Follow

Goku

Character » Goku appears in 1424 issues.

The main protagonist and hero of the Dragon Ball manga series and animated television series created by Akira Toriyama. He is one of the survivors of the extinct Saiyan race. Sent as a baby to planet Earth in order to destroy it. When he arrived he was a violent kid, due to his warrior nature. However, he suffered an accident which made him lose his memory. He became a kind and calm kid. Trained, he became a talented martial artist and world's greatest defender.

I HATE GOKU!

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nameless one

ok does anybody else who watches DBZ and its affliates sit and think to themselves Fuckin Goku why couldn't something bad happen to you just once!

or couldn't you move your ass out of the spotlight for one minute and give Vegeta his props!

Every time I watch an episode I see all the other fighters crying cos Goku isn't there

I mean common learn to fight you idiots you don't need that glory hog all the time

Question why is it that in Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan all the other fighters had to give their energy to Goku

When Vegeta could have done the job just as well?

Gokus own kids don't even get as much attention as their father and they all suffer from the we need goku disease

arrrrgh

I just hate him

who's with me?

Deep Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Deep Blue

Well, everyone had his chance to save the day, you know?. But there's always something, like for example, letting the enemy get stronger (pretty much what Vegeta does), way too stronger or wouldn't finish off the enemy quicker (pretty much what Gohan does), I mean, then Goku's have to clean up their mess and takes all the glory all the time, but they looked for it!. Don't hate him because his the only one who gets all the credit, he's just in the right place at the right moment, like he's the main event of the fight.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By zero edge

Guess that's why Goku is the strongest person in DBZ lol

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Gottheit

A great story arc for Goku is having the amnesia wear off, having him remember his initial mission, and having the rest of the Earth's heroes having to stop Goku, now that he's gotten so, so powerful. That would be excellent. Gohan, Piccolo and the rest vs. Goku, and Goku ruins their shit. And then, Vegeta steps in, and their fight is just like their first ever encounter, except this time the roles and reversed. I would love to see this happen.

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nameless one

Gottheit says:

"A great story arc for Goku is having the amnesia wear off, having him remember his initial mission, and having the rest of the Earth's heroes having to stop Goku, now that he's gotten so, so powerful. That would be excellent. Gohan, Piccolo and the rest vs. Goku, and Goku ruins their shit. And then, Vegeta steps in, and their fight is just like their first ever encounter, except this time the roles and reversed. I would love to see this happen."

That would be awsome!

Can you imagen Goku one of the only Sayins to reach levle 4 beating the @#$% out of Gohan etc?

especially given the fact that all the others can only reach levle 3 at best

and lets be honest even after merging with Kami Piccolos power levle is still no where

near Gokus.

You know what I would like though?

I would love to see the Saiyan race brought back by the Dragon Balls

can't help it I love the Saiyans!

Deep Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deep Blue

Actually that's a pretty excellent idea for a saga!. And have all characters making new alliances, Goku's son, Gohan, and Goku's pupil, Majuub, makes a new fussion to create... Majhan?... Gojuub?... ok, the name sucks, but something will come up!. And then Vegeta reaches SSJ 4 and kicks Goku's butt... living him amnesiac again... I would buy something like that!.

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nameless one

Deep Blue says:

"Actually that's a pretty excellent idea for a saga!. And have all characters making new alliances, Goku's son, Gohan, and Goku's pupil, Majuub, makes a new fussion to create... Majhan?... Gojuub?... ok, the name sucks, but something will come up!. And then Vegeta reaches SSJ 4 and kicks Goku's butt... living him amnesiac again... I would buy something like that!."

Deffinetly...maybe there is a way we could present that idea to DB GT's creators

sort of like a movie or something we could modle it after the "What If? comics

Deep Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Deep Blue

Well, to be honest (geez, I feel a little ashamed) I have written DB related stuff, but that's just for personal propouses but some of my friends actually liked it when they read it (I would share it with you guys, but I would have to translate the whole thing and.. is not that short, you know... and I got so little time!). Anyway, I just got the conclussion that ANYTHING related with DB will be a success, no matter what that would be... so, let's get billionare, dear colleague!!.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Final Arrow

Please dont forget Trunks not only does he have to fight Goku for some lime light then his dad moves on to the sence and takes it that poor guy never gets a break and after beating Frezza the story goes straight to GOKU I mean can some just Kill him for good please it's not much to ask maybe get tien or one of the lesser chacter to just lose it and team up and destroy him

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sync

ok one question are you a seroius dbz fan or not.... from start to end(including lame gt)

you must really ask yourself if he they strongest

GOKU has got his butt handed to him from the get go many times

Vegeta has served it up and and got served

i could go on and on.. all the dbz memebers at one time of the other where the strongest

expect maybe trucks..

i mean do you really even follow dbz?

gohan is really the strongest(look it up it stated by the creator) and he even has his on movie( hell gohan has always play a big part) (world strongest he hits radtiz crazy)vegtra he fight vegta as a child)(beat freiza in low form)(beats Cells) beats(low buu) so the statement about his kids being outshadow is in correct on your part

goku is a main charcther of all charchter especally in dbz( go many gauge their power of his) as he get better so the measure stick goes up)

i dont like goku much either but you guys are like SUPER HATERS,

maybe you dont understand the strong points of all the dbz fighters(in gt even krillin buts a move on goku, that nots him down)

that idea dumb, vegeta would never fight a goku who does not remember who he is, to vegeta fight the strong who are aware of who there are, a goku who cant remember is not GOKU, and weak.. but it just goes to show you dont know much about vegeta(he has his pride and honor) unlike some i see

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Final Arrow

I agree to some extent and I have been a fan since the Manga to Gt but It is all based on the Monkey god(see journey to the west) and monkey was not the strongest and I get that he is the main character But and this is the thing that gets me not once did they do a story on Tien or some of the lower chacters it was all vegta, Gohan and Goku everyone else fell to the side which was the bummer if you see what I mean it does not always have to be about the hero you Know

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nameless one

Honestly most of the other DBZ and GT charecters don't interest me much

No offense but they never really got any stronger than they had been at the start of DBZ

and to some extent I agree with sync Vegeta does have pride and honor although the Saiyan race has been destroyed he still bears his title and is proud of it plus everything he got he earned and though he may internally realize that he will never surpass Goku he still gives a damn good fight when it is needed

Gohan does indeed deserve some credit after all his training was brutal and he survived

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sync

YOU really have to just look at vegeta to understand him

he has suprass goku at many times and in many ways...even goku knows, states it

the fact that he can go toe to toe with goku is amazing desipte all th hype/buff goku gets

he is a better fighter in way than goku..

to understand this one has to look at the ablilites

goku had friends, vegeta not

vegeta was a killer, goku not

goku has natrual ablilty to just get better, vegeta does it the ol school way(WORK?NEVER GIVE UP)

If we look at gt(i do not think vegeta is stronger than gohan, due to gohan being a scrub in this version "SUXS") baby merges with who vegeta...and goku get beat and killed by who agian vegeta (even though is baby in his body)

vegeta should be considered goku equal in every way...screw the books(watch the whole series from db-dbx-gt, and you will se it)

if goku needs back up whos there Vegeta(they really do make the ulimate team)

the only person in dbz that is more dangerous is piccilo(which is stated in books and shown..he is the think fighter that is a brute)

well the problem with gt is that it by diffent people(hit how lame and stuff it can be at times)(gt was just a cash cow, you woul dnot beleieve how many true dbz despite it and do not condsider it cannon)

yeah in gt they are weak, but who do they really fight, none of the heros are seen much or play a part, and they are older more experince but GT sux lol even the final battles suxed, though intresting

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sync

last_Arrow says:

"I agree to some extent and I have been a fan since the Manga to Gt but It is all based on the Monkey god(see journey to the west) and monkey was not the strongest and I get that he is the main character But and this is the thing that gets me not once did they do a story on Tien or some of the lower chacters it was all vegta, Gohan and Goku everyone else fell to the side which was the bummer if you see what I mean it does not always have to be about the hero you Know"

i have misunderstood you? are you saying that the sun wong was not the strongest? what do you mean by strongest? you did read the story,(chinese) not tranlated where meanings are lost? only asking?

in it the monkey is a touble maker, but clever yet prideful, he can be trick, but nonoe question his fight ablilty.. in the story he beats highly rank figure of heavens, dragons, etc..i will not expouse alll the good stuff.

dbz after the sayian saga does do that, but in away it explains why(lam sayian thing lol)

dbz warriors at one time or other where the strongest and are each other macthes, the fact cell is made out of all them show how strong they are.

tein play a major role in the cell saga, holding him down at the cost of his life, though short it was adrimal and i respected it.

trunks was kick butt, and he play major part, he saved goku life, i will amdit he did not do much in cell saga, but he did what he came to do save goku, save the world from androds, and get stronger..if not for cell and the dbz crew he would be weak.

as i said picclco is always in form( when goku left who was left to trust earth and train YOUR young trunks and goten)( he tricks maji buu and takes the long way)( has a plan that traps him, and drives him mad?!!!) and than when buu asborbs him(he gets STRONGER AND deadlier)

you cant get mad at gohan, they have showed he has untamed/pontianl power since brith and the cell saga was his...

only one only who gets to much spot light i sthe one who has one spine ....you know ..but i spell it (KRILLIN) cant stand him, even though he has helped

Deep Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Deep Blue

I think that what's really annoying is that other cool characters never could get as far as Goku, even though they could perfectly be stronger than him. I'm really sure that if Toriyama-san would have centered the story a bit in Gohan or in other particular character (I always liked Tien and Piccolo, they could have been written as stronger characters) the story would have become richer and the story could have been even longer than what it was!.

I think that what we really liked was the concept in DBZ, not only Goku and see him save the day. I guess that we would like to see a story expanding the possibilities that all the rest of characters (a lot of characters!) never had!. I would love, for example, to see some story about Pikkon, Tapion or Olibu as main characters.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sync

dont feel bad, i love gohan, all we all see what gt did to himmm

booo hissss blame gt(cash cow)

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Darkchild

i love the show but i understand my fav character is Tien and u never see him and i loved him hes so damn cool

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Darkchild

trust me thier isnt gbonna be any new dbz Toryama is sick of it and didnt even want to do gt but he thought he should so he did just be happy i am

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SilverGalford

Goku is not the problem , the problem is akira toriyama.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

Ditto

AnimeRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AnimeRocks
    @SilverGalford:
    umm noob?
    Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By Hunter114

I'm fairly sure I don't like Goku on principal... no idea why though : /

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Primmaster64
    @SilverGalford said:
    " Goku is not the problem , the problem is akira toriyama. "
    Avatar image for theamazingbatman
    theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gottheit said:

A great story arc for Goku is having the amnesia wear off, having him remember his initial mission, and having the rest of the Earth's heroes having to stop Goku, now that he's gotten so, so powerful. That would be excellent. Gohan, Piccolo and the rest vs. Goku, and Goku ruins their shit. And then, Vegeta steps in, and their fight is just like their first ever encounter, except this time the roles and reversed. I would love to see this happen.

Awesome , just awesome that is a great idea .But on the other hand if goku turns back into kakarot than he would not remember his life as goku and would not be able to control his power and would probably destroy himself just like the original super saiyan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.