if marvel made a new godzilla comic series

#1 Posted by cosmos (8 posts) - - Show Bio

i wish marvel wood make a new godzilla comic series, the villians cood be fing fang foom, googam, gorgilla, elektro, tim boo ba, and giganto.

#2 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

cosmos says:

"i wish marvel wood make a new godzilla comic series, the villians cood be fing fang foom, googam, gorgilla, elektro, tim boo ba, and giganto."

You know, I agree with this. A new Godzilla series, but it's outside of regular comics-it's another reality, where his enemies are different. For instance, Electro would be a giant electricity controlling robot created by the US government to put down Godzilla. Fin Fang Foom could be like King Ghidora, a common enemy for Godzilla, and characters like Devil Dinosaur are just the occasional random monster Godzilla beats up. As strange as it sounds, I think that they could do it in a Ultimate-esque way, with it straining more realism, yet keeping Godzilla the way that he is, perhaps with a slight redesign.

#3 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally agree. Marvel needs to do comics for characters from other companies once more.

#4 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

if marvel made a new godzilla comic series it would suck as much as the first one? youre supposed to finish the sentence right?

#5 Posted by ElusiveStorm (2772 posts) - - Show Bio

no apparation, just thinking possibilities.

They should put back in Mecha Godzilla as a villain, King Kong as the Dummy, and Mothra as the pest.

They should make a Godzilla comedy comic

#6 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

The first one did not suck. Well you have a different opinion then mine so you are entitled to it.

#7 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"The first one did not suck. Well you have a different opinion then mine so you are entitled to it. "

oh scrin i was just teasing anyway. i just read a couple of them and they had shield in them for some reason. and godzilla was shrunk down the the size of a man... it was just cheezy. but i'm sure most of them were great.

#8 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

ElusiveStorm says:

"no apparation, just thinking possibilities. They should put back in Mecha Godzilla as a villain, King Kong as the Dummy, and Mothra as the pest. They should make a Godzilla comedy comic"

you wouldnt rather they made it serious es?

#9 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84631 posts) - - Show Bio

How come all Japanese people run away from Godzilla in the same direction?

Moderator
#10 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

thats a good question

#11 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"How come all Japanese people run away from Godzilla in the same direction?"

Because they don't know any other direction.

#12 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10075 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"How come all Japanese people run away from Godzilla in the same direction?"

Youve asked that question before :P

#13 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we change Godzilla's back story and have him start off as a poor kid from the projects, who has to sell drugs to buy his baby brother milk because his mom lost her leg from diabetes and his dad is blind and makes money as a street performer guessing people's weight by shaking their hand?

#14 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Phorqe says:

"Can we change Godzilla's back story and have him start off as a poor kid from the projects, who has to sell drugs to buy his baby brother milk because his mom lost her leg from diabetes and his dad is blind and makes money as a street performer guessing people's weight by shaking their hand?"

Hmmmmm......how about....

NO!

====

#15 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84631 posts) - - Show Bio

Akira Overdrive says:

"Gambler says:
"How come all Japanese people run away from Godzilla in the same direction?"

Youve asked that question before :P"

And I've never gotten an answer. Split up people, it cant hurt anything :P

Moderator
#16 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#17 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Phorqe says:
"Can we change Godzilla's back story and have him start off as a poor kid from the projects, who has to sell drugs to buy his baby brother milk because his mom lost her leg from diabetes and his dad is blind and makes money as a street performer guessing people's weight by shaking their hand?"

Hmmmmm......how about....

NO!

===="

Why not? I think it would make people relate to the character more.

#18 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Phorqe says:

"Sparda says:
"Phorqe says:
"Can we change Godzilla's back story and have him start off as a poor kid from the projects, who has to sell drugs to buy his baby brother milk because his mom lost her leg from diabetes and his dad is blind and makes money as a street performer guessing people's weight by shaking their hand?"

Hmmmmm......how about....

NO!

===="

Why not? I think it would make people relate to the character more."

Well, that is a good point....

#19 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wouldn't be surprised if someone pitched that in a marketing meeting.

#20 Posted by ElusiveStorm (2772 posts) - - Show Bio

well apparation ive seen too many serious godzilla movies, 25 to be exact and Godzilla needs a new fresh thing like this:

#21 Posted by Deadly (72 posts) - - Show Bio

MAN that wuold be GREAT for MARVEL to make a another GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS comic.

I buy it.

#22 Posted by poop flinger (13 posts) - - Show Bio

they should get the kraken to be a villan orat least battle godzilla once thatwould be awesome

#23 Posted by cosmos (8 posts) - - Show Bio

well if they do make one or if a fan sends marvel a letter then they wood probly make it.

wate.godzilla showed up in mighty avengers 1#

#24 Posted by cosmos (8 posts) - - Show Bio

well if they do make one or if a fan sends marvel a letter then they wood probly make it.

wate.godzilla showed up in mighty avengers 1#

#25 Posted by bar-shin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a GODZILLA 2099

#26 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"

How come all Japanese people run away from Godzilla in the same direction?

"
LMAO!
#27 Edited by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla would be a great character to reserect for Marvel. However, he may prove a little too powerful for any of the heroes or villians. However... I'd love to see Godzilla brought back into the Marvel Universe as the ONE threat no one can stop! LONG LIVE THE KING OF MONSTERS! LONG LIVE 'THE UNSTOPPABLE GODZILLA'!

Dark Reign just got darker... The Return of the King!

#28 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"

Phorqe says:

"Sparda says:
"Phorqe says:
"Can we change Godzilla's back story and have him start off as a poor kid from the projects, who has to sell drugs to buy his baby brother milk because his mom lost her leg from diabetes and his dad is blind and makes money as a street performer guessing people's weight by shaking their hand?"

Hmmmmm......how about....

NO!

===="

Why not? I think it would make people relate to the character more."

Well, that is a good point....

"
I personally think Godzilla should be more introduced as an unstoppable threat, similar to his GMK counterpart. A manifestation of those spirits who have died in war or unjustly that have been forgoten and is a manifestation of them taking out their agressions against mankind. Making him a total unstoppable monster that first appears as the main enemy in a four part crossover even before getting his own comic with Devil Dinosaur, Mole Man's monsters, the Dark Avengers, HAMMER and figures like Mephisto as his enemies.
#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla is a waste of paper.

Moderator
#30 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Horse's run on Godzilla was really great because they uncerstood the character and infact created some serious opponents for him (partly making up new ones, partly stealing from old ones). I rather want to see Godzilla back in a comic like this than see him reintroduced into the arvel universe where he certainly doesn't belong. Even the Hulk would have no chance against him, let alone people like Thor.

Give him his own universe with a decent storyline where he is not a hero or a villain but just a force of nature, an animal on the hunt for food and roaming the world. DH's Godzilla was not evil, he simply WAS. You could almost say they had a deep interpretation of him if that is possible for an animal. Don't mess that up by putting him up against people like G.I.Antman (and you all know this would come) or some giant sized Venom. Or even worse a real sized Ares against Godzilla because Norman wants to control this big walking weapon of nuclear mass destruction.

One thing that I'd like to see though is a rematch FF vs. Godzilla.

#31 Edited by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"Dark Horse's run on Godzilla was really great because they uncerstood the character and infact created some serious opponents for him (partly making up new ones, partly stealing from old ones). I rather want to see Godzilla back in a comic like this than see him reintroduced into the arvel universe where he certainly doesn't belong. Even the Hulk would have no chance against him, let alone people like Thor. Give him his own universe with a decent storyline where he is not a hero or a villain but just a force of nature, an animal on the hunt for food and roaming the world. DH's Godzilla was not evil, he simply WAS. You could almost say they had a deep interpretation of him if that is possible for an animal. Don't mess that up by putting him up against people like G.I.Antman (and you all know this would come) or some giant sized Venom. Or even worse a real sized Ares against Godzilla because Norman wants to control this big walking weapon of nuclear mass destruction. One thing that I'd like to see though is a rematch FF vs. Godzilla."
FF? you mean final fantasy right?
#32 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio
Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"Dark Horse's run on Godzilla was really great because they uncerstood the character and infact created some serious opponents for him (partly making up new ones, partly stealing from old ones). I rather want to see Godzilla back in a comic like this than see him reintroduced into the arvel universe where he certainly doesn't belong. Even the Hulk would have no chance against him, let alone people like Thor. Give him his own universe with a decent storyline where he is not a hero or a villain but just a force of nature, an animal on the hunt for food and roaming the world. DH's Godzilla was not evil, he simply WAS. You could almost say they had a deep interpretation of him if that is possible for an animal. Don't mess that up by putting him up against people like G.I.Antman (and you all know this would come) or some giant sized Venom. Or even worse a real sized Ares against Godzilla because Norman wants to control this big walking weapon of nuclear mass destruction. One thing that I'd like to see though is a rematch FF vs. Godzilla."
FF? you mean final fantasy right?"


No Fantastic Four actually.
#33 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"

How come all Japanese people run away from Godzilla in the same direction?

"
They're not running from Godzilla, they're running towards an ice cream truck.
#34 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo said:

"Gambler said:
"

How come all Japanese people run away from Godzilla in the same direction?

"
They're not running from Godzilla, they're running towards an ice cream truck."

(Snickers)

#35 Posted by MechaBuddha73 (8 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Ouch Tell me how ya really feel astro
#36 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7594 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Godzilla is a waste of paper. "
.....................................dick.
 
 
 
j/k.
#37 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7594 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Godzilla is a waste of paper. "

....................................dick.
 
 
 
 
j/k
#38 Posted by Amazingoctus (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

They made it better than they did last time? I didn't like the way he looked last time. The stories were fine but I can't have Godzilla looking like that again
#39 Posted by AmazingWebHead (1660 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be an interesting chance to see all of Marvel's golden age monsters back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.