DBZ is inconsistent??

• 86 results
#51 Edited by Blackestnight (640 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Blade: Sorry but your math is way wrong.  Partly because your numbers are wrong. It wasn't 350 it was 600.  PS Vegeta weight about 60kg That's 150 tons at just 300G It also doesn't matter sense he's not even a sayin yet. That's like superman as a baby.
40 tons is not 40 tons at 600 times gravity and it was 600 times gravity. Here is film of him at 450 times gravity, flipping around. Later lifting weights it's up at 600.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTK4TcYxx3k   
   And this is all at dinky non-sayin normal Vegeta level. 
 And Sentry just ripped a god in half and can control molecules. He is on Thor level. Also Guku was cut by glass, so what so can wonderwoman. She's hardly a puss.  Superman loses power if he's even covered by  dirt or blocked from the sun.  Also that Guku with 40 tons crap 1 he's not a sayin two he's on a different planet and he's dead.
 Comparing Guku to Superman, Speed check, Goku can teleport or instant transmission making him actually faster than superman even near a yellow sun.    If you go by adult superman then take the strongest Guku too.
fffffffffffff

Some of them got beat up by an android. So what Superman was killed by a machine, Doomsday.

#52 Posted by SilverGalford (3262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Blade: 
"it is a very inconsistent piece of crap"  lol
you said that on other threads , i still remenber that ,now i know what you said that , seriously it is very inconsistent.
#53 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell Yes... coming from a Huge DBZ fan it was inconsistent... Some Fights Destroyed Planets.. while others didnt... some Destroyed while some didnt... at it wasnt like they kept upgrading.... no... once they destroyed a planet all of them should off... but then again... they all had a possibility of blowing up... at one point of the story...

#54 Posted by Red_Blade (2441 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blackestnight said:

" @Red_Blade: Sorry but your math is way wrong.  Partly because your numbers are wrong. It wasn't 350 it was 600.  PS Vegeta weight about 60kg That's 150 tons at just 300G It also doesn't matter sense he's not even a sayin yet. That's like superman as a baby.
40 tons is not 40 tons at 600 times gravity and it was 600 times gravity. Here is film of him at 450 times gravity, flipping around. Later lifting weights it's up at 600.  

And this is all at dinky non-sayin normal Vegeta level. 
 And Sentry just ripped a god in half and can control molecules. He is on Thor level. Also Guku was cut by glass, so what so can wonderwoman. She's hardly a puss.  Superman loses power if he's even covered by  dirt or blocked from the sun.  Also that Guku with 40 tons crap 1 he's not a sayin two he's on a different planet and he's dead.
 Comparing Guku to Superman, Speed check, Goku can teleport or instant transmission making him actually faster than superman even near a yellow sun.    If you go by adult superman then take the strongest Guku too.
fffffffffffff

Some of them got beat up by an android. So what Superman was killed by a machine, Doomsday.

"

/facepalm Just stop talking please, I swear you are a prime example of why DBZ fans are arguably the most stupid people on the planet

@Blackestnight

said:

" @Red_Blade: Sorry but your math is way wrong.  Partly because your numbers are wrong. It wasn't 350 it was 600.  PS Vegeta weight about 60kg That's 150 tons at just 300G It also doesn't matter sense he's not even a sayin yet. That's like superman as a baby.

"

First of all this is the anime which isn't canon
Second of all LEARN FREAKING MATH!!!

Vegeta never trained in 600x gravity, the most he ever did in the manga was 300

Even at 450x gravity his body would only weigh 54,000 lbs would which be about 28-30 tons, where in the hell did you get this 150 tons crap from? 
 Oh wait, you pulled it out of your ass like all DBZ tards do

@Blackestnight

said:

"  And Sentry just ripped a god in half and can control molecules. He is on Thor level. Also Guku was cut by glass, so what so can wonderwoman. She's hardly a puss.

"

First of all Sentry never ripped a god in half, Molecule Man isn't a god and controlling Molecules is the Void's power, not Sentry's.
 Second of all what do either of them have to do with this? Wonder Woman was never cut by glass, Goku was ... 

@Blackestnight

said:

"   Superman loses power if he's even covered by  dirt or blocked from the sun.  .

"

I'm just curious but, have you ever read anything with Superman in it? Obviously not

@Blackestnight said:

Also that Guku with 40 tons crap 1 he's not a sayin two he's on a different planet and he's dead.

"

What does this have to do with anything? The gravity on that planet is the same and Goku is actually more powerful when he is dead since he doesn't suffer from fatigue

So actually Goku in the living world would be unable to lift 40 tons.

@Blackestnight said:

"

fffffffffffff

"

Instant transmission is teleportation not speed, he needs a ki signal to use it otherwise he can't use it, and his reflexes are slow

Doomsday isnt a machine, Doomsday was created by Krpytonians, and SUPERMAN NEVER DIED!!

You fail, thanks for showing everyone how DBZ fans are the dumbest people on Earth
#55 Posted by SilverGalford (3262 posts) - - Show Bio

wow there are a lot of inconsistents on youtube , it's amazing.

#56 Posted by Spike 335 (396 posts) - - Show Bio

and red blade isnt banned for what reason?

it's him for 3 pages calling people, stupid, retarded, fanboys, idiots, etc etc? So no one is gonna report him? guess i'll have to do it 

reading pass red blades trolling..i dont see anything that anyone was able to say dbz is inconsitant. Which really doesnt change anything..theyre gonna go about their day saying its inconsistant anyway 

#57 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole 40 tons thing...is actually 400 tons.

#58 Posted by Mortein (2888 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
The whole 40 tons thing...is actually 400 tons.
proof?
#59 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mortein
He says that because the gravity on the planet is (most likely) 10x Earth's gravity, not that anybody has stated it. But its assuming it is since King Kai's planet has the same gravity. 

But hey thats jsut an inconsistant feat, Goku leg pressed part of a mountain in DB i believe, and Gohan as the great sayin man (god i hate that name) stopped a jumbo jet from crashing the same way superman does it (grabbing on to it from the front and setting on the ground gently) greater feats done by weaker characters.
#60 Posted by Mortein (2888 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:
@Mortein: He says that because the gravity on the planet is (most likely) 10x Earth's gravity, not that anybody has stated it. But its assuming it is since King Kai's planet has the same gravity.  But hey thats jsut an inconsistant feat, Goku leg pressed part of a mountain in DB i believe, and Gohan as the great sayin man (god i hate that name) stopped a jumbo jet from crashing the same way superman does it (grabbing on to it from the front and setting on the ground gently) greater feats done by weaker characters.
It would be wrong to assume that planet has 10x bigger gravity.
If we assume that that planet was built the same way King Kai's planet was built, then it would have much bigger gravity then King Kai's planet, because it is much bigger planet.
If we assume that it was built more like Earth, then it would probably have much smaller gravity then 10G
However those are all assumptions.

Gohan stopping jumbo jet was a filler, and I don't remember Goku leg pressing a part of mountain.

I don't think base goku has ever lifted anything heavier then 40 T.
#61 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:
@Mortein: He says that because the gravity on the planet is (most likely) 10x Earth's gravity, not that anybody has stated it. But its assuming it is since King Kai's planet has the same gravity.  But hey thats jsut an inconsistant feat, Goku leg pressed part of a mountain in DB i believe, and Gohan as the great sayin man (god i hate that name) stopped a jumbo jet from crashing the same way superman does it (grabbing on to it from the front and setting on the ground gently) greater feats done by weaker characters.
What he said is right.10 X gravity thing and Gohan and the airplane.
#62 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

When your dead you are not given a body.   That is a privilege given by King Yemma. How did Frizza, Cell and King Cold gained theirs? I can understand Ginyu Force since they were a request from King Kai. Speaking of the Kais, you would think they would think that the Supreme Kai would revived the other fallen heroes to stop Majin Buu from activating. They are gods and have the ability to do that. Oh wait we don’t want a full on blitz.   Let the chosen ones defeat the enemy. Let the arrogant chosen ones who refuse to merge because of their pride. Any hero would gladly sacrifice themselves in order to save the universe, and they had a planet filled with heroes from the entire universe.     

#63 Posted by Mortein (2888 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hazlenaut said:

When your dead you are not given a body.   That is a privilege given by King Yemma. How did Frizza, Cell and King Cold gained theirs? I can understand Ginyu Force since they were a request from King Kai.

Those are fillers

Speaking of the Kais, you would think they would think that the Supreme Kai would revived the other fallen heroes to stop Majin Buu from activating. They are gods and have the ability to do that. Oh wait we don’t want a full on blitz.   Let the chosen ones defeat the enemy. Let the arrogant chosen ones who refuse to merge because of their pride. Any hero would gladly sacrifice themselves in order to save the universe, and they had a planet filled with heroes from the entire universe.     

Remember, before Goku became SSJ, Frieza and his father were by far the most powerful in the universe, and they were so weak Supreme Kai could vaporize them in single blow, and Supreme Kai was so weak he was useless against Buu, even after fusion. So I doubt there was anyone stronger than the Z fighter for him to revive, heroes which are on Frieza level would get vaporized with a single wave of a hand, they would be so slow they wouldn't even be able to follow the movements of Buu in a fight, and their strongest attacks wouldn't be strong enough to do anything against Buu.
#64 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Once you are dead you are merely a spirit.  

2) There was character that was faster than any of the Z fighters. He was in the south universe Goku could not detect his speed, but the only problem is that he has low stamina.

#65 Posted by Cold_World (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Every single complaint in this thread, comes from stuff that happened in the NOT CANON anime. The idiot trolling excluded of course. Quite obviously no one read jloneblackhearts, post.

#66 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I've watched every episode, read (Own) all the manga. And have all the films. But not watched the Broly films because I hate his fanboys.

What annoys me is people that debate with these character get so passionate about them it clouds their ability to think. One is thinking these characters are lightspeeders. Speaking attacks vs energy beams. Nappa launches a mouth beam and in the space of it hitting Goku within yards of him, he quickly says Kame hame ha.to stop the beam. We hear him say it, and sound travels at 760 mph depending on the temperature. That is a fraction of the speed of light.

I love Dragonball/Z but it gets harder to get people to watch it when they see stupid threads and hear stupid things. And the fillers are annoying at times.

Also, DBGT SUCKS!

#67 Edited by Cold_World (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

I've watched every episode, read (Own) all the manga. And have all the films. But not watched the Broly films because I hate his fanboys.

What annoys me is people that debate with these character get so passionate about them it clouds their ability to think. One is thinking these characters are lightspeeders. Speaking attacks vs energy beams. Nappa launches a mouth beam and in the space of it hitting Goku within yards of him, he quickly says Kame hame ha.to stop the beam. We hear him say it, and sound travels at 760 mph depending on the temperature. That is a fraction of the speed of light.

I love Dragonball/Z but it gets harder to get people to watch it when they see stupid threads and hear stupid things. And the fillers are annoying at times.

Also, DBGT SUCKS!

Yeah they're not really moving faster than lightning, because they're talking. I could go on, and explain to you why what you said made no sense. But i think the picture speaks for itself. Hear stupid things huh?

#68 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cold_World said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

Also, DBGT SUCKS!

Yeah they're not really moving faster than lightning, because they're talking. I could go on, and explain to you why what you said made no sense. But i think the picture speaks for itself. Hear stupid things huh?

No, please. Do go on. Why does it make no sense?

I hate it in comics as well. But some characters have special things that allow them to speak.

Hear stupid things as in Goku can beat entire universe (DC & Marvel). And battles that relate to that.

#69 Posted by Cold_World (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: I'm not going to go on because it's quite clear you have no idea as to what you're talking about. The scan speaks for itself. I don't know what makes you think goku being able to talk when using super speed means he's not light speed. Flash, quicksilver, superman, pretty muh every speedster ever has been shown doing this. You know this, so it makes absolutely no sense for you to single that out in regards to z fighters. Some characters have special things that allow them to speak when they're traveling at light speed? Who? What? The only people who claim that goku can solo dc and marvel are obviously trolling.The fact that people, such as yourself get so ridiculously upset and bring it up every time a dbz thread is made is beyond ignorant. Never mind the fact that those types of threads are not limited exclusively to Dragon Ball related topics. I've seen Aunt may vs Galactus threads.

Now as far as your original complaint goes, concerning goku being or not being FTL. When Goku was healed on namek he flew half way across the planet before Frieza could lower his hand. That's namek saga Goku's speed. Goku's base form at the end of the series was comparable to Super Saiyan levels. And on top of that, super saiyans 1 transformation make him 50 times faster. SSJ2 100 times faster. And SSJ3 400 times faster. Thats not a fan guess, that's a fact from Akira Toryiama himself.To say goku isn't faster than light would be ignorant. You have SSJ1 Gotenks flying around the planet 8 times, and then stops to take a nap.

#70 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cold_World said:

@Supreme Marvel: I'm not going to.

I thought so.

I don't know what makes you think goku being able to talk when using super speed means he's not light speed. Flash, quicksilver, superman, pretty muh every speedster ever has been shown doing this. You know this, so it makes absolutely no sense for you to single that out in regards to z fighters.
Some characters have special things that allow them to speak when they're traveling at light speed? Who? What?

The Flashes, their Speed Force power gives them many attributes.

The only people who claim that goku can solo dc and marvel are obviously trolling.The fact that people, such as yourself get so ridiculously upset and bring it up every time a dbz thread is made is beyond ignorant. Never mind the fact that those types of threads are not limited exclusively to Dragon Ball related topics. I've seen Aunt may vs Galactus threads.

I know some people troll. But if you actually go into the battle thread. You get people actually stating arguments for reasons why he stands a chance. That's what annoys me. Because you can see they're being serious. How is it you think am "ridiculously upset"? You must be the one person with a computer that can convey tone. And every time a thread is made? Seriously? I've not been on CV for like a year. How can you assume that? This is like the 2nd Dragonball Z thread I've been in since I came back. I've seen an Aunt May vs Galactus thread before. You're not so special. And at least there is good reason for her to have some chance against Galactus with her once obtaining power from Galactus himself.

Now as far as your original complaint goes, concerning goku being or not being FTL. When Goku was healed on namek he flew half way across the planet before Frieza could lower his hand.

Are you referring to when he was healed, came out the ship, sensed where Gohan and the others were and flew to see Vegeta almost die? If so. Goku says "Good. They're close by." Flies towards them. Freiza is about to kill Vegeta but says something to him and then something else to Gohan, Krillin and Piccolo and then returns to Vegeta to strike and then Goku gets there. And it doesn't show you that it is half way around Namek. So if that is the case you were referring to, you're wrong.

That's namek saga Goku's speed. Goku's base form at the end of the series was comparable to Super Saiyan levels. And on top of that, super saiyans 1 transformation make him 50 times faster. SSJ2 100 times faster. And SSJ3 400 times faster. Thats not a fan guess, that's a fact from Akira Toryiama himself.To say goku isn't faster than light would be ignorant. You have SSJ1 Gotenks flying around the planet 8 times, and then stops to take a nap.

I've heard many things of what Toriyama said by fans. And 99% of them are untrue. Now if you'd be the first to prove these "facts", then go right ahead. Until then, I will believe you to be a liar. And the flying around the world thing looked more like a loony toon moment. But lets dissect it.

He flies around the Earth 9 times.Takes a nap. And then Piccolo gets to his location. When Piccolo gets there they get to Buu. When there Gotenk's fusion time ends. Which is 30 minutes.

Light will take 1.2 seconds to reach the Moon from Earth. You can fit around 30 planet Earth's in between the Moon and Earth. Since Gotenks flew around the planet 9 times and the half way point being 15 Earths, it would be less than a second for Gotenks to circle the globe 9 times. And if you believe they're light-speeders, then when Gotenks went for a nap it wouldn't have been more than a few seconds for Piccolo to catch up to him. So when they went to see Buu, where did the 25+ minutes go? Which obviously would lead me to believe that he travelled around the globe 9 times in the space of 20+ minutes and Piccolo trying to find him for a few more minutes. That's not remotely impressive against the likes of Superman and Flash when running (and Flying in Superman's case). And that's why I don't believe they're lightspeeders.

#71 Edited by Cold_World (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: Good, you should think so. Because what you stated didn't make any sense. Everyone from the Flash's, to superman to Quicksilver, to Martian Manhunter have been able to speak while moving at super speed. The fact that you half heartedly acknowledged this makes your post seem kind of pointless. Thus, I'm not wasting my time on it by going into exact detail why it makes no sense, when my scan should suffice.

The speed force protects the flashes from the heat and wind while moving at super speed. It also allows them to not cause damage to the environment. That's about it. Not once have they stated, the speed force lets them talk while running at high speeds. And i'm going to go ahead and assume you know that or else you would have out right made the claim. I can easily post scans of superman talking to mongul as he is using super speed. But i shouldn't have to, you're obviously wrong.

And? Just a couple of days ago there was an obvious troll trying to argue convincingly that Goku could beat Odin and a plethora of other Omnipotent characters. Once again, this is not exclusive to Dragon Ball. There are Trolls who try and argue all sorts of things. I don't really care how upset you were or weren't. I don't care how many dragon ball threads you've posted in. You're here now whining and complaining about something that happens all the time on this site. Something that you will find in threads that do not involve Dragon Ball. My assumptions aside you're reasons for complaining about dragon ball threads in this regard is silly. And for the record. Aunt may got powers in a non canon joke comic. The fact that you're trying defend threads aunt may vs Galactus threads, and blast Dragon Ball threads of that nature makes me face palm.

I don't know if you're referencing the anime or not. Most likely you are. But Goku said they're not far, moves at super speed, and then he's there before Freiza can land another blow to Vegeta. If you owned the Manga like you claimed you would know that Goku was half way on the other side of the planet. So for a recurring theme in this thread, I'm right, and you're wrong.

What you believe me to be or not to be does not concern me.

It says that Super Saiyan 2 is twice as strong as regular Super Saiyan and that uper Saiyan 3 is four times as strong as Super Saiyan 2. It also repeats Daizenshuu 7's statement about regular Super Saiyan increasing stats by a factor of 50. These scans can be seen in DragonBall Super Exciting Guide: Story Volume created by Akira Toryiama.

I'm not even going to bother asking about the claims. I blame that On a combination of not caring very much, and you stating things that tend to be incorrect. Once again i have a scan of flash doing the same thing so are you saying flash running around the planet is a looney toon moment?

Except piccolo said he could not find Gotenks. And that he had spent most of his time searching for them. Most likely when they were taking their nap, as he found them when they woke up. And on top of that who says piccolo was using his top speed when he was searching for them? All your assumptions and make no mistake that's what they are, they all go out the window when you use common sense. A few hours ago, you tried to say Goku isn't a light speeder, because he could talk. So I'll take this new reason with a grain of salt.

#72 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cold_World said:

@Supreme Marvel: Good, you should think so. Because what you didn't make any sense. Everyone from the Flash's, to superman to Quicksilver, to Martian Manhunter have been able to speak while moving at super speed. The fact that you half heartedly acknowledged this makes your post seem kind of pointless. Thus, I'm not wasting my time on it by going into exact detail why it makes no sense when my scan should suffice.

I will admit I began talking about something else, then it lead to the talking. And because of the time, I had no clue. And that's the reason I didn't acknowledge it. But half the post still stands. There is a scan however, somewhere, I was looking for for a while of the Flash trying to talk to someone while running at speed and his whatever he said was jumbled. And he comes back and repeats it explaining he was moving too fast. When I find it I'll show you. But it probably won't matter because there is no point in doing a comic/manga without text. Even at high speeds.

The speed force protects the flashes from the heat and wind while moving at super speed. It also allows them to not cause damage to the environment. That's about it. Not once have they stated, the speed force lets them talk while running at high speeds. And i'm going to go ahead and assume you know that or else you would have out right made the claim. I can easily post scans of superman talking to mongul as he is using super speed. But i shouldn't have to, you're obviously wrong.

Speed Force does a lot of things for the Flashes. For instance taking hits for heavy hitters, so it must give them higher durability. I'm not sure if there is a scan of this, because I barely read Flash comics, unless it's Bart. There are scans of Superman talking in space, that's because of Mongul. But I think they retconned that. But some writers just have him talking in space. Which I dislike also.

And? Just a couple of days ago there was an obvious troll trying to argue convincingly that Goku could beat Odin and a plethora of other Omnipotent characters. Once again, this is not exclusive to Dragon Ball. There are Trolls who try and argue all sorts of things. I don't really care how upset you were or weren't. I don't care how many dragon ball threads you've posted in. You're here now whining and complaining about something that happens all the time on this site. Something that you will find in threads that do not involve Dragon Ball. My assumptions aside you're reasons for complaining about dragon ball threads in this regard is silly. And for the record. Aunt may got powers in a non canon joke comic. The fact that you're trying defend threads aunt may vs Galactus threads, and blast Dragon Ball threads of that nature makes me face palm.

"Whining and complaining", lol. I mentioned one thing. I just looked at your original reply. I thought I read it as you calling me stupid. Again, had to be down to the time of night. And that's probably the reason why I may have been slightly hostile in my reply. Sorry. I read about 3/4 comics of Marvel, so I have no idea if it was cannon or not. I just saw someone post the scans to me. I most read DC.

I don't know if you're referencing the anime or not. Most likely you are. But Goku said they're not far, moves at super speed, and then he's there before Freiza can land another blow to Vegeta. If you owned the Manga like you claimed you would know that Goku was half way on the other side of the planet. So for a recurring theme in this thread, I'm right, and you're wrong.

I was talking about the animé because I don't have the manga with me since am in uni and not home. And I'll let that comment at the end slide, since I was asking for it. Again, sorry, it was late, it's still late now, my sleeping pattern is messed up because of Arkham City.

I'm not even going to bother asking about the claims. I blame that On a combination of not caring very much, and you stating things that tend to be incorrect. Once again i have a scan of flash doing the same thing so are you saying flash running around the planet is a looney toon moment?

What were the claims? My claims or your claims? Late. I'm very tired. And what were incorrect? I said it looked like a looney toon moment. But when do you do a dance and fuse? :P

Except piccolo said he could not find Gotenks. And that he had spent most of his time searching for them. Most likely when they were taking their nap, as he found them when they woke up. And on top of that who says piccolo was using his top speed when he was searching for them? All your assumptions and make no mistake that's what they are, they all go out the window when you use common sense. A few hours ago, you tried to say Goku isn't a light speeder, because he could talk. So I'll take this new reason with a grain of salt.

Piccolo, in the predicament he was in had no reason to be slow. Since he thought Gotenks would go after Buu and again and this time get himself killed. And we know Piccolo to be a serious person. When I return home, I'll look through the manga and check it out what you said. But you still didn't show me the "facts" about Toriyama saying they grow so much in speed. Plus is there a single scan stating they can go light speed or beyond it?

And just so you know, it was animévice where I had the Dragonabll Z trouble. I still remember seeing someone post saying Goku was a genius.

#73 Edited by Cold_World (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: No, none of your point stands. The flashs words being jumbled is supposed to mean what exactly? His words were still heard, he was just talking too fast for him to be understood. The same thing happens with zoom. What you, said didn't make any sense. You can keep trying to argue about it, but I'm done.

A power of the speed force is not to allow people to talk while moving at super speeds. You can sit there and waste your time talking about everything it does, the fact remains it does not let people talk while moving at super speeds. It's something you made up. You clearly don't have a scan stating that it does, so how about you just move on. Also, no the speed force does not increase durability. I could go into detail explaining why what you said was false, but quite frankly i'm already getting tired from correcting you on everything else you seem to have just made up.

Yes, you mentioned one thing. And that one thing, sounded like a bunch of whining and complaining. Apology accepted. It happens.

Actually he didn't think Gotenks was going after buu. He asked gotenks to show him how fast he was. Gotenks stated if he showed piccolo his speed on kamis look out, it would be destroyed. He then said he will show piccolo on the planet, and then took off. Piccolo followed after. There was no plan to go and fight Buu until after Piccolo found them. And even then he made no attempt to fly after them. I just showed you FACTS stating that Akira Toriyama himself has SSJ1, multiplying stats by 50, SSJ2, by 100, and SSJ3 by 400. Even people with the most basic knowledge of Dragon Ball knows that when ki is multiplied so is speed, strength, senses and durability. So someone such as yourself, who's read the manga and watched all of the anime should know this.

Just so you know, i don't care where you heard it. And honestly i don't know why you care so much about what other people are saying.

#74 Edited by DeviousBastard (136 posts) - - Show Bio

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/manga/dragon-ball-care-to-explain-this-94407/

#75 Posted by why_you_mad_tho (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeviousBastard said:

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/manga/dragon-ball-care-to-explain-this-94407/

The scan in which that user is referring to is from a very bad fan translation. Cell did not survived regeneration from a lump in his head. And i doubt that Akira Toriyama forgot something that happened just 2 or 3 chapter earlier. The original translation is that cell survived because each one of his cells has a ki/life force of their own

#76 Posted by Marco_Kidd (365 posts) - - Show Bio

@Red_Blade: It's really just obvious that they are planet busters. If Rosh can destroy a moon, you dont think Cell can? You don't have to actually see something to know it's real, i'v never been too Australia but if i said that i dont think Australia is real because iv never actually seen it then i'd obviously be an idiot.

#77 Posted by SilverGalford (3262 posts) - - Show Bio

Frieza being so depowered and unconsious survives a planet explosion , Mystic Gohan with more power than frieza and only unconcious died when the planet earth was destroyed.

#78 Posted by meh_89 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Any fight after Frieza is inconsistent. A simple energy blast should have destroyed the Earth even if it hit the target. Vegeta was able to blow up a whole planet and its moon with no effort....

Like to take this time to point out that until Akira Toriyama says otherwise, filler counts, he approved the anime. Yes I have the manga and I've read it but that doesn't make me better than anyone.

In Z Goku with a power level of millions is only able to lift 40 tons yet in Dragon Ball with a power level less than 200 could push boulders that were probably close to that weight.

Speed is also inconsistent. Goku was moving a speeds undetectable to human, even superhuman eyes well before he met king kai. By the Frieza saga every fighter is moving many times beyond the speed of light (contrary to surprisingly popular belief) and yet characters seem to really exert themselves while jogging.

Also how can Bulma have Vegeta's children? One pelvic thrust and his wang would rip straight through her belly. Only someone like 18 has a strong enough box to survive that kind of pounding.

#79 Posted by animecrazy (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy: that fiht happened in 5 mins of real world time dbz fight are drastically slowed down for the viewers but it is confirmed that it took place in 5 min just like master roshi having a entire fight scene in a heart beat

#80 Posted by animecrazy (3 posts) - - Show Bio

the fact is pretty much anyone of the z fighters or villians from the dbz universe are atleast moon busters

#81 Posted by juniorA96758 (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Toriyama never knew express the power of his characters. That’s in part because Dragon Ball was originally a parody of martial arts fighters. Toriyama simply started to improvise when story turned more serious.

But all works have some degree of inconsistency.

#82 Edited by DeviousBastard (136 posts) - - Show Bio

@why_you_mad_tho: The cell thing is in the English dub and Piccolo said the same thing about his regenerative abilities whom Cell inherited his from. This isn't first time Dragon Ball has plot holes like this.

#83 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@animecrazy: With no ramifications for the planet for destroying the moon. I am letting that one slide.

I was told that none of the characters matter because they are time filler. Are you telling me the Kais in all their time. They did not train other heroes for situations like they did for Goku? The gods really suck in that universe

They finally had a new movie that has Birus the God of Destruction that explains the reason the Kais did not do anything.

#84 Edited by Mortein (2888 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my thread so I feel kind of obligated to answer some of its questions

@silvergalford said:

Frieza being so depowered and unconsious survives a planet explosion , Mystic Gohan with more power than frieza and only unconcious died when the planet earth was destroyed.

Energy ball fired by Buu, which exploded and destroyed the Earth, was incomparably more powerful than normal earth busting energy ball. I don't understand why do you keep ignoring that.

"Kid Buu effortlessly fired an earth busting attack, which was easly countered and stoped by Vegeta, who apparently focus it's explosion.

Then Buu, created an energy ball so powerful that both Vegeta (who had access to SSJ2) and Goku (who had excess to SSJ3) were unable to stop.

So the Earth end up destroyed"

Also Gohan was unconscious so he was unable to use ki to boost his durability, even if he even had enough ki left after being absorbed by Buu. We don't know if Frieza was unconscious.

@meh_89 said:

Any fight after Frieza is inconsistent. A simple energy blast should have destroyed the Earth even if it hit the target. Vegeta was able to blow up a whole planet and its moon with no effort....

In Z Goku with a power level of millions is only able to lift 40 tons yet in Dragon Ball with a power level less than 200 could push boulders that were probably close to that weight.

Explosions from energy beams could be focused and concentrated on a smaller areas, as I explained here.

We don't know how powered down Goku was when he was holding those 40T(and how strong he will be depends on how powered up he is), nor do we know what was the gravity of the planet, so we don't know how heavy those 40T were.But even if base Goku can't lift more than 40 T, that still wouldn't be inconsistency, since, as far as I know base Goku (or anyone weaker than him) never did anything that would prove that he can lift more than 40T.

I personally think he can lift more than 40t, and I assume that planet had much larger gravity than the Earth. That would be reasonable to expect since he chose that planet to train on, and we know that prior to this he was already able to train under 100G casually.

@meh_89 said:

Speed is also inconsistent. Goku was moving a speeds undetectable to human, even superhuman eyes well before he met king kai. By the Frieza saga every fighter is moving many times beyond the speed of light (contrary to surprisingly popular belief) and yet characters seem to really exert themselves while jogging.

Also how can Bulma have Vegeta's children? One pelvic thrust and his wang would rip straight through her belly. Only someone like 18 has a strong enough box to survive that kind of pounding.

Well I think, as I explained here, that their combat speed is much better than their travel speed, so that might be answer to your question. Could you show me a scans which you are refering to, so I could give you more specific answer.

I would also like to point out that I'm not saying there are no inconsistencies in DBZ, I just feel that most of those things people consider to be inconsistency are just not well understood things. The amount of inconsistencies in DBZ is certainly not bigger than the amount of inconsistencies in Marvel or DC.

The real problem with DBZ is lack of quantifiable feats, and even those little feats that we get are often poorly and vaguely explained.

#85 Edited by juniorA96758 (49 posts) - - Show Bio

The feats of strength, endurance, speed and destructive power of the DB characters were vague and sometimes incoherent. Toriyama did not care too much about these issues.

#86 Posted by Lvenger (19851 posts) - - Show Bio

As a DBZ fan myself, there were vague, inconsistent portrayals of the character's capabilities. I guess it was down to the whole mentality of the characters getting stronger all the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.