Saying saiyen power not the best

Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

It is time to cause silence once again and cause some rethinking. Many of you are not going to like it but as usual it is time to face it.

All this talk of Goku being super saiyen in order to be the most powerful, I wonder if any of you consider that super saiyen form is the not most powerful form Goku can be. That there was an opportunity to transcend and making requirement to be saiyen no longer required. This form makes ss4 and fan made super saiyin completely worthless. It is a form that was unpopular since there were no shiny changes but that was the point.

The form is called Unlock Full Potential. In order to do this it requires The Ritual to bring full potential of any living being. It was in the Magin Buu arc. Remember old kai dance and holding his arms in that position in order to summon Gohan’s power. Gohan max power is not enough super saiyen but that was Gohan’s max. Goku max power will be far greater. Ancient Ritual done by a deity in order to summon maximum power.

The reason it’s not popular is that it has decorative tone in that power no changes in the hair or the eyes. This means no decorative no model toy to get. It means no glamorous artwork fan can make. No obvious show the form that people have grown custom and that is why they whine. I really want to rant but I try stay on topic. If the writer would have stayed the course and used it again on Goku, that would have been the conclusion. He would all powerful probably needed a better suit maintain his new power. Here is your marketing ploy. Goku get new wardrobe to maintain his new power

Edit you may most likely ask Gohan form is the strongest how come Goku is now stronger even not mention GT. It is simple it is Gohan. Just because Gohan has the most powerful form it does not mean it will not get weaker if he does not exercise. Remember from the Majin Buu arc Gohan super saiyan forms was weaker after the years due not keeping up his training. That means a routine training is need to maintain that strength.

Furthermore Gohan is known for his hesitation. He hesitates either from fear or over confidence. That he can easily give his opponents the time to think or use anything ready for situations like that. the examples include Cell self-destruct or Majin buu absorbing gotecks.

#1 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not entirely sure thats what Toriyama meant by giving Gohan "Full potential". I'm pretty that was limited to only him especially considering that Gohan has always had a expansive power since the beginning of the series as a young child. It's his own "gift" if you will perhaps aided by the fact that he's a hybrid. Goku is powerful enough, and he easily would've surpassed Gohan if he trained the SSJ3 form as extensively as he did the other Super Saiyan forms, but he was also improved massively by the end of DBZ when he fought Uub only in his base form.

Good post though.

#2 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah i probably heard this on a fan informed site but i thought the only reason the Full Potential thing work with Gohan was bc he was half human.I always wished Gohan would have surpassed Goku and become the most powerful or even tied his father (at least surpassing Vageta) but i guess there were to many people complaining about it bc it didnt take long to make vageta and Goku the most powerful again. They rarely would show the Piccan guy it seemed like bc they didnt want someone to be as strong as Goku and Vageta and be a hero

#3 Posted by nickzambuto (13418 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

Yeah i probably heard this on a fan informed site but i thought the only reason the Full Potential thing work with Gohan was bc he was half human.I always wished Gohan would have surpassed Goku and become the most powerful or even tied his father (at least surpassing Vageta) but i guess there were to many people complaining about it bc it didnt take long to make vageta and Goku the most powerful again. They rarely would show the Piccan guy it seemed like bc they didnt want someone to be as strong as Goku and Vageta and be a hero

Gohan did surpass both Goku and Vegeta in power, it's just, he was an idiot, and Buu snuck up and absorbed him. That could of easily happened to Goku as well.

#4 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Yeah but he was eventually surpassed by Goku and Vegeta again when they became SS3 and then 4

#5 Posted by toby5678910 (340 posts) - - Show Bio

lol for 5 episodes a non super sayian was stronger then a supersayian...

That's it...

#6 Posted by nickzambuto (13418 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

@nickzambuto: Yeah but he was eventually surpassed by Goku and Vegeta again when they became SS3 and then 4

GT was non-canon, as was SS4. In the original manga, Gohan surpassed Goku and Vegeta.

Even if we count GT, going by feats, Gohan is still stronger than SS4. Hell the Ginyu Force can probably beat SS4 Goku. That's how bad GT sucked. :P

#7 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Gohan wasnt stronger then SS3 and I thought the whole point of GT was basically bigger and badder villains to the point that they needed to merge Goku and Vegeta in their SS3 or SS4 forms to defeat the dark Shenron or osmething. Where does the original Manga end?

#8 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Gohan unlock full potential was stronger than Super Sayein 3 but he was not strong enough to fight super buu, a fused super sayain 3 Gotenks and Piccolo combine into one.

#9 Posted by nickzambuto (13418 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

@nickzambuto: Gohan wasnt stronger then SS3 and I thought the whole point of GT was basically bigger and badder villains to the point that they needed to merge Goku and Vegeta in their SS3 or SS4 forms to defeat the dark Shenron or osmething. Where does the original Manga end?

It ended at Z, in the manga, nothing of GT ever happened, and it showed. SOO many inconsistencies, not to mention going by actual feats, the characters were drastically weakened.

#10 Edited by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hazlenaut: got this from the Dragonball wiki site. I know its not an official thing but still

In the movie Wrath of the Dragon, Gohan is shown "powering up" into his ultimate state on several occasions during the battle against Hirudegarn, neglecting his multiple available Super Saiyan transformations. This movie is the last time Gohan used this transformation. In the same movie, Super Saiyan 3 Goku is shown to be more powerful than Ultimate Gohan; Gohan cannot hit Hirudegarn or block any of his attacks, while Super Saiyan 3 Goku almost single-handedly defeats the monster. This is partially due to Goku's superior fighting intellect, which led to his discovery of Hirudegarn's weakness (becoming angry whenever it is insulted).

@nickzambuto: what kind of feats are you talking about that showed them weaker compared to their previous counterparts?

#11 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Some things can be put in consideration. Gohan has the stronger form but due to his lack training he can get weaker. Remember when he turned Super Sayien 2 when he was adult his power was far weaker than he was at fighting cell. Chi fighters need keep with up their training to become stronger or to remain hold on to their strength. In other words he did not exercise enough.

Second it was plot constructed and this is not the first time remember Tree of Might.

#12 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

what about Tree of Might?

#13 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: All the z fighters were taking down by villains in one on one match but Goku was able to beat most of them with one strike when they jumped on him all at once. yes, it showed how tough goku is, but it also how weak the other fighter were.

#14 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hazlenaut: ah. Yeah i dontt think i have ever seen any of their movies

#15 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I just realize something probably should go more detail but super sayein 4 has one giant obvious weakness the tail. remember that pulling sayein tail makes them vulnerable. vegeta and nappa figure out that weakness but Goku did not. I will go more detail later

#16 Posted by theamazingbatman (1955 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf said:

Gohan does not deserve to be the strongest character in dbz.

#17 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingbatman:

I only said that Gohan has strongest form. Character’s strength varies on the subject strength. It can be Mental, physical which is we are measuring, motivational performance etc. As for deserve it is writer's and drawer's choice.

#18 Posted by Farkam (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf said:

You don't get to decide who deserves what, and who doesn't.

#19 Edited by theamazingbatman (1955 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@theamazingbatman said:

@degraaf said:

You don't get to decide who deserves what, and who doesn't.

I'm just giving my opinion.

#20 Posted by theamazingbatman (1955 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingbatman:

I only said that Gohan has strongest form. Character’s strength varies on the subject strength. It can be Mental, physical which is we are measuring, motivational performance etc. As for deserve it is writer's and drawer's choice.

Alright i got it

#21 Posted by Moondas (50 posts) - - Show Bio

super sayian god sucks they should have just stuck to the original idea it just looks like kaioken

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.