Goku can tolerate the temperature of lava?

#1 Posted by juniorA96758 (49 posts) - - Show Bio

During the fight in Namek, Goku avoid touching lava. But in the manga that does not happen.

Lava is a liquid at temperatures from 700 to 1,200 °C. Do you think Goku can tolerate such high temperatures?

#2 Edited by Mortein (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't know where this idea, that DBZ characters are weak to heat, is coming from.

I'm willing to argue that even kid Goku would be able to endure lava, at least for a short amount of time.

Firstly I'd like to start with this feat. Goku moving so fast, he became invisible even to hypersonic characters.

Do you have any idea how much heat would be generated by the friction between your feet and the ground, if you could move so fast that not even hypersonic characters can see you?

...Well neither do I exactly, but I know it would be pretty damn hot, likely much hotter than lava.

But these kind of feats are often overlooked so let's move on.

Kid Goku endured direct hit by heat from rocket engine. These kind of blasts can reach temperatures of above 1000 C

Yet he was completly fine

He endured prolonged exposure to a flame thrower, military flamethrowers often exceed 1000 C.

He endured prologned exposior to high voltage eletricity, again a great feat against heat.

• He was unharmed after a rocket exploded in his face. If he wasn't super durable against heat his face would be melted away.

• Finally he endured a direct energy beam hit from a guy who was able to easily vaporize entire Cities,

who was stated to be able to destroy 1/43 of a planet, and who was more powerful than a Moon buster Roshi.

Later on, Frieza, who was beaten up, hit by countless energy blasts, sliced in 4 pieces, and with almost no energy left, survived a planet explosion. Explosions like that would certainly reach temperatures of above million degrees celsius.

#3 Posted by theamazingbatman (1955 posts) - - Show Bio

During the fight in Namek, Goku avoid touching lava. But in the manga that does not happen.

Lava is a liquid at temperatures from 700 to 1,200 °C. Do you think Goku can tolerate such high temperatures?

Kid Goku in DB endured an lightening attack from roshi and didn't die . The temperature of lightening is almost 30000°c (5 times hotter than the surface of the sun) . As an adult adult he is millions of time stronger , so yeah he can effortlessly survive the temperature of lava .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.