Who is stronger:Gohan or his Dad?

#1 Posted by Brolyz_Bride (3 posts) - - Show Bio

at the end of DBZ they seem even but once you get to GT Goku overpowers

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku was more powerful at the end of Dragonball Z but they were close. GT is crap

#3 Posted by inferiorego (21242 posts) - - Show Bio

find out on animevice!

www.animevice.com

It's comicvine... but for anime

Staff
#4 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"find out on animevice!

www.animevice.com

It's comicvine... but for anime"
Agreed, while DBZ is a comic/manga, you will find more interest for it at Animevice.
#5 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Nobody, Gohan was stronger than Goku at the end of Dragonball Z, Ultimate or Mystic Goha possessed power slightly beyond Super Saiyan 3 Goku, here is why, during the Cell Saga, Goku stated that Gohan is more powerful than him though at that time Gohan wasn't at his potential yet, half human/half saiyans are more powerful than normal saiyans. If you remember when Gohan was beating Super Buu, Piccolo said that Gohan's power level is extremely high and that he wasn't even a Super Saiyan. Elder Kai unlocked Gohan's full potential which made him more powerful than Goku because normal saiyans are weaker than half saiyans/half humans. Though GT messed everything up and made Gohan weaker than Goku once more by dropping his power to Super Saiyan level, I agree GT is crap. I heard that GT had to be cancelled because it didn't possess the "magic" DBZ did.

#6 Posted by The Wondering Spider (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku  was more powerful

Gohan got beat up in Mystic Gohan stage even if it was suppose to be a incredibly powerful alter ego thingy,  he was "as powerful" as a SS3..Yet he was still beat up.. Goku in the other hand got the job done..

Gohan actually got to Goku's level in Cell saga. The problem was that he was too caring and he didn't let go of his full power scare he could hurt someone. Then when he was a bit older in DBZ he turn to a fool, Vegeta said it himself (He was far more powerful when he was a kid)

GT is not even worth talking about... They turn him to a super saiyan! Why? He was as powerful as a SS3 just by powering up! Why would he turn?! It was stupid..

#7 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku could not handle Cell during the Cell Games while when Gohan went SSJ2 he manhandled Cell, Mystic Gohan was defeated because he was too cocky, he's not like Goku, when Goku knows he has the power to defeat an enemy he immediatley goes all out while Gohan decides to show off and become cocky.

#8 Posted by G-w-D (547 posts) - - Show Bio
The Wondering Spider said:
"Goku  was more powerfulGohan got beat up in Mystic Gohan stage even if it was suppose to be a incredibly powerful alter ego thingy,  he was "as powerful" as a SS3..Yet he was still beat up.. Goku in the other hand got the job done.. Gohan actually got to Goku's level in Cell saga. The problem was that he was too caring and he didn't let go of his full power scare he could hurt someone. Then when he was a bit older in DBZ he turn to a fool, Vegeta said it himself (He was far more powerful when he was a kid) GT is not even worth talking about... They turn him to a super saiyan! Why? He was as powerful as a SS3 just by powering up! Why would he turn?! It was stupid.. "
It's been while since i watched the anime even longer the manga

It took The most powerfull form of Buu plus the powers of absorbing SS3 Gotenks and Piccolo to beat Mystic Gohan in a fight, whereas Goku was near equal to Kid Buu the most evil but not the most powerfull.
#9 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theracles said:
" Goku could not handle Cell during the Cell Games while when Gohan went SSJ2 he manhandled Cell, Mystic Gohan was defeated because he was too cocky, he's not like Goku, when Goku knows he has the power to defeat an enemy he immediatley goes all out while Gohan decides to show off and become cocky. "
I know this is old but i need to correct u, gohan wasnt showin off. piccolo even says he's different because he's confident now. when he was a kid he didnt believe in himself the only reason he got beat was because buu got so powerful after he absorbed gotenks and piccolo. gotenks was the one that was cocky and thats why he got absorbe. there's a big differnce between cockyness and confidence.
#10 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
"@Theracles said:
" Goku could not handle Cell during the Cell Games while when Gohan went SSJ2 he manhandled Cell, Mystic Gohan was defeated because he was too cocky, he's not like Goku, when Goku knows he has the power to defeat an enemy he immediatley goes all out while Gohan decides to show off and become cocky. "
I know this is old but i need to correct u, gohan wasnt showin off. piccolo even says he's different because he's confident now. when he was a kid he didnt believe in himself the only reason he got beat was because buu got so powerful after he absorbed gotenks and piccolo. gotenks was the one that was cocky and thats why he got absorbe. there's a big differnce between cockyness and confidence."

I understand that. That was an old post and I know I was incorrect back then. However it is not simply that he was confident he was overconfident which was costed him the fight however he wasn't cocky.
#11 Posted by randumo24 (4655 posts) - - Show Bio

Mystic Gohan definetly stronger than SSJ3 Goku, easily. GT was just crap and doesn't count on this site, as it reall shouldn't in this discussion anywhere.
#12 Posted by spectrum24 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Gohan had more potential than Goku but because he never had the Saiyan thirst for battle he didn't realize his potential until the mystic power-up.
#13 Posted by JackieEstacado (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku is more powerful
#14 Posted by JackieEstacado (132 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody:
GT IS NOT CRAP!!!! NOTHING REMOTELY RELATED TO DRAGON BALL Z OR AKIRA TORIYAMA IS CRAP SO #$@! YOU!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.