Writer Hired for G.I. Joe Sequel

Posted by inferiorego (20600 posts) - - Show Bio

Collider reported today, that according to their sources a writer has been hired for a G.I. Joe sequel. 

But thanks to some very reliable sources, I can report a screenwriter has been hired for G.I. Joe 2 (or whatever it’s going to be called) and Paramount is definitely moving forward with the project.

While I tried my best to find out who landed the writing gig, my sources wouldn’t budge... 

Also, all the actors from the first film were signed for sequels, so that should make the process a bit smoother. 

It seemed as though a sequel was greenlit from day it was released. I was firmly against this movie and thought the trailers looked absolutely awful. I got a copy from Netflix and watched it... I ended up loving the film. In no way did I think this was a "good" film by any means, but it was a good "popcorn" flick. I laughed a lot, at unintentional jokes, and cringed at Snake Eyes mouth, but overall, I fell in love with this action packed film. The same way I fell in love with Punisher War Zone last year. So, I've become very excited over the prospect of a sequel. 
What kind of story do you think we're going to get though? Cobra-La? (Just kidding) What new characters would you guys like to see in the upcoming film?
Staff
#1 Posted by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio

the 1st movie got me back into gi joe !!!! , i'll see another for sure !!!!

#2 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Wooo!
I loved the first movie, can't wait for this one.

I'm just sad that they killed off Cover Girl in the first movie :(
I woulda liked to see her in a bigger role in the second one.

#3 Edited by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

G.I. Joe 2: The Decline of Cobra 
Exective producer : you couldn't come up with anything better?!Even "G.I. Joe 2: The Snake bite" sounds better! 
Writer: I think it's sounds pretty awesome actually.
#4 Posted by HaHaManHV (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, although I did not love the first movie, any exposure for the franchise is great and I am excited for this. Hopefully they will bring in Flint and Lady Jaye, then I can be truly happy. 

And seriously, Punisher War Zone was terrible, one of the worst comic movies I have ever seen.

#5 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

GI Joe was an amazing goofy and corny show, I loved the fact that the movie didn;t try to be anything other then great blow em up fun, which is perfect.

#6 Posted by hit11man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

FIREFLY.
#7 Edited by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

Salvo

The Right of Might!

Cobra Commander!
Christopher Eccleston!
Sienna Miller!
JGL!
Cobraaaa!
Terrorism!

#8 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

It was like Transformers sans the robots.
#9 Posted by inferiorego (20600 posts) - - Show Bio
@HaHaManHV said:
" And seriously, Punisher War Zone was terrible, one of the worst comic movies I have ever seen. "
Roger Corman's Fantastic Four 
Elektra 
Man-Thing 
The Spirit 
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen  
Captain America 
Catwoman 
Staff
#10 Posted by vuki (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Rise was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Why spent money on a sequel ? Whhhy ?!

#11 Posted by War Killer (19515 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll still watch it, I watched the first one, didn't hate it, but I was never really in to G.I.Joe, so maybe that's why.

#12 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

i have seen the 1st one 4 times and on BLUE RAY!!!!!!!  

i thought it was good everytime i see i like it more.  I just really wish they would dye dukes hair blonde!!!!  

a very simple design would make all joe fans happy and its bacsically this..........Cobra trying to rule the world though some over the top plan! and Seeing cobra commander look a little more like himself. 

if they do those 2 things I dont see how you can screw it up.  

characters I would like to see 

Lt, Falcon 
shipwreck 
Zap 
leatherneck 

less snakeyes.........I know I know i am crazy but come on do over do it gi joe is more than ninjas and snakeeyes aint the top joe never has been its Duke or Hawk they should get the limelight
#13 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the first one, but would have prefered Baroness to be pure evil and the Storm Shadow / Snake Eyes relationship to have been more like the Marvel comic from back in the day.

#14 Edited by NightFang (9648 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the 1st film but i'm hoping the 2nd one will be better, other then that I think Firefly and the Crimson Twins, Tomax and Xamot (one of them being a clone) should be in the sequel.

#15 Edited by kunglu (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought G.I. Joe wasn't bad, I had fun.  Hey it was way better than that Transformers crap-fest!  I'm looking forward to the sequel 

#16 Posted by dr.x (553 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego:
hey ,hey leave League of Extraordinary Gentlemen  out of  this but rest your are  right
#17 Posted by HaHaManHV (234 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego:   Ironically enough, I have not seen those. Except for Electra and Catwoman, both of which I saw long ago and don't remember.
#18 Posted by OzzerOzby (21 posts) - - Show Bio

There's No Place Like Springfield.
#19 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1828 posts) - - Show Bio

The first movie was terrible. Perhaps due to the God awful acting of Channing Tatum. They need to pull it together on the sequel

#20 Posted by MJ Styles (93 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like every Hollywood blockbuster gets a sequel, no matter how bad it is!  I've never been a fan of G.I. Joe, but this was a lot better. 

http://www.warrenellis.com/?p=7925    

#21 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19713 posts) - - Show Bio

Serpentor

#22 Posted by Shima (246 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YES! I LOVED THE FIRST I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 Posted by The Crimson Nutcase (813 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasnt really into GI Joe growing up, but I did like the movie 
And i will be down to see a sequel...

#24 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" but overall, I fell in love with this action packed film. The same way I fell in love with Punisher War Zone last year. So, I've become very excited over the prospect of a sequel."
I feel the exact same way.
#25 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved G.I. Joe and I thought I was gonna hate it. It turned out to be waaaaay better than Transformers 2. So I'll be waiting for a sequel that's for damn sure. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.