Follow

Godzilla

Character » Godzilla appears in 422 issues.

The king of the monsters. He is mankind's greatest ally and enemy. Quite possibly the most unpredictable force on the face of the planet.

Is it possible for any comic character to beat Godzilla?

• 174 results
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DEADPOOL

This icon is not only 330 feet tall, but it weighs 60,000 tons... not pounds, tons! I'd assume that he's strong enough to lift his own weight, seeing as it doesn't inhibit his movements. But how much stronger is he? 70,000 tons? 120,000 tons?

The only things that are able to harm Godzilla are other monsters roughly his own size.

The army's weapons, no matter how extraodinary, have posed almost no threat to him.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
    Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Captain Cascader

He's pretty dumb though. Who couldn't beat godzilla?

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Haven't the Fantastic Four made a name for themselves fighting monsters almost exactly like Godzilla?

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEADPOOL

The only characters that could beat Godzilla, to me, are cosmic entities like Living Tribunal, Galactus, Silver Surfer. As for non cosmic entities, I'd go with Captain Atom.

Captain Cascader says:

"He's pretty dumb though. Who couldn't beat godzilla?"

...In a game of scrabble?

Ebony Bishop says:

"Haven't the Fantastic Four made a name for themselves fighting monsters almost exactly like Godzilla?"

You mean like Galactus? There's usually a deus ex machina in work to beat him.
    Post Edited:2006-12-22 10:14:54

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Hulk would do it I think. Godzilla's breath would only power Hulk since it's just a blast of radiation. And if the Hulk couldn't do it, Banner could. Godzilla's been defeated by a scientist before and I think Banner could do it, if he had time of course, not in a straight up fight.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ebony Bishop

I think the big problem is inconsistency. Every iteration of Godzilla has had a different set of defining characteristics. They've given him weaknesses and then ignored them later. Say what you will about the hackneyed idea of kryptonite, but at least they're consistent about using it.

Godzilla has been shown both to have a weakness to electricity, and then in subsequent movies, to actually gain power from it. He's been shown to be vulnerable in certain areas of his body, and then in the next movie, that problems been fixed.

I don't think bad writing should be synonymous with "indestructible". I bet a determined GL could take him out. Myabe Ion...can't he destroy a planet? Or Gladiator, who is infinitely strong if he believes himself to be? Or ANY telepath, who could fry his brain?

Mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mind

Charles Barkley

Kaiho13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Kaiho13

imagine that .....

Iceman goes near Godzila and frezes his body fluids ..... end of story.

Cable uses his telekinesis and blocks Godzilas blood flow to the brain ... end of story.

Human torch goes near Godzila and puts fire on his pretty fur ... end of story in agonizing pain.

Magneto moves a finger .... end of story ....

should i go on ?

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEADPOOL

Ebony Bishop says:

"I think the big problem is inconsistency. Every iteration of Godzilla has had a different set of defining characteristics. They've given him weaknesses and then ignored them later. Say what you will about the hackneyed idea of kryptonite, but at least they're consistent about using it.Godzilla has been shown both to have a weakness to electricity, and then in subsequent movies, to actually gain power from it. He's been shown to be vulnerable in certain areas of his body, and then in the next movie, that problems been fixed."

Godzilla must have the ability to adapt and overcome, like Doomsday.

Kaiho13 says:

"imagine that .....Iceman goes near Godzila and frezes his body fluids ..... end of story.Cable uses his telekinesis and blocks Godzilas blood flow to the brain ... end of story.Human torch goes near Godzila and puts fire on his pretty fur ... end of story in agonizing pain.Magneto moves a finger .... end of story ....should i go on ?"

I said beat, not kill... besides, Cable doesn't have telekinesis and Godzilla has scales capable of resisting the greatest extremes of heat and cold.

Anyway, If Godzilla doesn't step on them, he'll annihilate them with his nuclear breath or fart and kill them all with radiation poisoning. hahaha.

Post Edited:2006-12-22 19:59:45

Teh_Exploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Teh_Exploder

Godzila could be overcome who could use their powers to hurt him without going in close proximity to him.

valinorbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By valinorbob

Thor could do it. The Midgard serpent is magnitudes larger and tougher than Godzilla, and Thor flat out EXPLODED his head.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEADPOOL

Thor only really had a chance against the Midgard Serpent because Hela cursed Thor with immortality at the time. The Midgard Serpent was destined to eat Thor during every Ragnarok.

Post Edited:2006-12-22 22:18:18

valinorbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By valinorbob

Technically, he was destined to kill the serpent and then die from the poisonous fumes released by the body...

I'm pretty sure he could just use the earth's magnetic field to power a blast from Mjolnir like he did against a Celestial, that would destroy anything less than a fully cosmic being(like Celestials, Galactus, etc.).

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEADPOOL

valinorbob says:

"Technically, he was destined to kill the serpent and then die from the poisonous fumes released by the body..."

Oh yeah, Fenrir is supposed to eat Odin.

venomjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By venomjr

In my opinion only monsters roughly his size could take him out. Like say King Ghidorah or Mechagodzilla. But what do I know, I'm just a diehard G-fan.

Liverwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Liverwurst

I think Molecule Man could do it at full power and Docter Strange could send him to another dimension or something. Actually the list goes on and on.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Not to brandish the ever-lovin' Alpha Flight love again, but Marrina, in her Leviathan form, took direct hits from Thor and Quasar and shrugged them off. I'd put my money on her -- if she wasn't dead and all.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By fesak  Moderator  Online

Blink easily. She defeated Ego the living planet.

Wolf - Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolf - Warrior

I think some could but theyd need to team up heres an example Hulk The thing And Super Man Could knock the crap out of Godzilla!

Avatar image for dark_lord_sturm
    Dark_Lord_Sturm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dark_Lord_Sturm

Not all incarnations of godzilla are dumb the showa one is just as smart if not smarter than humans . If your talking about the GMK or Kiryu godzilla yeah they are as dumb as a doormat . As for Hesei gojji he has Fairly good intellect (although he is stubborn) . G2K is quite smart infact he figured out the way to kill orga (since attacks from the outside were proving useless as orga just healed them in 1 second or less). GXM godzilla is as intelligent as the Showa godzilla he figured out how to catch a giant bug that was moving at mach 5. Final war godzilla is Very intelligent (he caught on to his enemies's strategy very quickly for example komunga was shooting a bunch of webs at goji in an attempt to suffocate him when komunga's web missed and got stuck near goji's arm he caught it and hammer tossed komunga into orbit) And for the comic one well he is kind of slow witted. As for which comic charecter that can beat Godzilla to defeat showa godzilla is impossible he pulls powers out of thin air on a fight to fight basis couple that in with his hyper fast regen his enourmous amounts of strength plus his human level intellect make him all but unbeatable oh and electricity makes him more powerful . For hesei goji well he heals pretty much all wounds faster than you can make them and he is one good shot with his beam and his nuclear pulse can obliterate all who are in a 500 meter radius of him plus when he dies A. he explodes with more force than the big bang B. he melts down creating so much radiation that he renders at least a city the size of tokyo uninhabitable forever (even for something like the hulk or abomination or a cockroach the radiation is so great it will overload them) . G2K godzilla well his beam has 7 times the energy of hesei goji's beam which has 340 gigawatts worth's of energy (that's more energy than a fusion power plant can make in a day) and has some of the fastest regen I have ever seen surpassing even hesei goji's regen in speed and effeciancy and he is a master at H2H combat and a very brutal combatant . For GXM goji well he has enough strength to easily defy the pull of a black hole (take that law's of physics) and his beam can slow down a falling black hole (once more take that law's of physics) he can accelerate to 300 kmph in 0.7149 seconds (I used a digital stop watch to see how quickly he got to that speed) scary isn't it . For GMK well no spiritual energy or radiation attack works on him in fact it makes him stronger (when ghidorah bombarded him with his spirit energy bomb's that had so much power one wiped out a entire port instantly GMK goji just stood there and soaked up the blasts like a sponge and used the energy to charge for one hell of a powerful beam and if you don't know why radiation would make him stronger than shame on you) and he's got enourmous battle cunning (not to be confused with actual intelligence)and he has an explosive atomic beam as opposed to a pin point beam oh and he isn't just brutal he is downright bloodthirsty and won't stop until humanity is completely destroyed . Kiryu godzilla well let's see he survived being hit with three beams each one being at absolute zero and came out without any serious injuries (though he did have a scar it was nowhere near life threatening) and he can survive an explosion with enough force to destroy evreything within a 10 city block radius (mothra shot her explosive/reflective pollen to deflect his beam at him and consume him in a fiery explosion he survived without a scratch though he was very , very , very POed) and he is quite brutal . And last but not least Final war godzilla after all he is the most powerful of all the godzilla incarnation's for example he has more than enough strength to toss a 30,000 ton arachnid into high orbit , he can percisely hit a 6.32 km meteor that's 5 times farther than the moon (though the meteor was a neutron star and it was carrying monster-x so it got all the way but still he almost stoped a freaking neutron star that was moving at 367,921 kmph) and when the blamed thing hit him he just stood in ground and point zero and he didn't feel a thing (not one scratch at all he was completely unharmed) he also has the agility to send zilla (who jumped at him at 680 kmph) flying into the sydney opera house while they did there 15 second fight (that's pretty much the length of all but the 3rd and the final one and the third one only because there were 3 rather strong monsters he had to fight all at once though he disposed of them rather easily and in a 2 minute span) and when he get's charged (by ozaki a keizer) he gains infinite energy and power (he sent the 100,000 ton keizer ghidorah 50,000,000km into space with his hyper spiral beam in just 5 seconds and when keizer ghidorah's 5 second ride came to an end he exploded with so much brightness it got a -100 on the absolute magnitude scale and a -100,000,000 on the apparent magnitude and for physical strength he sent him out of our atmosphere with just a throw before he hit ghidorah with the beam and before that he was tossing him around like a peice of paper and when he is charged he is called keizer godzilla and when you try to drain his energy when he is keizer charged you'll get a deadly surge of power that could probably at the very least and force keizer ghidorah to let go and paralyze him for a bit incapitate the living tribunal and below and kill galactus and below and his normal beams can now blow of a being as durable as keizer ghidorah's head off 20 meters at a time) so most of the movie godzilla's can't be beaten by nearly any of the comic book charecters in existance and no one can possibly defeat keizer godzilla. OMG this is one hell of a long post!
    Post Edited:2007-05-27 13:55:46

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By The WeatherMan

Batman.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DEADPOOL

Thank you, Lord Sturm. Godzilla owns ass.

Post Edited:2007-05-27 16:24:38

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By speed

Photon says:

"Batman. 1"

yeah okay

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Sparda

Yeah, it's possible. Some high-level psychics. Hulk couldn't, Thor MIGHT be able to, FF prob couldn't. The biggest (pun intended) problem with G is that when he dies, he explodes powerful enough to destroy the planet. I mean, unless you're suicidal, you're pretty much screwed.

Hagane Enna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hagane Enna

Chuck Norris can

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vrakmul

Unicron can so kick Godzilla's ass.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By Sparda

Unicron would kill him. Then would die in the explosion.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vrakmul

Sparda says:

"Unicron would kill him. Then would die in the explosion."

Unicron has survived exploding planets before. In fact he survived 5 minute bombardment from hundreds of thousands of ship each of which could obliterate a mile in diameter asteroid in one shot.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By zee crusher

Easy thor can not just cause hes my favorite hero althugh thor and godzilla can roughly lift the same thor were to actually use all his powers hed win surtur the fire demon can godzillas 100ft surturs over 1000ft and hes hit tings coming at him at over 3 times the speed of light hes also equal to thor and the odin force

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gottheit

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." ... "In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

It seemed to be a sort of monster, or symbol representing a monster, of a form which only a diseased fancy could conceive. If I say that my somewhat extravagant imagination yielded simultaneous pictures of an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature, I shall not be unfaithful to the spirit of the thing. A pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque and scaly body with rudimentary wings; but it was the general outline of the whole which made it most shockingly frightful. And surely no Japanese Lizard could even worry such a figure so great and horrible...

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Phorqe

Grimlock!

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vrakmul

Galvatron, Shockwave, Optimus prime, Devastator, Movie brawl just look at all of his guns.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Valkaad

DEADPOOL says:

"Thor only really had a chance against the Midgard Serpent because Hela cursed Thor with immortality at the time. The Midgard Serpent was destined to eat Thor during every Ragnarok.
    Post Edited:2006-12-22 22:18:18"

He was also given brittle bones which severly weakened him. I think hela's curse was just that, a curse.

Gladiator could beat him. Fly right through him at close to light speed.

Tek Pa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34  Edited By Tek Pa

Stark Enterprises designed the Red Ronin for that purpose, to battle Godzilla, which was a comic back in the 70's

Post Edited:2007-07-17 03:51:08
    Post Edited:2007-07-17 03:51:30

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zee crusher

Valkaad says:

"DEADPOOL says:
    "Thor only really had a chance against the Midgard Serpent because Hela cursed Thor with immortality at the time. The Midgard Serpent was destined to eat Thor during every Ragnarok.
    Post Edited:2006-12-22 22:18:18"
    He was also given brittle bones which severly weakened him. I think hela's curse was just that, a curse. Gladiator could beat him. Fly right through him at close to light speed. "

Thors bone only became brittle because he used all hsi srength and all the magic in the enchanted hammer to slam it with so much force it back fired on him as well he was suposed to get poisioned but he never did also about the gladiator that would basically be liek gladiator commiting suicide heres why thors can thor hsi hammer and fly 3 times the speed of light is gldiator flies at the speed of light hed easily bee seen also In other words, let us assume that a Marvel character like Gladiator, who can’t possibly defeat Thor from a distance, decides to use super-speed on him, he might just as well be committing suicide- considering how dangerously powerful Thor’s hammer truly is, plus the hammer could reach velocity that exceeds well-above the speed of light. The Kinetic effect would be UTTERLY devastating. Picture an object that weights practically thousands of tons (The Hulk couldn’t even budge the hammer when he tried to lifted using the Full strength of both his arms, and the people of Pangoria’s mightiest Cranes couldn’t budge it either) whirling at fantastic speed and striking someone, or something coming at incredible speed as well; to put it simply (considering the latter), whatever the hammer hits, it DESTROYS.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rotten gun

didn't king kong whoop his ass? if not he should of... its such a dumb character

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vrakmul

Rotten gun says:

"didn't king kong whoop his ass? if not he should of... its such a dumb character"

Hey I still like godzilla I'm just not deluded over him any more. And king kong only tied with godzilla because he was uber sized and made way more powerfull than normal. But still Shockwave would enslave Godzilla and use him for whatever he pleases.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rotten gun

Megaguirus says:

"Rotten gun says:
    "didn't king kong whoop his ass? if not he should of... its such a dumb character"
    Hey I still like godzilla I'm just not deluded over him any more. And king kong only tied with godzilla because he was uber sized and made way more powerfull than normal. But still Shockwave would enslave Godzilla and use him for whatever he pleases."

wouldn't a giant sized raptor claen him up?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vrakmul

Um no Godzilla has the best regeneration known to man. Any damage done would simply heal in seconds and that the current Godzilla incarnation has been given infinite power due to uber chargeing.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rotten gun

oh ok

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vrakmul

I didn't like the infinite power dicision it was overkill for poor old Keizer Ghidorah. Godzilla started to lose the fight then was kiled via energy drain then bam! Ressed with infinite power and kicks Ghid's ass so hard it's not funny then he tossed Ghidy into space and destroyed him with the hyper spiral ray. Such a lame and cheap way to win.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Valkaad

Hey ZEE All of your "facts" are wrong. If I may make a suggestion, quit using wikipedia to get your information and start reading comics and comicvine!!! NOW to your points of incorrectness:

You said, "THors bones only became brittle because he used all hsi srength and all the magic in the enchanted hammer to slam it with so much force it back fired on him"

WRONG: Hela CURSED him with Brittle bones it had nothing to do with him slamming his hammer into the ground. I have ever Walt Simonson Thor so I should know why his bones were brittle.

You said, "the gladiator that would basically be liek gladiator commiting suicide heres why thors can thor hsi hammer and fly 3 times the speed of light is gldiator flies at the speed of light": WRONG: Gladiator can enter hyperspace and travel way faster than "just" the speed of light (also where did you get that Thor can fly at 3 times the speed of light, Wikipedia?

You also said, "Picture an object that weights practically thousands of tons (The Hulk couldn’t even budge the hammer when he tried to lifted using the Full strength of both his arms, and the people of Pangoria’s mightiest Cranes couldn’t budge it either)" LUDICROUS: The Hammer isn't that heavy, it can only be lifted by people who are worthy!! Strength level has absolutely NOTHING to do with it the HULK wasn't worthy and the crane wasn't worthy!!! Captain America can only lift 800lbs and he was able to lift the hammer, If my 2 year old niece were worthy enough to lift the Hammer she could.

Lastly, we are talking about beating Godzilla I meant Gladiator could beat Godzilla by flying at him at light speed!
    Post Edited:2007-07-17 14:00:11
    Post Edited:2007-07-17 14:02:50

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Valkaad

Surfer could blast him into dino-nuggets

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Vrakmul

Current godzilla would be unstoppable but lets not use the infinitely powerful jerk. Cybertronian megatron can beat godzilla as he has more advance weapons than any on earth and has so many weapons on his body that it's not funny. Shockwave can because of his extreme intellect and unbeatable logic he would figure out how to enslave Godzilla and use him as his or weapon of mass destruction.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Valkaad

Valkaad says:

"Hey ZEEAll of your "facts" are wrong. If I may make a suggestion, quit using wikipedia to get your information and start reading comics and comicvine!!! NOW to your points of incorrectness: You said, "THors bones only became brittle because he used all hsi srength and all the magic in the enchanted hammer to slam it with so much force it back fired on him" WRONG: Hela CURSED him with Brittle bones it had nothing to do with him slamming his hammer into the ground. I have ever Walt Simonson Thor so I should know why his bones were brittle. You said, "the gladiator that would basically be liek gladiator commiting suicide heres why thors can thor hsi hammer and fly 3 times the speed of light is gldiator flies at the speed of light": WRONG: Gladiator can enter hyperspace and travel way faster than "just" the speed of light (also where did you get that Thor can fly at 3 times the speed of light, Wikipedia? You also said, "Picture an object that weights practically thousands of tons (The Hulk couldn’t even budge the hammer when he tried to lifted using the Full strength of both his arms, and the people of Pangoria’s mightiest Cranes couldn’t budge it either)" LUDICROUS: The Hammer isn't that heavy, it can only be lifted by people who are worthy!! Strength level has absolutely NOTHING to do with it the HULK wasn't worthy and the crane wasn't worthy!!! Captain America can only lift 800lbs and he was able to lift the hammer, If my 2 year old niece were worthy enough to lift the Hammer she could. Lastly, we are talking about beating Godzilla I meant Gladiator could beat Godzilla by flying at him at light speed!
    Post Edited:2007-07-17 14:00:11
    Post Edited:2007-07-17 14:02:50"
    Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Vrakmul

What's the qouting yourself for?

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lantern Prime

Megaguirus says:

"What's the qouting yourself for?"

No TF except for Unicron can kill Godzilla (except for the Marvel version)! Godzilla is too powerful for alot of Comic boook characters!

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Satyrquaze

Surfer and Thor have both destroyed one of Set's heads, either of them could kill Godzilla.

Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Superkitty

Since Godzilla was in some comic book, the comic one could fight the movie one.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50  Edited By The_Ghostshell

A better questioned would be can Godzilla beat any comic character. And the answer is no.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.