Rambo: Could he be a member of the G.I. Joe?

#1 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, been watching Rambo clips (movie and the cartoon) to reminisce on a great action movie franchise. Been thinking, though... He could have been a G.I. Joe operative. Anybody feel the same way?

#2 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I figured someone would share my thoughts....

#3 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, he could.

During the 80s when Hasbro was looking into getting celebrities as figures (like Sgt Slaughter and the Fridge), they actually approached Stallone.  Not for Rambo, mind you, but for Rocky.  The Cobra figure "Big Boa" from the 5th year of the toyline was originally going to be Rocky Balboa.  When Stallone declined, Hasbro simply replaced the headsculpt with a mask and put the figure on Cobra's side.

But there are so many similarities to simply be a coincidence.  "Big Boa" instead of "Balboa".  The figure even came with a small punching bag for training.

#4 Posted by DEGRAAF (7904 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think so, he doesnt take orders

#5 Posted by High Revolutionary (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

RAMBO is on a much higher level than those tools.

#6 Posted by G-Man (37631 posts) - - Show Bio

I could've sworn that a Stallone G.I. Joe figure was made.  I seem to remember actually seeing him, not just with a re-sculpted head as MrMiracle77 said.  Maybe I'm just thinking of a Rocky figure.  I did find this while searching.  Talk about your awesome accessories:

How could Cobra defeat that?

Staff
#7 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio
High Revolutionary said:
"RAMBO is on a much higher level than those tools."

That's funny. Rambo can't even beat Beachhead in a fight.
#8 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio
High Revolutionary said:

Heresy.....besides Rambo isn't a team player, and honestly he isnt that mentally stable eaither.
#9 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Rambo would have been awesome as a Joe. He could have been the ultimate loner. Drop him off behind enemy lines and let him do his thing. Rambo, Sgt. Slaughter, and Gung Ho, unbeatable.

#10 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Rambo would have been awesome as a Joe. He could have been the ultimate loner. Drop him off behind enemy lines and let him do his thing. Rambo, Sgt. Slaughter, and Gung Ho, unbeatable."

Agreed. That would have been the last war America would have needed to be in. After that asswhooping, all other countries would be pissing on themselves for the next few milleniums.
#11 Edited by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"I could've sworn that a Stallone G.I. Joe figure was made.  I seem to remember actually seeing him, not just with a re-sculpted head as MrMiracle77 said.  Maybe I'm just thinking of a Rocky figure.  I did find this while searching.  Talk about your awesome accessories:

It was Stallone's mug on the original filecard art.

Link to article:
http://www.yojoe.com/archive/unproduced/rocky.shtml

That might work, I haven't been able to post images for some reason or another.
#12 Posted by High Revolutionary (3171 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:
"Heresy.....besides Rambo isn't a team player, and honestly he isnt that mentally stable eaither."
Blasphemy.  You're lucky I don't smite you, or something.
#13 Posted by High Revolutionary (3171 posts) - - Show Bio
Psi-Fire said:
"High Revolutionary said:
That's funny. Rambo can't even beat Beachhead in a fight."
Oh no, you didn't...
#14 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha I didnt say anyhting bad about Rambo....just that he isnt mentally stable and he is a loner.

But honestly there are a number of Joes that could take Rambo.

#15 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Rambo would have been awesome as a Joe. He could have been the ultimate loner. Drop him off behind enemy lines and let him do his thing. Rambo, Sgt. Slaughter, and Gung Ho, unbeatable."

Roadblock over Gung Ho, Gambler. Flint, Scarlet, Lady J, Quick Kick, and Low Light are all over him as well.
#16 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
High Revolutionary said:
He's not higher than Snake-Eyes.

Psi-Fire said:
"That's funny. Rambo can't even beat Beachhead in a fight."
Or Snake-Eyes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.