Avatar image for fark_weaselcramp
    Fark Weaselcramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Fark Weaselcramp

Just read issue 23... and the forthcoming doublesized issue 24 is the final chapter. I have a bad feeling about the ending. It feels like everything is getting rushed in the storytelling.

Anybody else get that feeling?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

It's going to be doublesized? Cool. I wish it were going to go on past 24 and I think there are more things left out there than can be cleared up in the remaining issue, but I think it they can give it a good finish. I just hope it's not a "kill the monster" ending with no kind of explanation.

Fark Weaselcramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fark Weaselcramp

Yeah, that's the ending I'm fearing. Though the double sizness makes it more promising I guess.

And just so you know, to be doublely cool, the double sized final issue is the same price.

RedGenesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RedGenesis

I think the series ended where it was supposed to...I like the story as an isolated incident that isn't really explained, as opposed to this very drawn-out plot that may lose my interest after some time.

I think it's meant to be read in one long reading, actually...it's got a cinematic feel to it. This would be great as a movie.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I agree. At first I didn't like the idea of ending without an explanation but that's pretty much what they did and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It wasn't explained but you know what's going on, if that makes any sense. I think it was very well done. I'd also love to see a movie of it, but I doubt they could get it done simply because of the sheer number of naked women. Still, if they could, it'd be good.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Prodigal Son

I guess I'm too stuck with "traditional" stories. Not that I wanted it to last a long time, or that I wanted to have every little thing wrapped up at the end, but I was hoping for more. I was considering dropping the title, but I was so close to the end I kept buying it. When it was done, I thought I would let it settle and see if I still felt the way I did. Days and days later, I feel the same way. I wish I hadn't spent a dime on it at all.

I guess I'll take that fact that some of you enjoyed it as a consolation prize.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I enjoyed it, but it seemed like there wasn't quit the pay off they were promising.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

Soooo, what's the bottom line? Worth reading, ie, buying the trades eventually?

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Prodigal Son

Two thumbs down from me. Find a friends who's buying the trade and borrow it. Others will feel differently I'm sure.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

I guess since it's over, it's not like I really need to read it to keep up for the sake of the community. I have been reading a lot more since working on the site.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Prodigal Son

G-Man says:

"I guess since it's over, it's not like I really need to read it to keep up for the sake of the community. I have been reading a lot more since working on the site. "

That's funny. I've actually been reading less because I've been working on submits. I'm so far behind. I've got this stack sitting on the floor by my chair just begging me to read.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gmanfromheck

Wednesday's have become crazy. I read most of the week's comic that day so I can get most of them up. I do find that if someone (thankfully) beats me to it and gets one up, it kinda falls to the bottom of the stack. I'd like to work on more character stuff but my time (when I'm not working or spending it with the fam) is spent on the New Comics and news/previews.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Comics come here on Thursdays, which is my crazy day. Girls might be worth buying if you have spare cash burning a hole in your pocket, or you get some kinda bulk buy deal if you add it to stuff you're already buying. It's good, worth a read, but it's not amazing.

Fark Weaselcramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fark Weaselcramp

Agent Paradox 9 says:

"I think the series ended where it was supposed to...I like the story as an isolated incident that isn't really explained, as opposed to this very drawn-out plot that may lose my interest after some time.I think it's meant to be read in one long reading, actually...it's got a cinematic feel to it. This would be great as a movie. "

I was actually fearing the opposite of that... that they would try to explain too much in too little time. I like how it ended fine, matched the flow of the story telling.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.