Follow

Goku

Character » Goku appears in 1424 issues.

The main protagonist and hero of the Dragon Ball manga series and animated television series created by Akira Toriyama. He is one of the survivors of the extinct Saiyan race. Sent as a baby to planet Earth in order to destroy it. When he arrived he was a violent kid, due to his warrior nature. However, he suffered an accident which made him lose his memory. He became a kind and calm kid. Trained, he became a talented martial artist and world's greatest defender.

Kill goku suffocation

Loic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Loic

Hello everybody, i love dbz but i had a question. A lot

Of people says that superman can kill goku on space and let him suffocate to death. But, if someone is strong as goku, can he for example strangles goku to death with a wire, a rope, or something like that or smother goku to death with a pillow ? And how the person will see that goku is dead ? Cause if he can breath in space he can't die these way !! Thanks everybody ^^

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bossmonster

@loic said:

Of people says that superman can kill goku on space and let him suffocate to death. But, if someone is strong as goku, can he for example santgles goku to death with a wire, a rope, or something like that or smother goku to death with a pillow ? And how the person will see that goku is dead ? Cause if he can breath in space he can't die these way !! Thanks everybody ^^

oh god. Where do I start??

Hello everybody. I love dbz, but Ihave a question. A lot <----not needed

Of<-- (not needed) people saying that superman can kill goku in space and let him suffocate to death. But, if someone is strong like goku, can he for example strangle goku to death with a wire, a rope, or something like that or smother goku to death with a pillow ? And how (will) the person will see that goku is dead ? Cause if he can breath in space, he can't die like this !! Thanks everybody ^^

And this is exactly why no one really respect most DBZ fans. Come on dude. Make the effort to at least look like you're not crazy.

Loic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not lazy it's just i'm not enlish ^^

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loic: Ok......

Well, in answer to the question you were training to ask, up until recently, Goku has never been able to breath in space.

Also, he has shown on multiple occasion he needs to breathe like when held underwater during the Namak Saga.

Thus he would die in space outside of his SSJG form or if choked with a rope or wire that he could not break.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marshall_Long

@bossmonster: It's been proven that Saiyans can breathe in space Goku doesn't need his SSJG form just to breathe in space he was up there without it.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I say that Saiyan can breath in space for a long period of time, but they eventually need air. Because it have shown goku need air and then he in space like wtf

DonaldDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't talk in space because talking requires breathing.
    But guess what?
    All the sayians talk in space. Quack~!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
    deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku can't breathe in space there is no air in space. they need to hold their breath in space.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bossmonster

@marshall_long: Where has this been proven.

Goku can't breath underwater. Why would he in space. He has been shown choking before, just like Vegeta. There for he needs air. King Kai said that Goku couldn't breathe in space.

I don't know if it was filler or not, but Goku needed a space suit to repair his ship.

Where was it proven that he can breath in space outside of SSJG form? Given there is a number of things to reference that say he can not.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: This was the only image of BOG I could find doesn't look like he's in SSJG form.

No Caption Provided

But if you want more proof here's Bardock in space

Loading Video...

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If someone has been strangled to death, I don't think it's the suffocation that killed them. I think it's cutting blood supply to the brain, in most case, they will only be knock out, but keep it long enough, and they'll be brain dead.

Someone like Hulk can also hold breath for extended period in space, yet several people can strangle him in arm lock until he is unconscious.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marshall_long: What other people can do is not proof of what the next person can do, IE Bardock does not prove Goku can breathe in space.

I personally have not seen the movie. I don't know anything about SSJG form or what it's supposed to do, I have asked a number of people for links or uploads, but no one ever response to it.

So, I would need to see Goku in a canon moment fighting in space for a long enough time to change my opinion on this subject. That is my stance on the matter.

@angryhulks Don't you think you're splitting hairs. I am incline to agree with you in what you said. However, it's the over all on this subject that the person needs oxygen to live as the blood is what carries it to the different organs and such? So, couldn't it in that sense be seen as very very similar if not the same?

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: Actually it does seeing as their both Saiyans and Bardock is Goku's father.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
    deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not a battle.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dratini1331

@marshall_long: @bossmonster: Goku, with SSG, can apparently survive in space. Before that, he could not, as was stated by Frieza multiple times. He was also almost drowned by frieza. Goku can just hold his breath for a decent period of time.

@loic said:

Of people says that superman can kill goku on space and let him suffocate to death. But, if someone is strong as goku, can he for example strangles goku to death with a wire, a rope, or something like that or smother goku to death with a pillow ? And how the person will see that goku is dead ? Cause if he can breath in space he can't die these way !! Thanks everybody ^^

??? What do you mean? Of course you know when someone is dead/unconscious when you're choking them. It's actually really obvious. A wire probably couldn't do it though, since the wire would just snap. Superman could theoretically use his bare hands, or any choke hold to do so. Furthermore, there's more than one way to die from being choked out. A blood choke, or strangle, would still be just as effective as ever, regardless of whether the character can breathe in space or not, but being in space would not induce a strangle.

Also, no one can breathe in space, that's not possible since space has no oxygen. Surviving, yes. Breathing, no. Surviving without having to breathe is something completely different from breathing in space.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks

Don't you think you're splitting hairs. I am incline to agree with you in what you said. However, it's the over all on this subject that the person needs oxygen to live as the blood is what carries it to the different organs and such? So, couldn't it in that sense be seen as very very similar if not the same?

It's very similar, but not exactly the same.

Most people can hold their breath up to about 3 minutes, yet it's possible to knock them out in less than 2 minutes when you strangle them.

You suffocated not because you ran out of oxygen in your blood, but from the buildup of carbon dioxide in your blood. In case of strangling, you cut off the blood flow from and to the brain, which causes the causes the carbon dioxide to accumulate in your brain faster than normal. However, in drowning, you can last much longer because your blood still flow around your body, so the carbon dioxide buildup is more diluted in the same moment because you simply have more blood to dilute carbon dioxide into, but in strangling, you have only the blood in your head to dilute that carbon dioxide.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: I personally never took Frieza's threats to serious.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dratini1331

@marshall_long: Why not? just cause the guy can't tell time doesn't mean he doesn't know saiyan physiology =P It makes sense that Goku cannot breathe in space, but jsut hold his breathe for extending periods of time when he wants to. Nothing prior to SSG indicates otherwise, but we see him getting drowned and have several instances of people saying Goku can survive in space. It's not just frieza, but King Kai and his family and friends who believe he's dead after Namek explodes. It's a fairly reasonable thing to say he couldn't survive in space, until BoG came out and now everyone is saying other things.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saiyans can hold their breath in space its been shown with Badrock and the other lower-tier Saiyans, it has been confirmed recently in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods were Goku was able to hold his breath in space and do battle.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people in this thread can't tell the difference between a planet's atmosphere and space.

Avatar image for thesecondopinion
    TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

Some people in this thread can't tell the difference between a planet's atmosphere and space.

There is no air in the exosphere.

No Caption Provided

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frogdog

@frogdog said:

There is no air in the exosphere.

No Caption Provided

Expect none of the sayians where barely off the planet

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman could simply throw a rock at his head and kill him (bait)

TheReptile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheReptile

@nick_hero22: Filler.....Its a annoying thing.

P.S lets not start another Goku Vs Superman thread, it never ends well for either side.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zr0c00l

Yeah im going with saiyans cant survive in space long. I think theyre durable enough to survive the cold and could hold their breath a good while but cannot survive in a vacuum. No saiyans are ever shown in space for extended periods of time. And if frieza can psych out goku into him forgetting he doesnt need to breathe lol then gokus retarded.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marshall_long: In the video with Bardock, they(the saiyans) are still in the earth's atmosphere.

If you go to 1:53, you can see the energy ball that Frieza launches at them, hitting the edge of the atmosphere, before it gets to them.

It is proof that Saiyans can survive with very little oxygen(which is already a generally accepted thing), but not that, as you claim, they can breathe in space.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks: really? I did not know that.

Ok, point made.

M530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirmethos:

Planet Vegeta isn't Earth and he was right in front of him,before he got blasted.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

most people forget that Goku as a God can most likely be in space.when he lost his Super Saiyan God form he also lost that ability.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae6527167c26
    deactivated-5ae6527167c26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: nah your like Lord douche, I don't even know who you are and I don't like you

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@03s7 said:

@bossmonster: nah your like Lord douche, I don't even know who you are and I don't like you

That changes nothing about you father being one and at least I'm a Lord. Hell, even you know that. So, go me for winning.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: nah, it just means you like no one surpasses you in the level of douchebagery that you've obtained. Sorry

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@03s7 said:

@bossmonster: nah, it just means you like no one surpasses you in the level of douchebagery that you've obtained. Sorry

Nope Lord is a title. Please study more. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: naw dawg I do, your a hater and a troll and I don't like you. Stop being like that or you'll be put in place

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@03s7: "Naw dawg"
    You don't. Otherwise you wouldn't have freely acknowledged me as a Lord.
    Your comments are comedic and weak, but I enjoy the laugh so, lets keep going. I'm sure you'll say something else stupid that I'll pick apart.

InsaneWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By InsaneWorld

@loic said:

If someone drops Goku in space, he can just fly back to Earth.

If you try to strangle Goku you'll get a ki blast to face.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: look here you carpet munching, racist, fascist, sexist, scum of this website. You will not disrespect the God of all martial arts.

InsaneWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@03s7 said:

@bossmonster: look here you carpet munching, racist, fascist, sexist, scum of this website. You will not disrespect the God of all martial arts.

What the fug.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InsaneWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theoretically, he dies without air. So this is a great weakness. But if he is dead, he does not need to breathe nor eat, right?

Even in BOG, and Super, it seems that they are in the stratosphere, so there is no evidence, other than that, Vegeta ssgss dies because it can not breathe the open space

the only way for him to be dead

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.