Kill goku suffocation

#1 Edited by Loic (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello everybody, i love dbz but i had a question. A lot

Of people says that superman can kill goku on space and let him suffocate to death. But, if someone is strong as goku, can he for example strangles goku to death with a wire, a rope, or something like that or smother goku to death with a pillow ? And how the person will see that goku is dead ? Cause if he can breath in space he can't die these way !! Thanks everybody ^^

#2 Edited by Bossmonster (2588 posts) - - Show Bio

@loic said:

Of people says that superman can kill goku on space and let him suffocate to death. But, if someone is strong as goku, can he for example santgles goku to death with a wire, a rope, or something like that or smother goku to death with a pillow ? And how the person will see that goku is dead ? Cause if he can breath in space he can't die these way !! Thanks everybody ^^

oh god. Where do I start??

Hello everybody. I love dbz, but Ihave a question. A lot <----not needed

Of<-- (not needed) people saying that superman can kill goku in space and let him suffocate to death. But, if someone is strong like goku, can he for example strangle goku to death with a wire, a rope, or something like that or smother goku to death with a pillow ? And how (will) the person will see that goku is dead ? Cause if he can breath in space, he can't die like this !! Thanks everybody ^^

And this is exactly why no one really respect most DBZ fans. Come on dude. Make the effort to at least look like you're not crazy.

#3 Posted by Loic (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not lazy it's just i'm not enlish ^^

#4 Posted by Bossmonster (2588 posts) - - Show Bio

@loic: Ok......

Well, in answer to the question you were training to ask, up until recently, Goku has never been able to breath in space.

Also, he has shown on multiple occasion he needs to breathe like when held underwater during the Namak Saga.

Thus he would die in space outside of his SSJG form or if choked with a rope or wire that he could not break.

#5 Edited by Marshall_Long (3110 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster: It's been proven that Saiyans can breathe in space Goku doesn't need his SSJG form just to breathe in space he was up there without it.

#6 Posted by Jgames (2158 posts) - - Show Bio

I say that Saiyan can breath in space for a long period of time, but they eventually need air. Because it have shown goku need air and then he in space like wtf

#7 Posted by DonaldDuck (153 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't talk in space because talking requires breathing.
But guess what?
All the sayians talk in space. Quack~!

#8 Edited by xlab3000 (3544 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku can't breathe in space there is no air in space. they need to hold their breath in space.

#9 Edited by Bossmonster (2588 posts) - - Show Bio

@marshall_long: Where has this been proven.

Goku can't breath underwater. Why would he in space. He has been shown choking before, just like Vegeta. There for he needs air. King Kai said that Goku couldn't breathe in space.

I don't know if it was filler or not, but Goku needed a space suit to repair his ship.

Where was it proven that he can breath in space outside of SSJG form? Given there is a number of things to reference that say he can not.

#10 Posted by Marshall_Long (3110 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster: This was the only image of BOG I could find doesn't look like he's in SSJG form.

But if you want more proof here's Bardock in space

Loading Video...

#11 Posted by AngryHulks (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

If someone has been strangled to death, I don't think it's the suffocation that killed them. I think it's cutting blood supply to the brain, in most case, they will only be knock out, but keep it long enough, and they'll be brain dead.

Someone like Hulk can also hold breath for extended period in space, yet several people can strangle him in arm lock until he is unconscious.

#12 Posted by Bossmonster (2588 posts) - - Show Bio

@marshall_long: What other people can do is not proof of what the next person can do, IE Bardock does not prove Goku can breathe in space.

I personally have not seen the movie. I don't know anything about SSJG form or what it's supposed to do, I have asked a number of people for links or uploads, but no one ever response to it.

So, I would need to see Goku in a canon moment fighting in space for a long enough time to change my opinion on this subject. That is my stance on the matter.

@angryhulks Don't you think you're splitting hairs. I am incline to agree with you in what you said. However, it's the over all on this subject that the person needs oxygen to live as the blood is what carries it to the different organs and such? So, couldn't it in that sense be seen as very very similar if not the same?

#13 Posted by Marshall_Long (3110 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster: Actually it does seeing as their both Saiyans and Bardock is Goku's father.

#14 Posted by i_like_swords (20682 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a battle.

#15 Edited by Dratini1331 (7145 posts) - - Show Bio

@marshall_long: @bossmonster: Goku, with SSG, can apparently survive in space. Before that, he could not, as was stated by Frieza multiple times. He was also almost drowned by frieza. Goku can just hold his breath for a decent period of time.

@loic said:

Of people says that superman can kill goku on space and let him suffocate to death. But, if someone is strong as goku, can he for example strangles goku to death with a wire, a rope, or something like that or smother goku to death with a pillow ? And how the person will see that goku is dead ? Cause if he can breath in space he can't die these way !! Thanks everybody ^^

??? What do you mean? Of course you know when someone is dead/unconscious when you're choking them. It's actually really obvious. A wire probably couldn't do it though, since the wire would just snap. Superman could theoretically use his bare hands, or any choke hold to do so. Furthermore, there's more than one way to die from being choked out. A blood choke, or strangle, would still be just as effective as ever, regardless of whether the character can breathe in space or not, but being in space would not induce a strangle.

Also, no one can breathe in space, that's not possible since space has no oxygen. Surviving, yes. Breathing, no. Surviving without having to breathe is something completely different from breathing in space.

#16 Posted by AngryHulks (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks

Don't you think you're splitting hairs. I am incline to agree with you in what you said. However, it's the over all on this subject that the person needs oxygen to live as the blood is what carries it to the different organs and such? So, couldn't it in that sense be seen as very very similar if not the same?

It's very similar, but not exactly the same.

Most people can hold their breath up to about 3 minutes, yet it's possible to knock them out in less than 2 minutes when you strangle them.

You suffocated not because you ran out of oxygen in your blood, but from the buildup of carbon dioxide in your blood. In case of strangling, you cut off the blood flow from and to the brain, which causes the causes the carbon dioxide to accumulate in your brain faster than normal. However, in drowning, you can last much longer because your blood still flow around your body, so the carbon dioxide buildup is more diluted in the same moment because you simply have more blood to dilute carbon dioxide into, but in strangling, you have only the blood in your head to dilute that carbon dioxide.

#17 Posted by Marshall_Long (3110 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: I personally never took Frieza's threats to serious.

#18 Edited by Dratini1331 (7145 posts) - - Show Bio

@marshall_long: Why not? just cause the guy can't tell time doesn't mean he doesn't know saiyan physiology =P It makes sense that Goku cannot breathe in space, but jsut hold his breathe for extending periods of time when he wants to. Nothing prior to SSG indicates otherwise, but we see him getting drowned and have several instances of people saying Goku can survive in space. It's not just frieza, but King Kai and his family and friends who believe he's dead after Namek explodes. It's a fairly reasonable thing to say he couldn't survive in space, until BoG came out and now everyone is saying other things.

#19 Posted by NeonGameWave (10854 posts) - - Show Bio

Saiyans can hold their breath in space its been shown with Badrock and the other lower-tier Saiyans, it has been confirmed recently in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods were Goku was able to hold his breath in space and do battle.

#20 Posted by frogdog (4000 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people in this thread can't tell the difference between a planet's atmosphere and space.

#21 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (625 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

Some people in this thread can't tell the difference between a planet's atmosphere and space.

There is no air in the exosphere.

#22 Edited by frogdog (4000 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

There is no air in the exosphere.

Expect none of the sayians where barely off the planet

#23 Posted by nick_hero22 (8201 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman could simply throw a rock at his head and kill him (bait)

#24 Edited by TheReptile (197 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: Filler.....Its a annoying thing.

P.S lets not start another Goku Vs Superman thread, it never ends well for either side.

#25 Edited by zr0c00l (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah im going with saiyans cant survive in space long. I think theyre durable enough to survive the cold and could hold their breath a good while but cannot survive in a vacuum. No saiyans are ever shown in space for extended periods of time. And if frieza can psych out goku into him forgetting he doesnt need to breathe lol then gokus retarded.

#26 Posted by SirMethos (1415 posts) - - Show Bio

@marshall_long: In the video with Bardock, they(the saiyans) are still in the earth's atmosphere.

If you go to 1:53, you can see the energy ball that Frieza launches at them, hitting the edge of the atmosphere, before it gets to them.

It is proof that Saiyans can survive with very little oxygen(which is already a generally accepted thing), but not that, as you claim, they can breathe in space.

#27 Posted by zr0c00l (858 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Bossmonster (2588 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: really? I did not know that.

Ok, point made.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.