This Is What Zartan Will Look Like In The GI Joe Movie?

Posted by G-Man (30221 posts) - - Show Bio
Zartan?
I just don't know what to expect from "G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra."  I'm really trying to be optimistic.  I am.  For every cool image I see, there seems to be like five bad ones.  Hisstank.com has posted several "Movie File Cards" based on characters from the movie.  They seem to be from one of their forum members.  I'd like to hope that perhaps some may be forgeries.  I'm not a hardcore G.I. Joe fan but the couple times I've been to that site, they've been credible.  Regardless, this isn't the Zartan I remember from my childhood.  I don't know who this is but it's not Zartan.  Did someone just take an image of actor Arnold Vosloo and paste him into the box?  I sure hope so.  I understand that perhaps a man in a brown hood with weird black patches over his eyes might look weird in a live action movie but take a look at some of these other images.

I call shenanigans!  
Staff
#1 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

That's just wrong.

And by "The Doctor" do they mean "Dr. Mindbender" or was there an other "doctor" character that worked for Cobra?

#2 Posted by G-Man (30221 posts) - - Show Bio

They might've figured "Dr. Mindbender" was just too cheesey of a name.

Also I'm curious about the title.  Is it the Rise Of The Cobra Organization or the Rise Of Cobra Commander?

Staff
#3 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Zartan can look totally bad-ass.  And hey there's already a real world Zartan out there....   If you watch "Tap Out" you might know about the dude named Mask

Staff
#4 Edited by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"They might've figured "Dr. Mindbender" was just too cheesey of a name."
They kept the monocle though...

I'm getting very anxious about this movie in general. It seems like it should be such an easy one to make, but I'm afraid they're being too concerned with making it not look cheesy. I say cheese it up, I want to see a two hour long episode of the original show, complete with an ending where Roadblock teaches a kid not to jump his bike over downed power lines, and Shipwreck teaches another how to stop a nosebleed, not something that is so caught up in being realistic that it loses its fun.
#5 Posted by xcodebro!x (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Zartan can look totally bad-ass.  And hey there's already a real world Zartan out there....   If you watch "Tap Out" you might know about the dude named Mask

Gosh I hate those Tap Out guys.... but man that was funny!

#6 Posted by Shatterstar (4513 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh

#7 Posted by G-Man (30221 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"G-Man said:
"They might've figured "Dr. Mindbender" was just too cheesey of a name."
They kept the monocle though...

I'm getting very anxious about this movie in general. It seems like it should be such an easy one to make, but I'm afraid they're being too concerned with making it not look cheesy. I say cheese it up, I want to see a two hour long episode of the original show, complete with an ending where Roadblock teaches a kid not to jump his bike over downed power lines, and Shipwreck teaches another how to stop a nosebleed, not something that is so caught up in being realistic that it loses its fun."
(Psst...it wasn't Shipwreck, he was probably too drunk to give out public service messages).

Anyways, two words: "Body Massage."

Staff
#8 Posted by NightFang (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the doctor is Mindbender and not Cobra Commander.

#9 Posted by G-Man (30221 posts) - - Show Bio

I do too.  I thought I read somewhere that it was the same actor, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, playing both which lead to speculation. Think that was just a rumor.

Staff
#10 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84353 posts) - - Show Bio

According to his card it sounds like "Dr. Mindbender." Wonder if they'll set up Serpentor for a possible sequel. Seems like every movie nowadays is set up for a sequel, if not a trilogy.

Moderator Online
#11 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if his skin will instantly darken in the sun like the old toy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.