Follow

Godzilla

Character » Godzilla appears in 422 issues.

The king of the monsters. He is mankind's greatest ally and enemy. Quite possibly the most unpredictable force on the face of the planet.

Q: How strong would Godzilla be if ? . . . .

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathGorath444

I was wondering in the Showa days Godzilla was disturbed from a hydrogen bomb & awoke & in the Heisei era he became more powerful because he absorbed a Nucular Sub energies instead of the Hydrogen Bomb & in the Millennium era it was much the same to the Showa era.

But my question what if the Godzillasaurus had instead absorbed or had been radiated from the energy of the Tsar Bomb? How much stronger & taller would he be, Is there perhaps a Godzilla expert on comicvine who could answer this?

Tsar Bomb Info - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMYYEsKvHvk

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kyrees

the nuke test that godzillasaurus was caught in is called castle bravo in real life and it wielded 15 megatons of TNT. tsar bomba wielded out at 50-58 megatons of TNT. tsar bomba godzilla would be approximately 3x to 4x taller and stronger than castle bravo godzilla.

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: oh, well if the castle bravo was 84-89 godzilla how much Taller would he be compared to 91-95 godzilla?, how many times taller was 91 compared to 84?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kyrees

@deathgorath444: castle bravo godzilla is 80 meters in height. 91-95 godzilla is 100 meters in height so that's about a difference of 20 meters

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: so by 80 meters when you say he would be 3x to 4x would each 1x = 80 meters, cause if so that would mean Tsar Godzilla would be 320 meters tall!, Would this make him taller than 2014 Godzilla, I remember seeing a height chart on all of godzilla's incarnations & it had 2014 way taller than Heisei but I forgot the exact meters tho?

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
    KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KaijuKingGojira
    No Caption Provided

He'd be bigger than Godzilla 2014's potential scale.

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathGorath444

@kaijukinggojira: @kyrees: then if Im correct and he would be 320 meters wouldn't that make him around the same height almost as the empire state building? Has there ever been a Kaiju that big before?

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: @kyrees: then if Im correct and he would be 320 meters wouldn't that make him around the same height almost as the empire state building? Has there ever been a Kaiju that big before?

No Caption Provided

Maybe Dogora.

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: OHH!, Sir I must ask what film is that from & if you recommend it because to me it looks cool?

Also I just though about it but wasn't the Cloverfield monster also around 300 ft tall?

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@deathgorath444 said:

@kaijukinggojira: OHH!, Sir I must ask what film is that from & if you recommend it because to me it looks cool?

Also I just though about it but wasn't the Cloverfield monster also around 300 ft tall?

The film is called Dogora.I haven't actually watched it but I did see the Trailer,from what I've seen the movie seems like it has more cop action then monster battles.

The Cloverfield monsrter was probably that long but he could'nt stand at that hieght. Showa Godzilla actually stands higher than he does.

But it could potentially get longer then that because it seems like a young adult,not really a baby.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: Woah where's that pic from? And as far as inaccurately do you mean Tsar Godzilla? Cause from what Kyrees said he stated that if Godzilla where to get hit from the Tsar Bomb instead of the Castle Bravo then he would become 3x to 4x bigger & stronger. So if Godzilla 84 = Castle Bravo which made him 80 meters, Then 80 x 4 = 320 meters which = Tsar Godzilla so that is what I based it off. Unless I'm missing something that you can find?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kyrees

@deathgorath444: the thing with old kaiju films is that its hard to make scale model to match that size. so instead they superimpose images so you get those scenes.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: do we count ultraman movies ? because there is a kaiju there are so big godzilla would just be a finger to them.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@kyrees: I do recall 2 monsters and Ukillasaurus there's too many monsters in the Ultraman series to recall that just dwarf Godzilla.I haven't watched it in years but I do recall Ultraman Zero fighting an amalgamation of Kaiju before.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: i'm talking about this guy.

Loading Video...

do we discount him because he's made up of nearly all the monsters from the ultraman series ?

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: That's what I meant when I said "amalgamation of monsters" and we do count him because he was. Since they were all linked to one mind and performing actions by the will of something else then we can technically count it.

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira & Kyrees: didn't Godzilla help Ultraman before? if so wouldn't they be consider to be in the same universe? if so then that monster counts more than clover does.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KaijuKingGojira
    @deathgorath444 said:

@kaijukinggojira & Kyrees: didn't Godzilla help Ultraman before? if so wouldn't they be consider to be in the same universe? if so then that monster counts more than clover does.

No.He fought Jirass who was just a reused Godzilla suit.

No Caption Provided

He did however help Zone Fighter.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

There was also this in a manga but it's non canon.And all the Ultramen products are canon.

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DeathGorath444

@kaijukinggojira: No wonder, I confused Zone Fighter for Ultraman, Damm those robo fighters always look the same in some shape or form, Like giant Power/Sentai Rangers! lol

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathgorath444: sentai came first. saban just copied them and turned them into power rangers

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KaijuKingGojira
    DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DeathGorath444
    KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KaijuKingGojira
    DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DeathGorath444

@kaijukinggojira: Jeez is that a city below that mountain? cause if it is then they look extremely tiny compare to Godzilla, I know he was the tallest in the Heisei series but not that tall, From the pic it looks like he may be even a bit bigger than Tsar Godzilla lol

Shen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not asking about his height here. I'm more interested in Godzilla's pure muscular power, based not on his size, but on

• tensile strength and contraction rate of his muscles
    • his bone density
    • his atomic powered structure.

Let me explain. It's my theory that Godzilla is actually a being of enhanced strength, not merely strong because he's a giant kaiju. Much like how Peter Parker is an ordinary sized guy, but is able to lift upwards of 10 tons (WAY beyond what the normal muscle capacity for one his size SHOULD be), I think, or rather, theorize that the King of All Monsters actually hassuper strength that goes beyond his sheer musculature and size. I'm trying to ascertain just HOW MUCH that is, though. See, it would be FAIR to consider GZ can lift and toss creatures of comparable size to himself, especially if he's strong enough to move his own massive body-weight through space. I believe, however, that his strength extends even beyond that, in no small part due to the massive amounts of atomic radiation powering his frame.

A better comparative, though, might be Wolverine instead of Spiderman; Logan IS tough, I'm sure in no small part due to his mutation allowing his cells to regenerate stronger immediately after injury. This has limits, though. What really should add to Logan's strength is the fact that he is moving around constantly with no less than an extra 150 lbs of metal on his bones! For Wolvie to be able to move as inhumanly quick as he does with all that load, he'd have to have muscles that fire off explosively rather easily. I'm using circumstantial evidence from the 1992 X-Men cartoon: in one episode where Logan is working with a tribe of Inuit people, he easily lifts two bales of fish that should weigh no less than 60 lbs [educated guess from relative size of baskets, compared to actual examples of such baskets used each and swings them overhead like he was carrying picnic baskets. A female then says of him "The stranger has the strength of a polar bear!" In other episodes, we see Sabertooth, a mutant with essentially the exact same mutation as Logan but no metal bones, effortlessly tossing cars to the side. Now mind you, Sabertooth is physically bigger than Wolverine, with more muscle mass, but he STILL would need to posses enhanced strength to toss cars as he does.

Since their mutations are so similar, I'm guessing Wolverine has a degree of this strength, too, but his is even more pronounced due to his adamantium skeleton. What makes it even odder is that, even with his heavier bones, Sabertooth has shown to be still physically stronger than Wolverine. This is somewhat funny, considering , by all accounts, Spiderman, for his lighter body frame and smaller size, is actually stronger than Sabertooth. But then, Peter's strength has been attributed partly to his muscles's developing a contraction rate like that of a Spider, and partly to the radiation enhancing the tensile strength of his muscle fibers/powering his body itself.

How does this relate to DZ?

Well, to simplify: I'm arguing here that if Godzilla was , say, the size of a bear, he'd naturally have the strength of a creature with the muscle mass of a bear, and THEN some! How much more, i don't know; considering his radiation levels are miles above that of Spiderman, if he were bear size, he'd probably be able to lift at LEAST 5 times the amount of weight Peter can, which would put him at 50,000+ tons if he were comparable to Man-size. Now, there are variables here; I'm not exactly sure how much weight a bear can lift, so its all speculation. Also, this is being considered for the stated size; it has to be altered to fit his TRUE bulk. Given that GZ has been sighted as weighing 90,000 tons, and we've SEEN him throw an opponent weighting 100,000 tons what HAS to amount to several city blocks, if not a few miles, we can assume that his base strength fr a creature his size is MORE than enough to effortlessly move his own weight around. His muscles ARE adapted to moving him fluidly, and that atomiic power should account for some type of musculature boost.

Anyone have any formula or viable way we can make an educated guess as to this monster's true capacity?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.