Gladiator = BA. Even though he is written very inconsistant.

• 56 results
#1 Posted by Owen_Porter (83310 posts) - - Show Bio

He fought Vulcan and won.

Fought Gambit and got blasted of his feet.

Moderator Online
#2 Posted by Owen_Porter (83310 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"Well the result varies about wether he is confident or not, the thing that makes him strong is his self confidence the less confident he is, the weaker his is too."

Yeah we know. But what he's saying is something different.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by weaponx (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator is one of the strongest people I know in Marvel. I hate how he varies so much. He takes a full on blow from Juggernaut and doesn't budge. Then, he gits hit by Rogue and flies 200+ feet. I hate that. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew about any other fights he has been in and the result. Thanks.

#4 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

weaponx says:

"Gladiator is one of the strongest people I know in Marvel. I hate how he varies so much. He takes a full on blow from Juggernaut and doesn't budge. Then, he gits hit by Rogue and flies 200+ feet. I hate that. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew about any other fights he has been in and the result. Thanks."

He got pwned by Cannonball in an old Uncanny issue. That one sucked.

#5 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

He fought Thor on occasion and won some times one time he kicked thors hammer into space something neither hulk or superman could do with their hand both hands. They couldn't pick it up. He froze thor girl with his ice breath and other things. He beat hyperion. He burned hulks skin. He matches tyrant in eye beams. He flew through hearts of stars. He smashed and entire planet with his fists. Hes cool

#6 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the result varies about wether he is confident or not, the thing that makes him strong is his self confidence the less confident he is, the weaker his is too.

#7 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

They also give him some stupid loses.

#8 Posted by weaponx (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator=BAMF haha, and Thanks for the info.

#9 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Warlock360 says:
"Well the result varies about wether he is confident or not, the thing that makes him strong is his self confidence the less confident he is, the weaker his is too."

Yeah we know. But what he's saying is something different."

he wanted to know why it varies, and i gave him the answer

#10 Posted by weaponx (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know anything about the origins of Gladiator? I heard he may have been a heral of Galactus, but can't find much info on it.

#11 Posted by Owen_Porter (83310 posts) - - Show Bio

He said he hated HOW it varies, not WHY

Gladiator believes himself unbeatable. (This is before the fights ever start)

What he asked for was more examples of Gladiator getting played by Marvel. They've always used him as a stepping stone to showcase what someone else can do, how powerful the other character is.

There's no reason why he would lose to Cannonball, no reason why he can take a punch from Juggernaut and not move, but be blasted off his feet and sent sailing by Gambit.

We're all aware of Gladiators powers, thats why its absurd.

Moderator Online
#12 Posted by weaponx (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

I have also been having a debate with a friend. Superman vs. Gladiator (I know they are a parody of each other). Who do you guys think would win. I would totally put money on Gladiator.

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"He fought Gambit and got blasted of his feet."

i feel physically sick reading that...

M

#14 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

weaponx says:

"Gladiator=BAMF haha, and Thanks for the info."

np.

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"He fought Thor on occasion and won some times one time he kicked thors hammer into space something neither hulk or superman could do with their hand both hands. They couldn't pick it up. "

You know lifting the hammer isn't a measure of strength right?

#16 Posted by weaponx (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

Lifting Thor's hammer isn't a measure of strength, it is a measure of worthiness. I would still put money on gladiator vs supes, and thanks for the info on his origins.

#17 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Buckshot says:
"zee crusher says:
"He fought Thor on occasion and won some times one time he kicked thors hammer into space something neither hulk or superman could do with their hand both hands. They couldn't pick it up. "

You know lifting the hammer isn't a measure of strength right?"

Yes it is. Hulk had to use two hands to lift the hammer and go to insane levels of strength to break the enchantments. Superman he used two and just couldn't do it. The enchantment makes it super heavy which is why when he landed on that pirate planet they used their strongest crains and still couldn't pull the hammer. If gladiator can kick it away with just one foot into space thats some power he must have."

its just the confidence that he could, and was VERY self assured

#18 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

weaponx says:

"Does anyone know anything about the origins of Gladiator? I heard he may have been a heral of Galactus, but can't find much info on it."

No he was once a herald as was Thor and superman and even aunt may spidermans aunt lol. Gladiator just grew up with his race and got ranked so high and got experiments done to him so he could be so strong from what reed said.

#19 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

You'd lose that bet.

#20 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"zee crusher says:

Yes it is. Hulk had to use two hands to lift the hammer and go to insane levels of strength to break the enchantments. Superman he used two and just couldn't do it. The enchantment makes it super heavy which is why when he landed on that pirate planet they used their strongest crains and still couldn't pull the hammer. If gladiator can kick it away with just one foot into space thats some power he must have.

#21 Posted by Owen_Porter (83310 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"weaponx says:
"Lifting Thor's hammer isn't a measure of strength, it is a measure of worthiness. I would still put money on gladiator vs supes, and thanks for the info on his origins. "

Gladiator isn't the worthiest person if you haven't noticed?"

Why? He's not a villain. He's probably the most loyal character in Marvel

Moderator Online
#22 Posted by weaponx (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, and I didn't know that he did that. But in general, whoever is worthy can lift it, like captain america. The fact that Gladiator did kick it into space just shows that even though he wasn't really worthy, he is just that powerful.

#23 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator actually would beat superman hes smarter stronger and actually knows how to fight . Supermans just strong and throws punches around hoping to take down the enemies and some times uses his thought to win sometimes. Besides that gladiator has taken on stronger foes and it would have been more if he wasn't cut off.

#24 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

weaponx says:

"Lifting Thor's hammer isn't a measure of strength, it is a measure of worthiness. I would still put money on gladiator vs supes, and thanks for the info on his origins. "

Gladiator isn't the worthiest person if you haven't noticed?

#25 Posted by weaponx (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Gladiator is one of the most loyal characters I know, but he has done some bad things with that loyalty, which may or may not make him unworthy. Overall, I say he is a good guy and worthy.

#26 Posted by weaponx (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

I also thought Superman lifted it before.

#27 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Yes it is. Hulk had to use two hands to lift the hammer and go to insane levels of strength to break the enchantments. Superman he used two and just couldn't do it. The enchantment makes it super heavy which is why when he landed on that pirate planet they used their strongest crains and still couldn't pull the hammer. If gladiator can kick it away with just one foot into space thats some power he must have."

Hulk is a special case. He's used his strength to do the impossible (hold and break energy, destroy magic, etc) before. It's not a strength thing for anyone else. Cap has lifted the hammer before, are you saying he's stronger than Superman (who actually has lifted it before by the way)?

#28 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people so gay with Gladiator lately? He sucks. His hair is stupid,he's purple and his costume is stupid.

#29 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

He's fought the Hulk, Wonderman, Fantastic Four, Colossus, Hyperion, Supreme, Thor (2x).

I think he's great character and a unique Superman rip-off. I can't wait for him to have a run in with the Sentry.

#30 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Why are people so gay with Gladiator lately? He sucks. His hair is stupid,he's purple and his costume is stupid. "

All righty then!

#31 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Buckshot says:
"zee crusher says:
Yes it is. Hulk had to use two hands to lift the hammer and go to insane levels of strength to break the enchantments. Superman he used two and just couldn't do it. The enchantment makes it super heavy which is why when he landed on that pirate planet they used their strongest crains and still couldn't pull the hammer. If gladiator can kick it away with just one foot into space thats some power he must have."

Read the hammer, Zee! "who soever holds this hammer, if he be worth, shall posses the power of thor"! it's an enchantment odin put on it! it has nothing to do with strength! Maestro found that out the hard way!

#32 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Why are people so gay with Gladiator lately? He sucks. His hair is stupid,he's purple and his costume is stupid. "

Homophobe? or just plain doesn't like mohawkes lol

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Vance Astro says:
Homophobe? or just plain doesn't like mohawkes lol"

No,i'm not scared of gay people..and I'm not saying Gladiator is gay...i'm saying people are ridin his johnson as if he's a relevant character.He looks stupid,his dialouge sucks and his name is Gladiator despite the fact that he's an alien.He's an alien with a name based on an english concept...

#34 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"lordraiden says:
"Vance Astro says:
Homophobe? or just plain doesn't like mohawkes lol"
No,i'm not scared of gay people..and I'm not saying Gladiator is gay...i'm saying people are ridin his johnson as if he's a relevant character.He looks stupid,his dialouge sucks and his name is Gladiator despite the fact that he's an alien.He's an alien with a name based on an english concept..."

C'mon guy. He didn't name himself it was the Empire. An Empire that has had contact with earth for a while. Maybe they were inspired by the Gladiator concept. I know this may not be true but anyone could come up for a reason for that. Though he is a Superman rip-off, his power is kinda unique.

#35 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Gladiator actually would beat superman hes smarter stronger and actually knows how to fight . Supermans just strong and throws punches around hoping to take down the enemies and some times uses his thought to win sometimes. Besides that gladiator has taken on stronger foes and it would have been more if he wasn't cut off."
But the thread here stated,"Gladiator=BA".You want Gladiator to fight Superman?make a thread of in the battle forum. Writers generally tried to cut down certain characters abilities when they do a crossover.Like Hulk vs Superman,They show us that Hulk was fighting the Silver/Bronze Age Superman,yet they also shows us that Hulk has the ability to throw Superman as far as Saturn!!!IGNORING that Superman can think about 1000x faster than the Hulk could reach him,especially the Silver/Bronze Age Superman!!!http://www.youtube.com/v/rLjdjVhZPEk&rel=1 width=425 height=355 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="transparent">I didn't said that Superman was powered down when he fought Thor,but you also have to know that one of Superman's weakness is magic,maybe one of the reasons why he cannot lift Thor's hammer.
Post Edited:2008-02-27 07:49:21
#36 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"zee crusher says:
"weaponx says:

Why? He's not a villain. He's probably the most loyal character in Marvel"

Loyal doesn't mean anything thing once your righting Thor the hammer won't let you pick it up unless your him or have the same dna as him. Which is when the enchantment kicks in when it does kick in the hammer gets alot heavier then 100 tons which is why hulk had to use two hands go to to his high limits just to break it.

#37 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"zee crusher says:
"Yes it is. Hulk had to use two hands to lift the hammer and go to insane levels of strength to break the enchantments. Superman he used two and just couldn't do it. The enchantment makes it super heavy which is why when he landed on that pirate planet they used their strongest crains and still couldn't pull the hammer. If gladiator can kick it away with just one foot into space thats some power he must have."

Hulk is a special case. He's used his strength to do the impossible (hold and break energy, destroy magic, etc) before. It's not a strength thing for anyone else. Cap has lifted the hammer before, are you saying he's stronger than Superman (who actually has lifted it before by the way)? "

not just any one can lift it. You have the wrong idea why could perrikus lift it after it cut 25% of it off?? Why couldn't a dead thor lift it in marvel zombies when he became evil?? They weren't worthy. Since gladiator isn't worthy kicking it should have broken his foot. I'm not saying captain america is stronger then superman thats what you said. Superman did lift the hammer Thor passed it to him and he used it for like a second and pretty much keep up its momentum. when the battle was over he tried with both hands and couldn't pick it up. Superman not worthy of it.

Superboy-Prime 10000 says:

"zee crusher says:
"Gladiator actually would beat superman hes smarter stronger and actually knows how to fight . Supermans just strong and throws punches around hoping to take down the enemies and some times uses his thought to win sometimes. Besides that gladiator has taken on stronger foes and it would have been more if he wasn't cut off."
But the thread here stated,"Gladiator=BA".You want Gladiator to fight Superman?make a thread of in the battle forum. Writers generally tried to cut down certain characters abilities when they do a crossover.Like Hulk vs Superman,They show us that Hulk was fighting the Silver/Bronze Age Superman,yet they also shows us that Hulk has the ability to throw Superman as far as Saturn!!!IGNORING that Superman can think about 1000x faster than the Hulk could reach him,especially the Silver/Bronze Age Superman!!!I didn't said that Superman was powered down when he fought Thor,but you also have to know that one of Superman's weakness is magic,maybe one of the reasons why he cannot lift Thor's hammer.
Post Edited:2008-02-27 07:49:21"

Well if that was the case then it should have technically hurt him badly. When he tried to grab wonder womans magic sword he cut himself just as a baby could if it grabbed a knife hard. But in this case superman did easy. But either way hes just not worthy to lift it.

#38 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Gambler says:
"zee crusher says:
"weaponx says:
Loyal doesn't mean anything thing once your righting Thor the hammer won't let you pick it up unless your him or have the same dna as him. Which is when the enchantment kicks in when it does kick in the hammer gets alot heavier then 100 tons which is why hulk had to use two hands go to to his high limits just to break it. "

Did the enchantment chnage?

Others like Captain America were found worthy and was able to lift the hammer.

#39 Posted by weaponx (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor could lift his hammer in marvel zombies because it was a different reality, i.e., things can change a little. I am kind of confused, Thor gave superman the hammer to use for a little bit, but couldn't lift it latter? Then why/how was he able to use it in the first place? I also still think gladiator is worthy to lift it.

#40 Posted by Eraser (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator did get defeated by Hulk, and Nova held is own with him for awhile.

#41 Posted by Owen_Porter (83310 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"zee crusher says:
"Gambler says:
"zee crusher says:
"weaponx says:
Loyal doesn't mean anything thing once your righting Thor the hammer won't let you pick it up unless your him or have the same dna as him. Which is when the enchantment kicks in when it does kick in the hammer gets alot heavier then 100 tons which is why hulk had to use two hands go to to his high limits just to break it. "

Did the enchantment chnage?

Others like Captain America were found worthy and was able to lift the hammer. "

Its just Zee, he has no clue what he's talking about.

Moderator Online
#42 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

weaponx says:

"Thor could lift his hammer in marvel zombies because it was a different reality, i.e., things can change a little. I am kind of confused, Thor gave superman the hammer to use for a little bit, but couldn't lift it latter? Then why/how was he able to use it in the first place? I also still think gladiator is worthy to lift it. "

he was evil and Evil thor can lift the hamme remember when onslaught when in his body after a few more seconds he was deemed unworthy and couldn't lift it while possed if it wasn't for that he could have killed Hulk while possed. I don't know why he could onlyu lift it for a few seconds when thor threw it to superman but clearly after that fight he can't lift it. If its so light and superman so strong like gambler thinks then it really should have been that easy but it obviously wasn't.

Gambler says:

"Alpha says:
"zee crusher says:
"Gambler says:
"zee crusher says:
"weaponx says:
Did the enchantment chnage? Others like Captain America were found worthy and was able to lift the hammer. "
Its just Zee, he has no clue what he's talking about."

Coming from you that makes perfect sense.

#43 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#44 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Its just Zee, he has no clue what he's talking about."

Never have truer words been spoken.

Can we have them 20 ft tall please and flaming to ensure that this point is never forgotten.

#45 Posted by HellionVulcan (3474 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"

Why are people so gay with Gladiator lately? He sucks. His hair is stupid,he's purple and his costume is stupid.

"
Because not every one likes the same character ? as some like hulk some don't get over your self ,But glads has fought many Top Tier characters Thor Hulk Hyperion Supreme Tyrant silver surfer & Galactus so he has skills & powers to match all of them besides the Big G .. .
#46 Posted by superr (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Im happy to declare myself a gladiator fan,would like to have seen more and better of him.
The main inconsistency i see  is the level to which Gladiator uses his powers. He can use them all full tilt  for months without tiring.He should be able to produce an overwhealming barrage of super punches speed blitzs against almost anyone. He went all out against Supreme,who was more powerful.and fully intended to demolish Ego the living planet..Against the Hulk  andThor it was mostly  1 or2 shots of 1 power at a time.Not enough.Flat out he could have made them think twice about coming back for more,

#47 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
HellionVulcan said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Why are people so gay with Gladiator lately? He sucks. His hair is stupid,he's purple and his costume is stupid."
Because not every one likes the same character ? as some like hulk some don't get over your self ,But glads has fought many Top Tier characters Thor Hulk Hyperion Supreme Tyrant silver surfer & Galactus so he has skills & powers to match all of them besides the Big G .. .
"
i didn't ask why people like him..I asked why people have been so gay with him lately as in why is he so over-estimated and heavily used in battle forums.
#48 Posted by Gladiator (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Being a huge gladiator fan i have read pretty much anything i can find on him.  His birth name is Kalark  (a play on words on supermans birth name clark).  He is a Stronian but not much is known about them.  He has a female cousin that made a brief appearance in another comic cant remember which one though.  Some speculate that his powers are driven by his own self assurance others say he has his powers enhanced by Shi'ar technology while others say its his own natural ability.   I dont believe the writers/creators have ever really said for sure so its always up for debate and speculation.  Gladiator has been trained in many alien forms of fighting and is suppose to have unmatched speed, agility and strength.  His loyalty to the Shi'ar thrown (regardless who sits on the thrown) is unwaivering.  Gladiator is definatly a character with alot more potential then he is given.

#49 Posted by HellionVulcan (3474 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"

"
LOL so wrong as people like characters for different reasons & gladiator is one of my fav's any way hes got an awesome history that marvel will never tell & he has done some amazing things .. .
#50 Posted by Sniper Jack (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator has defeated the entire Fantastic Four, beaten Collosus with his bare hands, broke Hyperion's neck, used heat vision to burn through the Hulk's skin exposing his internal organs, used the Silver Surfers board to knock him flying deep into Ego the living Planet, ripped Deathbirds wings off, destroyed an entire planet, kicked Thor's hammer up into the sky and then knocked him unconscious, froze Thor Girl, sent Spiderman crashing through several brick walls, pummelled Wonder Man into the ground, snapped one of Wolverines claws off, crippled his team mate Warstar with a single punch, teamed up with the Surfer, Beta Ray Bill and others to tackle Tyrant, and to top it off he ripped out Vulcan's left eye.
Overall, he's had some good wins and the one's lost are normally a result of poor judgement by the writer.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.