Follow

Godzilla

Movie » Godzilla released on May 16, 2014.

Godzilla, the godfather of the kaiju genre, is brought to life in a new take by Legendary Pictures, helmed by Gareth Edwards. The movie is a considered a reboot and re-imagining of the original 1954 film.

Godzilla

• 113 results
    Skulexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@silverpool: Yes. I would have preferred 2 hours of senseless fighting over 10 minutes after having waited through boring, cliche human drama almost the entire movie.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@those_eyes: when they finally got to it. He had the least amount of screen time. People complained that transformers focused too much on the humans...well what was this then? and even during that fight he took punches until he finally got fed up. the describe him as this godly force of nature...godzilla went out of his way to avoid harming humans, he actually stopped moving one point because they were in his way, he took bullets to the face, actually saved the bridge at one point. The whole movie I could imagine him saying "okay guys cut it out really....could you just not...okay yeah knock that shit off it's getting old" they followed him with their fleet for a quarter of the movie. It was a game of cat mouse and bird.

Imo it was an almost perfect movie. I do understand your complaint about the lack of screen time but imo it was well done teasing him. Aswell it has done over 90 million already so I'm sure there will be a sequel which I'm sure will focus more on Godzilla and him fighting.

Red_Robin212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A 3 star movie for me

First 10 & final 20 minutes were excellent but the 90's minutes in between were horrendous, I don't mind Godzilla sightings being kept to a minimum but at least give us some good characters to keep the film going like Jaws, Alien, Super 8 & Cloverfield did, The human characters were DULL except for Bryan Cranston's character but sadly they killed him off way too early.

They could have cut around 20 minutes to keep the pace steady as I felt the 2hr length dragged

Special F-X were great though Godzilla looked awesome as did the MUTO's.

I'd recommend a theater screening just for the final 20 minutes as IMO the home release wouldn't do it justice but be warned it's pretty boring till then.

Overall very disappointing

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Add this movie to my list of must sees.

Vertigo_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plogty: It's refreshing to see that I'm not the only one with this opinion. I personally bought a ticket to see the big guy cause some chaos, but one of my huge gripes was with another tasteless tactic that Hollywood did. Those who went to see the film because of Bryan Cranston got the pointy end of the shaft without lubrication. Talk about cameo's, Cranston was in it just about the same length as Godzilla. And that's just wrong.

Don't even get me started on the idiotic military that used weapons that did more harm than good against the monsters.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Disappointing movie. Should have called Tease-zilla.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got back from seeing this movie.

Human portion of the movie sucked a$$.

Godzilla portion of the movie was awesome.

Avatar image for marvel_dc_heroes_villains
    marvel_dc_heroes_villains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4 stars from me. Everyone bashing the movie for not having enough Godzilla is being stupid. 2 hours of monsters would have got overwhelming and tiresome, not to mention the fact that having them on screen for that long would have been almost impossible, financially. Effects that good do not come cheap. And the effects were amazing, genuinely jaw-dropping (literally at one point for me), with the final 20 minutes being the best possible payoff to the rest of the film (nuclear fire down the throat may prove to be 2014's best death sequence). I also found the human drama to be a cut above most blockbusters, especially when Bryan Cranston was on screen and even when the MUTOs and Godzilla weren't stomping about, the visuals were still great. There were some cliched bits, like the Golden Gate Bridge getting destroyed yet again and the dialogue was a bit naff at points (pretty cringey stuff when someone said 'relax, it's not the end of the world'), but overall it was very well constructed and holy crap did the King himself deliver when he was on screen.

Skulexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saying that it would be too expensive to put more Godzilla scenes in this movie or that it would even make the movie worse is ridiculous. Pacific Rim had WAY more fight scenes in it, and look how well THAT movie did. Look how GOOD that movie was. Not only did it have a lot more fighting in it, but it was perfectly spaced out. One at the beginning, one in the middle (the best IMO), and one at the end. It also had bo staff fighting, a fist fight, a monster battle in a flashback, and a monster battle in Australia and then on TV to keep you entertained between the first two monster battles. What did Godzilla have? You get to follow the exploits of a boring, generic, personality-less military hero for almost the entire movie so you can see a cool fight scene for ten minutes at the end. It teases you the entire movie and then gives little to satisfy you.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
    KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a reboot not a remake.

matanui123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great start to a great franchise.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I actually like the human segments of the movie, I wouldn't have minded seeing more of Godzilla, and the teasing was a little annoying at times. But overall I thought it was a good movie and when we were finally able to see Godzilla cut lose, it was impressive.

Mapuia_Ralte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disappointing movie but not too bad as some people try to make. The human relationship treatment was pretty weak, some of the main characters actually become pretty insignificant to the plot, cutting a Godzilla fight to the aftermath is ok but when it's done multiple times, it becomes totally infuriating.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Just seen it, liked it, far better than the last Godzilla movie!

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a pile of poop! and those who say it was good need to wake up n smell the coffee!! or at least stop smoking you know what!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I originally didn't plan on seeing this, but hearing how much everyone loved it made me change my mind.

... I haven't had this much fun in a movie theater since I saw The Avengers for the first time.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I felt so bad for godzilla during the golden gate bridge scene, like wtf, he wasn't doing anything but helping you. Anyway i really liked the movie, the one thing that would have made it better would be like the only way for humans/godzilla to win would be to work together. Like the flying monster being on godzilla's back while the big one was coming and then a barrage of missiles nails the flying monster in time for godzilla to block the attack.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I enjoyed imagining the monsters with anime samurai-type voices ("Come and face me, Muto." "So, the mighty king has come to reclaim his throne?")

I also loved at the end, where everyone was cheering for Godzilla, recognizing him as their savior.

Rangerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingStandup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I absolutely loved this movie! I saw it twice already and it isn't enough! The M.U.T.O. designs were brilliant, although I too will acknowledge that the creators definitely borrowed features from the Cloverfield monster and Orga. But, there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I would rate the M.U.T.O. among my favorite Kaiju. At some points, I felt like I wasn't really watching a Godzilla movie. But, that too, isn't necessarily a bad thing; that just means the movie took me to a place I wasn't expecting and ultimately, that's why we go see movies in the first place, right? I can't wait to see this again and I'm looking forward to a sequel!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.