Dragonball Movie Discussion! (Spoilers!)

• 59 results
#1 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragonball Movie Poster

A place to talk about the Dragonball Movie. If you aren't a Dragonball/Z/GT fan, don't poster here.
#2 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to start us off with an interview from Chi-Chi
#3 Posted by methos-2 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn she is hot

I like Cell the most. Whats the plot of the movie?

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
" 

I'm going to start us off with an interview from Chi-Chi
"
I would eat her sushi with no wasabi.LMFAO!!!!!
#5 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
methos-2 said:
"Damn she is hot

I like Cell the most. Whats the plot of the movie?
"
King Piccolo Saga from Dragonball.

From the dbthemovie.com

"Q – Will there be sequels?
A – It has been stated they plan on making the series into a trilogy. This entirely depends on box office success, so watch the movie upon release if you want to see more! The trilogy would follow the series something like this:

Movie 1: Lord Piccolo
Movie 2: Saiyans
Movie 3: Freeza

Without giving too much away, it wouldn’t be unrealistic to expect a cliffhanger at the end of the first movie."

Bulma
#6 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope the action is good because if the action sucks the movie will suck.

#7 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Dragonball Poster
#8 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

#9 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

is that bai ling?

oh my
#10 Posted by The 502 Kid (3791 posts) - - Show Bio

well at least the chicks look hot in the movie, that will keep my mind of the plot if its boring

#11 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant wait to see how they bring the transformation to a super-saiyan to the big screen.

#12 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
cpt_linger said:
"i cant wait to see how they bring the transformation to a super-saiyan to the big screen."
According to the dbthemovie.com this is only Dragonball. If this does well they will do the other two movies for a trilogy. The second would be the Sayian Saga(still not super saiyans) and the second would be Frieza Saga which we would finally get one at the very end.
#13 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't hate on this thread just because Nobody made it............though I really want to. lol

#14 Posted by SilverZeo (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... at least they're going to try to use the Piccolo saga to start off, to see if it would work or not before moving onto the rest.

#15 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie keeps getting worse and worse, now they are ruinning Master Roshi. I was letting it slide the fact that Master Roshi wasn't wearing sunglasses, wasn't bald, and didn't have faical hair. I mean seriously that is not a very hard look to put off, I'm not sure why they couldn't do it, but whatever. But this, this is just...

Is Roshi true to the manga character?

James Wong
 said:

"Yes, somewhat. We kept his main features, like his humor. But in the manga Roshi is a true sexual pervert, which wouldn’t work in a family film. So we removed that part of the character.”
Not the perv we know
#16 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by Fastback (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a very big DB fan so I'm not saying this to be an anoying fag like some people and think I'm hillarious

this movie looks like a piece of shit.

I LOL at roshi and completely agree with what Nobody said. Seriously? you couldn't find a short old man, make him look bald and give him a beard and sunglasses? really? You kept some of his features like his humor, but he's not a sexual pervert? So basically he just has master roshis clothes?

I can cut them a little slack on Piccollo, he would be hard to do, but he could at least be green.

Bulma, take 5 dollars... and go bye some blue hair dye!!!

Chi-Chi passes, but who's the third lady? 

I don't know what to think of Goku

I guess the story will have to make up for it. 
#21 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
The idea of the DBZ movie just makes me feel weird... it has that Street Fighter : The Live Action Movie feel around it
#22 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio
!!!
#23 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"
!!!
"
LMFAO
#24 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

TRAILER!

poor quality

#25 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie is going to suck, Master Roshi isn't bald, he doesn't wear sunglasses or have his trademark beard, Piccolo isn't even green, Goku's hair isn't that impressive. The special effects they would need to make a good DBZ movie would cost a lot of money.

#26 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright I'm going to watch this, note that the end of the trailer does show a more, Goku looking goku

#27 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Better Quality Trailer

I think if we look at this as just an action movie and not as a "Dragonball" movie it might be decent.
#28 Edited by Kamen Rider Kajiki (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

WTH yamcha with short hair? Roshi is done way wrong and bulma no green/blue hair.

It would have been cooler if the movie started with the Red Ribbon saga`s.
And doesnt goku meet emperor piccolo when he was a small guy?
Because im not paying a penny before i see goku fly trough his body while he spits out the egg.

#29 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Kamen Rider Kajiki said:
"WTH yamcha with short hair? Roshi is done way wrong and bulma no green/blue hair.

Because im not paying a penny before i see goku fly trough his body while he spits out the egg."
Yamcha had short hair for a little while so thats not a big deal for me. I think Bulma made him cut it. As for Bulma, I can almost see it cause they seem to making a "real" looking Dragonball so they gave her a blue streak instead. But yeah I totally agree that it doesn't really look like Dragonball to me.
#30 Posted by Kamen Rider Kajiki (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody said:

"Kamen Rider Kajiki said:
"WTH yamcha with short hair? Roshi is done way wrong and bulma no green/blue hair.

Because im not paying a penny before i see goku fly trough his body while he spits out the egg."
Yamcha had short hair for a little while so thats not a big deal for me. I think Bulma made him cut it. As for Bulma, I can almost see it cause they seem to making a "real" looking Dragonball so they gave her a blue streak instead. But yeah I totally agree that it doesn't really look like Dragonball to me."

agreed with you on all of that
the most notable thing to me about this movie is nooooo Krillin. V_V
he was one of my favs a important persona to the story and the only human to surpass Frieza not counting Uub 

#31 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Kamen Rider Kajiki said:
"

Nobody said:

"Kamen Rider Kajiki said:

Yamcha had short hair for a little while so thats not a big deal for me. I think Bulma made him cut it. As for Bulma, I can almost see it cause they seem to making a "real" looking Dragonball so they gave her a blue streak instead. But yeah I totally agree that it doesn't really look like Dragonball to me."

agreed with you on all of that
the most notable thing to me about this movie is nooooo Krillin. V_V
he was one of my favs a important persona to the story and the only human to surpass Frieza not counting Uub 

"
Are you sure he is not in it? Also this is the King Piccolo saga and Krillin did die right at the beginning of it.
#32 Posted by oldmagic (5296 posts) - - Show Bio

That actress who's playing Chi Chi needs to get slapped if she thinks the actor looks allot like Goku. Though preferably in bed XD

#33 Posted by Comment Police (59 posts) - - Show Bio
oldmagic said:
"That actress who's playing Chi Chi needs to get slapped if she thinks the actor looks allot like Goku. Though preferably in bed XD"
there's no reason to hit someone for not looking like someone else. That could be seen as a threat. Hopefully that actress won't press charges.
#34 Posted by oldmagic (5296 posts) - - Show Bio
Comment Police said:
"oldmagic said:
"That actress who's playing Chi Chi needs to get slapped if she thinks the actor looks allot like Goku. Though preferably in bed XD"
there's no reason to hit someone for not looking like someone else. That could be seen as a threat. Hopefully that actress won't press charges."
#35 Posted by inferiorego (20586 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh those Comment Police, always busting in on the fun

Staff
#36 Edited by oldmagic (5296 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Oh those Comment Police, always busting in on the fun"
Now this is fun. This pretty much sums up how i.....  I think this sums up how everyone feels about the movie. 

#37 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

This was the only way I was able to find this image of Monster Goku.

WTF is that?!
#38 Posted by Captain Falcon (33 posts) - - Show Bio

god,i had hopes for this movie when i first heard about it,but god,why,WHY MUST IT SUCK?! really why is piccolo yellow and whering some leather crap. and chi chi and stuff having guns...SHE WAS A FIGHTER LIKE GOKU! the thing that really pisses me off is that it's called dragon ball Z...the plot is obviously  the plot of dragon ball. i mean srsly were just trying speed up the action by making everyone adult already? or were they just wanting to piss off fans?it's not dragon ball z,it's not even worth calling dragon ball,they should have called it...uh...THEY JUST SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN MADE IT!!! 

#39 Posted by Captain Falcon (33 posts) - - Show Bio
oldmagic said:
"inferiorego said:
"Oh those Comment Police, always busting in on the fun"
Now this is fun. This pretty much sums up how i.....  I think this sums up how everyone feels about the movie. 

"
wait who's zeto,is some guy they made up?
#40 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Captain Falcon said:
"god,i had hopes for this movie when i first heard about it,but god,why,WHY MUST IT SUCK?! really why is piccolo yellow and whering some leather crap. and chi chi and stuff having guns...SHE WAS A FIGHTER LIKE GOKU! the thing that really pisses me off is that it's called dragon ball Z...the plot is obviously  the plot of dragon ball. i mean srsly were just trying speed up the action by making everyone adult already? or were they just wanting to piss off fans?it's not dragon ball z,it's not even worth calling dragon ball,they should have called it...uh...THEY JUST SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN MADE IT!!! "
Actually the movie is called Dragonball and the plot of the movie is the King Piccolo saga.
#41 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there hope?

Piccolo

From dbthemovie.com

dbthemovie.com said: 
"We were sent a new photo today, which we’re told is of Piccolo (James Marsters) in a pre-green state. Supposedly he evolves throughout the movie, and at one point becomes greener. It looks like his wardrobe also evolves."

YES! We might actually have a green piccolo!
#42 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

#43 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i rly want to smack some one for this

#44 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like it would be entertaining as an action movie. For a Dragonball movie, totally sucks.

#45 Posted by PineSavior (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Well maybe we'll all making it as worse then it really is. I mean their putting in ki blasts and at least they actually put in a plotline that is kinda relevent to the story in the anime.....but i do see yalls point tho. Bulma is still hot tho...

#46 Posted by Hieixsakura(naruto) (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Its going to suck hard! Why they to kill an good Amine by making it into movie? Damn!

#47 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
Fastback said:
"I'm a very big DB fan so I'm not saying this to be an anoying fag like some people and think I'm hillarious
this movie looks like a piece of shit.

I LOL at roshi and completely agree with what Nobody said. Seriously? you couldn't find a short old man, make him look bald and give him a beard and sunglasses? really? You kept some of his features like his humor, but he's not a sexual pervert? So basically he just has master roshis clothes?

I can cut them a little slack on Piccollo, he would be hard to do, but he could at least be green.

Bulma, take 5 dollars... and go bye some blue hair dye!!!

Chi-Chi passes, but who's the third lady? 

I don't know what to think of Goku

I guess the story will have to make up for it. 
"
(i know this tread is old)
i know how you feel.but just additing:

this Goku looks gay.

heres a video with some more "info" about the movie made in a funny way (it even shows Ozaroo Goku)

note: if you click the video,ignore the title
#48 Posted by turks (11 posts) - - Show Bio

just watched this movie today and boy o boy was it awful, no krillin and they made master Mutaito black which was kinda weird the biggest problem was I think that they tried to modernize it by putting goku in highschool etc but yah it was as bad as i thought it was going to be maybe even worse

#49 Posted by SUNMAN (6923 posts) - - Show Bio

It was sooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recommend no one even bother with this movie. Was much worse than I thought it would be!!!!!!!

#50 Posted by santeria_smith (304 posts) - - Show Bio

i saw it online.. it is very horrible. not worth no money. im thinkin about paying tho to see so 5 minutes into the movie i can throw my hands up and stand and say 'OK IM DONE!' and walk out. i think its worth it. its bad guys.

very bad.

double dragon bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.