Dragonball and DBZ Discussion Thread

#1 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all. Please, i realize lots of people on the Vine dislike DBZ so if you do, please just hit that back button.
I also realized that many people enjoy DB and DBZ,so i created this for them and for me so we can discuss the long run series.
And please, no 'DBZ IS MANGA, NOT COMICS'..... Because to me, it's all the same, DBZ is in the Vines encyclopedia, and if their are fans here, they have the right to discuss it here, and not have to go to another site.

So.
I'll start.
Whats your favorite saga of DBZ and why?

#2 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Namek and Frieza Saga (I consider manga and comics different, but whatever).

#3 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" Namek and Frieza Saga (I consider manga and comics different, but whatever). "
Yeah I have to agree, I enjoyed it because alot more was going on. Vegeta was still bad, and the storyline seemed to have a bit more of a purpose than the previous saga...
#4 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@BiteMe-Fanboy:
how strong is goku with out going super sayain
#5 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
" @BiteMe-Fanboy: how strong is goku with out going super sayain "
During what time period? Before King Kais training? After arriving on Namek? While fighting Frieza?
#6 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

i preferred dragonball 
loved when goku met his grampa during the tourny against babba's monsters 

#7 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1 said:
" i preferred dragonball loved when goku met his grampa during the tourny against babba's monsters  "
Yeah Dragonball IMO is alot better than DBZ.
#8 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@BiteMe-Fanboy: 

lets say before fighting frieza
#9 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved all of DB and DBZ. It was the greatest show of my childhood, and the first anime I ever saw. However, DBGT sucked a big one. I also got pissed off by the Buu saga. They ruined so much character development in that saga. Vegeta working for years to go from villian to hero, has a family, and become a general bada$$, only to turn evil just because of his pride-Bull$#!T. Goku letting his sons die to save Hercule and and f-fing puppy-Bull$#!T. The fact that the ultimate gods of the universe(the Supreme Kai's) were still weaker than half the fighters on Earth....I could go on for ever

#10 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:

" @BiteMe-Fanboy:  lets say before fighting frieza "

Okay i looked up some things and went digging for info.
After Cell died and Goku was on the Grand Kai's planet he was shown having trouble moving around with 40 tons (10 tons on each limb). but Grand Kai's planet is 10x Earths gravity so in reality it was 400 tons. When he turned Super Saiyan he was moving about with incredible speed and the weight didn't bother him.
So. Goku was alot weaker than he was after the defeat of Cell than while he was on Namek. So maybe around 50-100? that's a guess.
#11 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@BiteMe-Fanboy: 

k thanks
#12 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
" @BiteMe-Fanboy:  k thanks "
No problem. Don't quote me on that though, that was a guess. Lol!
#13 Posted by SoA (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

big fan of anything dragonball related movies video games all of it lol. what i didnt like was the buu saga andd gt for not being quite on par with the series .what i didnt like from the movies was how hildigarn was weaker than janemba (last movie villian weaker than previous movie villian) . whats evryone's favorite non-sayin character (in terms of  good guys)  favorite villians?

#14 Posted by AnimeRocks (261 posts) - - Show Bio

ya i agree goku would beat superman
#15 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's not get onto another Goku vs Superman battle, that's just going to cause massive drama between fans. Hahah.

I couldn't quite say what my favorite saga would be, because I like certain episodes of each saga.

#16 Posted by MichaeltheFly (6555 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Cloud™ said:
" Let's not get onto another Goku vs Superman battle, that's just going to cause massive drama between fans. Hahah.  I couldn't quite say what my favorite saga would be, because I like certain episodes of each saga. "
Agreed, with the first part, let's just talk about stuff related to the Dragon Ball franchise.
I think the Frieza saga was my favorite, I personally liked the Movies of the DBZ but the GT part of the DB franchise was noncannon to me.
#17 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the cell saga and Buu saga
#18 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the parts where they are actually fighting and not standing around being dumbasses!!!

#19 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@BiteMe-Fanboy:

Even that seems odd 

The daizenshuu compleatly contridicts what happened in that scene 

Which makes sence. you cant hurt a persone who has planetary durribility if your punchs can only bust mountains /: 
 and Cell saga is my favorite.
#20 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Buu

#21 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:
" @BiteMe-Fanboy:

Even that seems odd 

The daizenshuu compleatly contridicts what happened in that scene 

Which makes sence. you cant hurt a persone who has planetary durribility if your punchs can only bust mountains /:  and Cell saga is my favorite. "
There's a difference between "normal strength" and "applicable strength," which people don't seem to understand -- if this has any relevance to your durability statement.
#22 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite Saga: The Frieza Saga (easily the most dramatic of the series, and the highest point for the show IMO)
Favorite Character: Tien (Tienshinhan)
Favorite Fight: Spopovitch vs Videl

#23 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Cloud™:
I would like for you to go into detail.
#24 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:
" @Dark Cloud™: I would like for you to go into detail. "
Here's my best analogy of said differences; normal strength is, for example, soft, using your finger to push a pencil across a table. You're not exactly exerting force upon the pencil, but rather using what force your finger possesses to do so. Applicable strength is hard, and what you're utilizing to push against a heavier object, exerting actual force to move said object.
#25 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Cloud™:
So how does that aply to pucnhing power?
#26 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:
" @Dark Cloud™: So how does that aply to pucnhing power? "
I'm curious now as to why you're not seeing it when it's absolutely easy to? Resistance of the body does not always equal strength of the muscles. Someone can stand the puncture of a dull knife, but not the puncture of a sharp knife. I really can't explain it more than that, after having been dumbed down.
#27 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™:

Well then same could be said for Superman as he's been said to be able to destroy small planets with his punchs (normal superman of course).

#28 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:
"

@Dark Cloud™:

Well then same could be said for Superman as he's been said to be able to destroy small planets with his punchs (normal superman of course).

"
I just asked my friend what he thought on the matter, and he stated, "It depends on the effort." I couldn't have said that any better, and that's what I'm trying to convey. I've seen Superman be knocked unconscious from someone who couldn't survive a gunshot, and the Hulk (who has benched a mountain) was nearly (or entirely, not sure which) knocked unconscious by Captain America. I wouldn't condone that as PIS, but general effort from the character. Is this a little more clearer for you?
#29 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Cloud™:
I see what your trying to say, but as Shockwave would say its illogical.
#30 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Favourite Saga: Future Trunks/Android Saga
Favourite Character: Future Trunks
Favourite Fight: Future Trunks vs Cyborg Freiza

#31 Edited by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:

" @Dark Cloud™: I see what your trying to say, but as Shockwave would say its illogical. "

Nothing is illogical if there's a reasoning behind it. In this case, it's physics. Just because your skin is hard enough to take a punch (physical force), doesn't mean your skin is hard enough to survive the force (kinetic energy).
#32 Posted by jloneblackheart (5496 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite Saga: Frieza Saga
Favorite Character: Vegeta
Favorite Fight: Vegeta vs Goku (During Buu Saga)

#33 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Cloud™ said:
"@Theworldbreaker said:

" @Dark Cloud™: I see what your trying to say, but as Shockwave would say its illogical. "

Nothing is illogical if there's a reasoning behind it. In this case, it's physics. Just because your skin is hard enough to take a punch (physical force), doesn't mean your skin is hard enough to survive the force (kinetic energy). "

thats alot like when they explain people who die from Blast injuries;

injuries are caused by blast overpressure waves, or shock waves. The ears are most often affected by the overpressure, followed by the lungs and the hollow organs of the gastrointestinal tract. Gastrointestinal injuries may present after a delay of hours or even days. Injury from blast overpressure is a pressure and time dependent function. By increasing the pressure or its duration, the severity of injury will also increase. In general, primary blast injuries are characterized by the absence of external injuries; thus internal injuries are frequently unrecognized and their severity underestimated

Favorite Character: 1. Gohan (During Cell Saga) 2. & 3. Tied Goku and Future Trunks

Favorite Saga: Either Freiza or Android & Cell Saga combined

Favorite Fight: Goku vs Freiza

#34 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Cloud™:
Oh now i see what your talking about, now it makes scence.
#35 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragonball was amazing. IMHO, they should have stopped it there, as the charm of the series never quite passed on to DBZ, and would be the equivalent of having the X-Men die and come back every---oops. They already do that. But anyways you see my point.

#36 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Favourite Saga: Future Trunks/Android SagaFavourite Character: Future TrunksFavourite Fight: Future Trunks vs Cyborg Freiza
um........ trunks just cut him in half :P

favorite saga cell and buu
favorite character goku obviously i love how he got more mature and wise as the series progressed and cell =best villain
favorite fight: gohan's last stand against the andriods, goku vs cell, and goku vs majin vegeta
#37 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Favourite Saga: Future Trunks/Android SagaFavourite Character: Future TrunksFavourite Fight: Future Trunks vs Cyborg Freiza
um........ trunks just cut him in half :P  favorite saga cell and buu favorite character goku obviously i love how he got more mature and wise as the series progressed and cell =best villain favorite fight: gohan's last stand against the andriods, goku vs cell, and goku vs majin vegeta
Exactly. It lasted two seconds, and was better than every other fight lol
#38 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: yeah i get what you mean, every big fight has to be interrupted by stupid fillers and 10 minute powering up with tons of screaming

goku vs cell went on for 4.5 episodes = roughly 90min, after i cut out all the BS the full fight was around 22 minutes
#39 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary: Yep, that sounds about right. I can't watch Goku vs Frieza, it just goes on and on and onnnnnnnnn. 

The same with every Buu fight. 
#40 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@higher_evolutionary: Yep, that sounds about right. I can't watch Goku vs Frieza, it just goes on and on and onnnnnnnnn.  The same with every Buu fight. 
funny thing is that the manga is extremely fast paced
#41 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
favorite saga: first world tournament (db/kid goku)
favorite character: ninja murasaki, tien and adult trunks
favorite fight: goku vs vegeta (both the saiyan arc and the buu arc), goku vs jackie chun
#42 Posted by Billy Batson (57741 posts) - - Show Bio

favorite saga: Piccolo Jr/ Tien Shinhan/world tournament
favorite character: (Kid) Goku/Goten
favorite fight: Goku vs Piccolo jr
BB

#43 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

favorite saga: Frieza or Cell saga

favorite character: Goku, Vegeta, Trunks

favorite fight: I will write that when I remember them

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.