Goku weak to Magma?

#1 Edited by LoudCloud (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw a while ago a post listing Goku's weaknesses and it said:

- Avoids his unfair advantages in a fight, most of the time.

- Too forgiving.

- Limited Ki.

- Can't breathe in space.

- Vulnerable to magma.

But I don't seem to recall any magma from the episodes I watched and books I read. Can anyone post a scan or give any sort of info on this? I'm curious.

#2 Posted by The_Imperator (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

@loudcloud: IIRC, Goku got burned, not severely or even noticeably, by Magma in the Freiza Saga.

#3 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18816 posts) - - Show Bio

Weren't he and frieza taking dips in lava when he went ssj later?

#4 Posted by NeonPheonix (650 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes that's why most Japanese comics make no sense to me

#5 Edited by XImpossibruX (5180 posts) - - Show Bio

@loudcloud said:

- Too forgiving.

- Limited Ki.

- Vulnerable to magma.

But I don't seem to recall any magma from the episodes I watched and books I read. Can anyone post a scan or give any sort of info on this? I'm curious.

Avoid unfair advantages? He did that ONCE vs Frieza, he uses a Spirit Bomb from the Earth which is unfair vs Kid Buu, turned into a God to combat Bills even though that was unfair he was allowed help, used Piccolo to kill Raditz which was unfair, tries to get a Sensu Bean from Krillin vs Andoird 19 when he was losing which is unfair.

If the whole world is at stake, he won't hesitate to fight "unfair" which isn't really unfair, it's called fighting smart.

Too forgiving? How?

Superman, Batman, Spiderman ect can't bring themselves to kill a villain but Goku does, that makes THEM to forgiving. Also, it only worked as a weakness ONCE, and that was facing Raditz... he blasted chopped in half Frieza, killed Kid Buu, killed Yakon. It's not too forgiving, it's trying to convert bad people into good guys, EG Vegeta and Piccolo.

Limited Ki, i'll give you that.

Breathing in space, errr they were well above the Earth's atmosphere in Battle of Gods.

Vulnerable to Magma? Where did it show this?

#6 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11522 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

Yes that's why most Japanese comics make no sense to me

...why?

#7 Posted by houseshm (430 posts) - - Show Bio

goku in space, goku cant breath in space weakness needs to be taken off.

#8 Posted by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio

- Too forgiving.

- Limited Ki.

- Vulnerable to magma.

its GT but Goku fought Nuova Shenron who's skin was hotter then the surface of the sun.

#9 Posted by eternalnature (364 posts) - - Show Bio

i like how everybody forgot about goku's tail

#10 Posted by BlackWind (6792 posts) - - Show Bio

If Nuova's attacks were really anywbere near as hot as the sun, the surrounding area would have been vaporized. Also, I wouldn't so easily believe Goku's claims saying star level heat wouldn't bother him. I doubt he even knows how hot the sun is.

#11 Posted by LoudCloud (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux: - Worded it wrong. Basically he (most of the time) wants enemies to fight at their best.

- Sometimes, not always. Sometimes he trusts or is convinced too quick.

- Fine.

- He can go for a long time without it, but it was stated many times he can't forever. And when fighting Bill he went ssj God at some point (could have different physics to normal Goku).

- Dunno, that's why I asked.

#12 Posted by LoudCloud (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@houseshm: Like I said, he can go for a long time without it, but it was stated many times he can't forever. And when fighting Bill he went ssj God at some point (could have different physics to normal Goku).

#13 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

If Nuova's attacks were really anywbere near as hot as the sun, the surrounding area would have been vaporized. Also, I wouldn't so easily believe Goku's claims saying star level heat wouldn't bother him. I doubt he even knows how hot the sun is.

It depends on which layer of the Sun. 6000 degree Celsius is the temperature of the surface of the Sun (as hot as Earth's core). I doubt Goku can take the temperature as hot as inner layer of the Sun, which at core can be as hot as 15 million Kelvin.

However, Goku said "considerable damage," which implies that at this temperature, the heat should still be able to hurt him, but just not enough to give him a detrimental injury, probably more like sunburn or so.

#14 Posted by LoudCloud (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@thereptile: SSJ4 in not canon. Anyway, Akira Toriyama didn't properly work with the creators of GT, so many little details in GT don't match what the little details in DBZ.

#15 Edited by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

When he has his tail it seems to be a big weakness. The space thing I don't see as credible given the fact bardock and all the normal saiyans(non-supers) were in space when they were trying to retaliate and kill frieza. I'm not sure about the magma, broly wasn't phased by it but he also has those forcefields and unlimited ki as log as es in legendary

#16 Edited by Perethorn (3439 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Goku's kryptonite:

#17 Posted by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@loudcloud:

@thereptile: SSJ4 in not canon. Anyway, Akira Toriyama didn't properly work with the creators of GT, so many little details in GT don't match what the little details in DBZ.

thats true but Goku being weak to heat is ridiculous because when Roshi used his Thunder Shock surprise technique on Goku it didn't fry him.

#18 Posted by Web_Flotsam (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux: He didn't cut Freeza in half, Freeza cut himself in half because he's an idiot who's unaware of where his own attacks are in battle. And then he almost let him go again, but fortunately Freeza was still an idiot and attacked him. Otherwise, you're right.

#19 Posted by LoudCloud (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@thereptile: Electricity does produce heat but not to the same point as lava. Electricity does damage by muscle, nerve, and tissue destruction from a current (the mere force of the current), by a neurological effect (brain malfunctions) and, yes, heat but not to the same level as molten lava.

#20 Posted by LoudCloud (44 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Goku take a bath in lava?

#22 Posted by brainstorm01 (1450 posts) - - Show Bio

after become a ssj he was able to take magma bath

He can fight in space but not forever since he has IT

It cant be count as a weakness.

He has enoug ki to distroy earth and continue his fight as nothing happend

#23 Edited by GoldenOozaru22 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@loudcloud: a single lightning bolt can be more then 5 times hotter then the surface of the sun at around 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

lava is a liquid at temperatures from 700 to 1,200 °C (1,292 to 2,192 °F)

#24 Posted by LoudCloud (44 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@houseshm said:

goku in space, goku cant breath in space weakness needs to be taken off.

Agreed

#26 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Goku's kryptonite:

Th

This is accurate to a T!

#27 Edited by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

NO ONE CAN BREATHE IN SPACE!!! THERE IS NO AIR IN SPACE! YOU CAN'T BREATHE WHAT ISN'T THERE! Now to the topic, Saiyans can survive on their energy alone, Brolly destroying planets, Vegeta destroying a planet and chasing after SSJ Goku, Goku fighting Bills. Akira Toriyama made it happen, So it's canon. Goku is cool as fuck and you ain't taking that from him.

#28 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Instant transmission is IT for who asked, and I'm pretty sure bardock and te whole saiyan army were in space and bardock was speaking to frieza about his tyranny before he got tem all killed so they can survive in space but can't breathe, there's no oxygen even superman fanboys would have to agree with that(supes doesn't breathe in space) but back on topic lava I don't think is a weakness to saiyans either idk If it's canon or not but broly vs gohan in movie two went under magma and he came out fine though e does have those powerful forcefields..god broly is bad***. But I think comic fans take saiyans for chimps those who don't like manga. I'm more comic but grew up with dbz I think it's great. But...goku's tail when e has one, need I say more

#29 Posted by LoudCloud (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@back_stabbath95: Broly is NOT canon. Isn't and never will be! Why does nobody get a clue?

But thanks for clarifying IT.

#30 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

@loudcloud: True but es still badass no doubting that. I can't recall any other specific scenarios where goku or any saiyans are against magma but then again I'm no dbz fanatic so I'm sure I'm wrong

#32 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18423 posts) - - Show Bio

GOKU IS THE STRONGEST HE DEFEATS EVERYONE HERPDERP

#33 Posted by alcoholbob (1192 posts) - - Show Bio

The troll is strong with this one.

#34 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

This probably due to the fact that his allies were sure he was dead when he was seemingly swallowed by lava on Namek. I cant think of any time he came in contact lava in canon, so I dont know if this is an actual vulnerability, or just his friends underestimating him as usual.

As far as breathing in space, that scan doesnt really prove anything. He could still technically be in the atmosphere. He has also been shown capable of going without oxygen for long periods of time, such as when he is underwater. I think, since it has been explicitly stated as such, that Goku cannot survive indefinitely in space.

#35 Edited by theamazingbatman (1955 posts) - - Show Bio

@loudcloud said:

- Too forgiving.

- Limited Ki.

- Vulnerable to magma.

Well mostly avoids his unfair advantages but not always .

He does forgive people and allow his enemies to escape but when he knows that the enemy won't back down ( i.e. ginyu force) he is forced to pummel them. He also has killed people but it's for the greater good. ( Lex Luthor creates and evil plan and cause some major damage and then superman comes and struggles to defeat luthor and sometimes get gravely injured . After supes defeat luthor , luthor is sent to jail but after some time is freed and again creates a evil plan , kills many people and after getting his butt kicked again by super man goes to jail and again escapes and so on.) Why not kill Luthor??? He has killed thousands of citizens and supes know that he won't change jis evil ways and never kills him , this is BORING . Supes defeat the same foes again and again . He just kills doomsday .

Yes , goku has limited ki but he has more than enough ki for fighting and he can fight prolonged battles but will eventually grow weaker.

Saiyans CAN breathe in space. Bardock and hundreds of other saiyans were breathing in space goku went to moon without any oxygen mask or suit. Vegeta was training on a asteroid and brolly also breathes in space.

He is invulnerable to magma , perhaps he was once vulnerable to magma but not anymore.

#36 Posted by Mortein (3015 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't know where this idea, that DBZ characters are weak to heat, is coming from.

I'm willing to argue that even kid Goku would be able to endure lava, at least for a short amount of time.

Firstly I'd like to start with this feat. Goku moving so fast, he became invisible even to hypersonic characters.

Do you have any idea how much heat would be generated by the friction between your feet and the ground, if you could move so fast that not even hypersonic characters can see you?

...Well neither do I exactly, but I know it would be pretty damn hot, likely much hotter than lava.

But these kind of feats are often overlooked so let's move on.

Kid Goku endured direct hit by heat from rocket engine. These kind of blasts can reach temperatures of above 1000 C

Yet he was completly fine

He endured prolonged exposure to a flame thrower, military flamethrowers often exceed 1000 C.

He endured prologned exposior to high voltage eletricity, again a great feat against heat.

• He was unharmed after a rocket exploded in his face. If he wasn't super durable against heat his face would be melted away.

• Finally he endured a direct energy beam hit from a guy who was able to easily vaporize entire Cities,

who was stated to be able to destroy 1/43 of a planet, and who was more powerful than a Moon buster Roshi.

Later on, Frieza, who was beaten up, hit by countless energy blasts, sliced in 4 pieces, and with almost no energy left, survived a planet explosion. Explosions like that would certainly reach temperatures of above million degrees celsius.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.