet if said memory wasn't lost. also he's a baby how do you remember that your suppose to conquer a planet when your a baby."

Goku was evil, he had some kinda compulsion to destroy, thats why they sent baby saiyans into space.

#46 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

People here don't know how powerful these guys are so yeah agree!

#47 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"ok nuber one KAmi would get his ass lade out. if you remember in the vegeta saga or sayin saga which ever you perfer to call it. gohanfins goku's space ship and becomes that damn monkey. piccolo had a hard time dealing with that. piccolo isyounger then goku. kami is like 300 years old when goku lands on earth. explain how he could prevent goku frome destroying the planet if said memory wasn't lost. also he's a baby how do you remember that your suppose to conquer a planet when your a baby."

the transformation into great ape only multiplies your power by 10, and goku's power level at that point was somewhere below 10, (he was born with a PL of 1 or 2 i think ,but I can't remember exactly). Kami, being a warrior class namek (even though he's old) would have had a power level of at least a few hundred, and I think it was probably at least 1000, so he could have laid into great ape infant goku like nothing else if he needed to.

#48 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"Superkitty says:
"Rotten gun says:
Since this is a comic book site, how are the comics compared to the TV show? How are the DBZ manga indexed here? "

um? we discuss comics/video games/movies/cartoons/memorabilia/music. so what are you talking about?"

Oops sorry, didn't mean for it to come out like that. I just wanted to know the comparison between the two (and to interrupt the flow of "I hate the cartoon so much! It sucks!) So disregard "Since...site."

#49 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Check it, I'm a DBZ fan from back when I was in the seven through eleventh grade, that started almost 11 years ago. I like Akira Toriyama's story and can say that from what I have read in the Manga and seen in the Anime, I'm even gonna include GT here, that Goku would lose mainly because his powers aren't that great. Superman and the Hulk basically have limitless strength, unfair I know, but the DBZ guys have to actually go and do training or fighting to power up. If they fight the Hulk or Supes and get killed the first time they fight, then get wished back, then they lose again, get wished back, or as I have come to call it the endless DBZ Cycle, the sure maybe they cat the Hulk or Supes sleeping and kill them while they are vulnerable.

The DBZ character also lack the ability to alter reality unless they use the Dragon, so if a Marvel or DC reality bender, like Spectre, decides that he wants them all to become parapalegics, then guess what. They can't go and get the Dragon Balls because they can't operate the radar or lift them.

I know at the end of GT Goku, and indirectly I guess Gogetta and Vegetto, seem pretty damn indestructible, but they can still be rated for power. Plus none of them seem to have the ability to heal while bathing in a volcano (remember Gohan wouldn't touch lava but was sure that it would kill Broly) or even fly through a sun like their counter parts do, I think it is safe to say that the Dc and Marvel heavy hitters have little to fear.

Just so I don't have an argument started about the Spirit Bomb, there are guidelines for that. The whole pure heart thing, I don't see Superman really rating less pure than Goku, maybe at the same level though. The Hulk heals too fast to have to worry about something that draws life from everything around it. I also don't see Goku using it until people start dying. Second, you can't hit what you can't see. Supes can move at the speed of light, Goku can move quickly too, but only so fast that he is hard to see. The instant Teleportation also requires him to see, or even think about where he wants to go. In the time it would take him to decide where he wanted to be and then concentrate on it, Goku would have his heart ripped out by Supes. There are also characters from Marvel that are like Supes and bring the same power lists to the table. I believe that Sentry has roughly the same strength.

On top of that the Marvel U boast a whole mess of highly powerful Telepaths. With people like Rachael Summers and Emma Frost owning the ability to turn anyone they want into drooling vegitables the first time they sense their approach, and you can't seriously tell me that they haven't developed a way to sense when certain thoughs are formed around them. So, Goku even manages to teleport in, in the time it takes his brain to tell him to attack, they have blasted him with heir minds and then used their telepathy to make him think he is a ten year old little school girl.

#50 Posted by Kotoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

(I will not consider GT because its a disgrace to Dragonball.)

as far as superman, I think you have his power rated a little too high. (reference the Doomsday fight here, I don't feel like typing any explanations about it.) His power is NOT limitless, although the writers often go to great lengths with him. He can move fast, but again I think you're underestimating the characters in DBZ. The American version of the anime and manga have changed and mistranslated dialogue, so they're not a reliable source at all. The Japanese manga and the japanese anime should be referenced when determining levels of strength. Unless supes has gotten his power multiplied significantly since the fight with doomsday, he probably couldn't keep up with Goku in terms of damage-causing-potential at the end of DBZ, and as evidenced by the doomsday fight, he does not remain invulnerable forever. His indestructibility will run out if his energy reserves become depleted, and despite his bioelctric aura or whatever it was that star labs was talking about (they were examining his powers or something) he would probably feel the attacks from SuperSaiyajins. I'm not saying it would be an easy fight for the Saiyajins, but I think they'd eventually wear him out. He doesnt fight at his max power very often, and I dont think he'd be able to hold out at his max output for long.

but beyond that I have no arguments against what you said. Reality benders would kill dbz characters. Telepaths with the power to destroy minds would kill them, assuming they were being alert and didn't have their head bashed before they could react with their powers. Since hulk gets stronger when he gets angrier, he'd probably be able to smash a saiyajin to bits assuming they didn't kill him before he got angry enough to match their power. (though goku would probably be stupid enough to keep pissing him off more to get a good fight out of it)
Post Edited:2007-08-28 22:14:06

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.