Gladiator = BA. Even though he is written very inconsistant.

• 56 results
#51 Posted by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio
Sniper Jack said:
"

Gladiator has defeated the entire Fantastic Four, beaten Collosus with his bare hands, broke Hyperion's neck, used heat vision to burn through the Hulk's skin exposing his internal organs, used the Silver Surfers board to knock him flying deep into Ego the living Planet, ripped Deathbirds wings off, destroyed an entire planet, kicked Thor's hammer up into the sky and then knocked him unconscious, froze Thor Girl, sent Spiderman crashing through several brick walls, pummelled Wonder Man into the ground, snapped one of Wolverines claws off, crippled his team mate Warstar with a single punch, teamed up with the Surfer, Beta Ray Bill and others to tackle Tyrant, and to top it off he ripped out Vulcan's left eye.
Overall, he's had some good wins and the one's lost are normally a result of poor judgement by the writer.

"
And he lost to Gambit and Cannonball.I WIN!
#52 Posted by Epsilon (239 posts) - - Show Bio
Sniper Jack said:
"

Gladiator has defeated the entire Fantastic Four, beaten Collosus with his bare hands, broke Hyperion's neck, used heat vision to burn through the Hulk's skin exposing his internal organs, used the Silver Surfers board to knock him flying deep into Ego the living Planet, ripped Deathbirds wings off, destroyed an entire planet, kicked Thor's hammer up into the sky and then knocked him unconscious, froze Thor Girl, sent Spiderman crashing through several brick walls, pummelled Wonder Man into the ground, snapped one of Wolverines claws off, crippled his team mate Warstar with a single punch, teamed up with the Surfer, Beta Ray Bill and others to tackle Tyrant, and to top it off he ripped out Vulcan's left eye.
Overall, he's had some good wins and the one's lost are normally a result of poor judgement by the writer.

"

When he used his heat vision on Hulk, didn't Hulk push it back into his eyes and take out Gladiator like that?
#53 Posted by Sniper Jack (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, he lost to Gambit whilst under the mind influence of a Skrull, seriously not good! However, Cannonball didn't actually defeat Gladiator. Cannonball realised how to fight him and used his weakness against him by absorbing Gladiators punch, making him doubt himself and knocking him flying (and fair play to him), but seconds later Gladiator was standing behind him and speaking with the X-men.

As for the Hulk, after his guts were starting to come out he did indeed cover Gladiators eye's which resulted in some form of feedback. Gladiator was finally defeated when the Hulk smashed him into a Nuclear Reactor (which just happened to be next to where they both landed after falling from space!). Gladiator escaped the reactor but the Hulk pummelled Gladiator before he could recover. I look forward to seeing a rematch.

#54 Posted by PowerHerc (86068 posts) - - Show Bio

Inconsistency has plagued Gladiator, but he has more than enough high-end feats to prove that (along with Hulk, Hercules, Thor, Sentry and Juggernaut) he's right up at the top of Marvel's strength chart.
#55 Posted by SC (14403 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wow, the beginning of this thread is so... strange lol 

I love Gladiator though, I think he is badass regardless. I tend to distinguish badass from being powerful though, but regardless of that Gladiator has done a lot to prove himself as a heavy hitter. I actually like his effectiveness being based on his confidence, also it seems to work in inverse of what people state it is, which is sort of cool. The bigger the perceived threat and risk, the better Glads tends to do, the less severe and the worse he does. That actually compliments Gladiators ability to rise to the occasion and might say something about underestimating a foe. 

#56 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@weaponx: Agreed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.