Follow

Godiva

Character » Godiva appears in 85 issues.

Godiva is the premiere heroine from England. She is a stunningly beautiful woman who has meta-human hair capable of changing its shape to become wings so she can fly or become transparent to conceal herself.

Final addition to the new Justice League International

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ahgunsillyo

Today, DC released an exclusive preview on Comic Book Resources of the new Justice League International book that is premiering on Wednesday.  There's one main thing that stuck out at me as interesting.  It seems they didn't just remove that character being speculated as being Donna Troy from the lower left corner of the cover, but rather, she was replaced by another female character. 

(Also, Lopestri gave back the spikes on Batman's gauntlets, which weren't originally on the cover or in plans for his costume's redesign)

If you look into the preview, you'll find out that that's Godiva, a character that I had honestly never heard of before now but apparently was in Grifter's Resistance in the Flashpoint universe and had a history with both the Global Guardians and Justice League Europe.  And her being an English superheroine does help to sell the "International" angle of the team, which is already rather strong, what with Rocket Red, August General in Iron, Fire, Ice and Vixen all being of foreign nationalities.  Oh, and Booster Gold's apparently Canadian now, so he's part of that as well.  

And hey, at least DC didn't simply just take out a female character from one of their books like a lot of people thought, right? 
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Shadowdoggy

I'd never heard of her either 
    but I've never been a huge fan of hair powers 
    Medusa could and should have stayed the only one IMO 
    an INhuman with hair powers? sure- they're Inhumans and they're all weird like that 
    a member of the League? did they run out of new superheroes already? 
    I really like the rest of the lineup though 
    Fire and Ice, Guy and Vixen are all big +'s to me
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

She got swapped out ages ago

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.