Hmmm...

#1 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to get the religious pundits up-in-arms, but, realizing that the people who made this page probably intended to give "God" every power there is, why did they skimp on "Attractive Female", and add "Attractive Male"?

Is someone trying to imply something sexist? Like an omnipotent being can't be female if they chose?

I mean, all I picture is Alanis in "Dogma" and know there's a problem here.

#2 Posted by G-Man (33891 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooh.

Staff
#3 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess since the aliases are The Big GUY, The MAN Upstairs it's gotta be a man.

#4 Posted by The Voidwalker (272 posts) - - Show Bio

It's all really funny when you look at how low in the rankings he is at the moment.

#5 Posted by G-Man (33891 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe He's giving a false sense of security to everyone.

Staff
#6 Posted by The Voidwalker (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Magneto says:

"Have question who defeated god."

Man.

#7 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Have question who defeated god.

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by The Voidwalker (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"MShade's God entry is better.
" />http://www.comicvine.com/god/41545/"

Divine Powers: 17 out of 57.

Galactus > God

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

God never got tentacle-raped by Thanos. Galactus did. God > Galactus.

#11 Posted by The Voidwalker (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos > Galactus > God

#12 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

God never got tentacle raped so I still say he's above Galactus. The only real question is Thanos > God > Galactus or God > Thanos > Galactus?

#13 Posted by The Voidwalker (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. i'd have to say - Thanos > God > Galactus. Although it might be - God > Thanos > Galactus - if you consider that Thanos just got killed.

#14 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"God never got tentacle-raped by Thanos. Galactus did. God > Galactus."

When and where did this happen? That's something I GOTTA see!!!

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I was waiting for someone to ask:

Post Edited:2007-02-08 18:48:59

#16 Posted by Icoop (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Thanos so tall there, or is Galactus short there?

Also that was quite amazing "C'mon trust me baby" "No" "Yes" "NO!" "YES!" that guy had to know he was writing innuendo.

#17 Posted by Icoop (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#18 Posted by the boogeyman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

since i'm catholic i will explain. in the bible god is referred to as he or him. jesus was born by mary, mary being the mother of jesus and god being the father. also when catholics pray he is referred to as father.

#19 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

the boogeyman says:

"since i'm catholic i will explain. in the bible god is referred to as he or him. jesus was born by mary, mary being the mother of jesus and god being the father. also when catholics pray he is referred to as father."

Yeah but that's probably male bias as men wrote the bible. God may have told men what to put in it, but certainly not sentence for sentence, word for word.

And since he's called "the one above all" in marvel, I guess that would put an end to who is >

#20 Posted by Mister Amazing (32 posts) - - Show Bio

well, what we're all forgetting is that this isn't a post about the deity that people worship in the real world. It's a post about a comic book character named God. And God is a man.

#21 Posted by 1st_Disciple (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Outstanding!

#22 Posted by coral web (129 posts) - - Show Bio

God put man on earth first so he chose to be a man

#23 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that God is( in real life ) a energy of some sort, if he wants to be a man he'll be a man, vise versa if he wants to be a woman he'll be one. But in Comics/Pop Culture God is a man, I would think he could take form of a woman if he wanted to. And it could be a thing of we characterise him as a man because we use man as a term for human, like mankind ( instead of human kind ), every man should be free( instead of every human ) ect...ect. I'm Christian but take bits from other religions. I learned the "God is not a physical being" from Muslims, One of my mothers Nation of Islam books state's it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.