Xamot & Tomax in GI: JOE 2?

Posted by No_name_here (330 posts) - - Show Bio

Xamot & Tomax, Cobra’s daring twin acrobats, just might be somersaulting in to GI JOE 2.

Last week, we talked about how ZOMBIELAND co-writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are working on a sequel.  Now, MTV’s dolled out another little tidbit from the writing pair, wherein they allude, rather strongly, to the possibility of the Crimson Twins showing up in movie #2. The two writers try to keep straight faces as they tease about the twins’ possible inclusion in the film and state the difficulty of including characters who could be so potentially cheesy in the film.

They're like an evil WONDER TWINS.

Me? I don’t see why there’s a need for concern.  I thoroughly enjoyed GI JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA. It left a big smile on my face. But I wanted the whole thing to be even MORE over-the-top. I would’ve liked to have see Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Cobra Commander from the beginning, rather than having to go through the rounds of showing how realistically became a super villain. I think GI: JOE’s a property that’s best when it embraces its own absurdity, like this goosebumps-inducing opener to the 80’s GI JOE movie.  

Bullying in tandem.

When I watched the spots for GI: JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA during the Super-Bowl last year, I initially suspected that the glimpses of Duke and Ripcord in the accelerator suits were actually glimpses of the twins. There were TWO IDENTICALLY-DRESSED characters executing some impressive ACROBATS throughout the streets of Paris and their moves were largely SYNCHRONIZED. It was reasonable to presume that these were Tomax & Xomat, updated for the movie’s more tech-based realistic look, and they were unleashing explosion-filled terror on the streets of the City of Lights.   

Anyway anyway anyway... the interrogation light turns on you now, Comic Vine community. Do you want these two in the sequel? What other Joe's or Cobras would you want?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay for the twins, boo to Tom liking the first movie

#2 Posted by dondasch (921 posts) - - Show Bio

I fear Im in the minority, but God no.  Just say no to more cheesy characters an a super cheesy sequel

#3 Posted by Caffeine Buzz (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the first movie, but I'm not sure i'd want the twins in the sequel. Put Flint, Gung ho, and lady Jane in and I'll be happy.

#4 Posted by Emerald Warrior (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Another GI joe movie?!?!?!?!  As if the first one wasn't bad enough!!!  lemme guess, the twins are going to be, what? two blond chicks in the sequel? you know given how they completely screwed up every single character in the first one... 

#5 Edited by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

I ALWAYS loved these two evil european yuppies.  Even though i never had to toys (b4 my time), as a child i would scavenge garage sales for them. 

PS where have all the god cartoons gone?  In the 1980's it seemed everything was so legit, animation and content.  I mean Transformers, GI JOE, the robocop cartoon, Heman, Ghostbusters, ducktails, etc.  all these poor kids have today is educational shen's and 2 year old localized edited anime.   WHHHYYYY?  a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

as long as theres no serpentor ill watch the sequel

#7 Posted by Fleonix (167 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see the twins in action on the actual movie......its so funy and cool just thinking about.
#8 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Cover Girl !!!!!!!!!!!   :( 

#9 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is going to play them...Zack and Cody...lol

#10 Posted by goldenkey (2920 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually enjoyed the filst movie more then what I thought I would.  It looked so bad on the commericials but had to watch it just because I grew up watching GI Joe, and after a while hated the cartoon because no one died and they kept putting Ship Wreck in episodes and the guy was just annoying, him and his gay parot.  But I loved the twins,  they were maybe favorite figures next to of Storm Shadow, Firefly, and Snake Eyes 1, 2, and 3.  But does anyone remeber red bearded guy with ski's.  Snowjob.  You think the people who came up with that name laughed when they made it.
#11 Posted by No_name_here (330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kurrent: Ha! Good one...
#12 Edited by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't go wrong with the twins.

#13 Posted by Scissorhands (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Crimson Twins.
I thought they were badass when I was a kid.
I think the Olsen twins should play them.
Actually, I think those girls are scarier.

#14 Posted by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
"I want Cover Girl !!!!!!!!!!!   :(  "
             But she dead.
#15 Posted by ahumancartoon (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Well now that Destro dosen't have NATO funding anymore, The twins could be brought in for financial backing to fund their evil empire.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.