Follow

Godzilla

Character » Godzilla appears in 422 issues.

The king of the monsters. He is mankind's greatest ally and enemy. Quite possibly the most unpredictable force on the face of the planet.

Godzilla Final Wars- I'm Confused

jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jasraj
    Right, which Godzilla is the Final Wars Godzilla, ive heard that he is Godzilla Jr (the Godzilla Jr in the Heisei films), and that Godzilla was defeated and frozen in the ice in the 90's, this would make sense because he was on the 100 metre scale, and apparently the director stated this, or did he 

ive also heard this 

That in the beginning of GFW, Godzilla was frozen in the 60's, not the 90's 

which one is right?
    Shikarenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Shikarenji
    @jasraj:  they never specify , and since most of the movies arent one continuity , he could be a new godzilla . 
    jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jasraj
    @Shikarenji said:
    " @jasraj:  they never specify , and since most of the movies arent one continuity , he could be a new godzilla .  "

I'm a bit convinced that he was Godzilla Jr, iv'e done some research that has led me to believe that he was Godzilla Jr, but i am not entirely sure........ 

Directors APPARENTLY stated it, because they wanted to revive Godzilla Jr, so they brought back Godzilla Jr to be the new Godzilla
    and the scene where Godzilla gets trapped in the ice was said to take place in thelate 90's, a few years after Godzilla Jr has become the new Godzilla 
    and he wasn't Agressive to humans or the other monsters, he spared most of them, i say this one because Godzilla Jr was raised by humans from birth, for a bit 
    and he was back at the 100 metre scale, just like Heisei Godzilla (his dad) 

it would have made more sense to make Godzilla 2000 the son of the Heisei Godzilla, but i am a bit convinced that Godzilla Jr is the Final Wars Godzilla, as the directors have apparently said, and some website like wikipedia said too
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
    @jasraj: Actually is not a Millenium Series Film is a Heisei Series one.  Dont ask me why they decide to get back into the Heisei Series
    @Shikarenji: Yes, it have continuity: Showa, Heisei and Millenium.  
    Shōwa series (1954–1975), Heisei series (1984–1995) and Millennium series (1999–2004).
    Every series have his own Continuity, Final Wars is a weird case.
    jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jasraj
    @DeathpooltheT1000:
    I knew it was continuing from Heisei, its because one of the Directors wanted to revive Godzilla Jr, so they made him the adult Godzilla 

and all of the Millenium films arent all together, Godzilla 2000 isnt related to Godzilla vs Megaguaris, Or even GMK, but i know that Godzilla Jr from the Heisei films is the adult Godzilla in Godzilla Final Wars 

and IMO Heisei films were the best era for Godzilla =]
    Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lantern Prime
    @jasraj said:
    "@DeathpooltheT1000:
    I knew it was continuing from Heisei, its because one of the Directors wanted to revive Godzilla Jr, so they made him the adult Godzilla 
     and all of the Millenium films arent all together, Godzilla 2000 isnt related to Godzilla vs Megaguaris, Or even GMK, but i know that Godzilla Jr from the Heisei films is the adult Godzilla in Godzilla Final Wars  and IMO Heisei films were the best era for Godzilla =] "

how do you know that was Gjr from the 90s as the main Godzilla in FW?
    Shikarenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Shikarenji
    @DeathpooltheT1000:  lol ik man , im a godzilla fan . and i believe final wars was millenuim series , cause it was out in '04 . and although in the same series its not a continuity . barely any of the godzilla films are one continuity . only a few are part of one timeline . like tokyo sos is a sequel to the original godzilla film 
    jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jasraj
    @Lantern Prime said:
    "@jasraj said:
    "@DeathpooltheT1000:
     and all of the Millenium films arent all together, Godzilla 2000 isnt related to Godzilla vs Megaguaris, Or even GMK, but i know that Godzilla Jr from the Heisei films is the adult Godzilla in Godzilla Final Wars  and IMO Heisei films were the best era for Godzilla =] "
      how do you know that was Gjr from the 90s as the main Godzilla in FW? "

I was doing some research and it said on wikipedia that the director said in a G-Fan Magazine that Final Wars Godzilla was Junior from the Heisei series, so thats what i could find, go to Godzilla Jr's wikipedia page and read it, it also said that when Godzilla got trapped in the beggining that was said to take place in the 90's, and Godzilla was less aggressive as he spared humans and mosnters, and Godzilla was also 100 metres again, just like his DAD 

it pretty much makes sense 

and i dont know if this counts but his picture of him as a revived adult was shown linking with Godzilla in frozen ice.
    jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jasraj
    @Shikarenji said:
    " @DeathpooltheT1000:  lol ik man , im a godzilla fan . and i believe final wars was millenuim series , cause it was out in '04 . and although in the same series its not a continuity . barely any of the godzilla films are one continuity . only a few are part of one timeline . like tokyo sos is a sequel to the original godzilla film  "

Tokyo S.O.S isn't a sequel to the original, its a sequel to Godzilla Angainst Mechagodzilla
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Shikarenji:@jasraj said:
    " @Shikarenji said:
    " @DeathpooltheT1000:  lol ik man , im a godzilla fan . and i believe final wars was millenuim series , cause it was out in '04 . and although in the same series its not a continuity . barely any of the godzilla films are one continuity . only a few are part of one timeline . like tokyo sos is a sequel to the original godzilla film  "

Tokyo S.O.S isn't a sequel to the original, its a sequel to Godzilla Angainst Mechagodzilla
    "
    Actually is the same that with the Zelda games, Split Timelines, so say anything it makes it impossible, there is movies that you know are sequels of other and others are prequels, but the continuity make almost no sense since is a split one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.