Opinions on the G.I Joe: Retaliation trailer?

Posted by BatMark_ (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, so pretty much the first trailer for the movie came out yesterday, and surprisingly enough it was actually... Good?

It almost seems like a reboot of sorts, with an entire new cast including The Rock, Adrianne Palicki, and BRUCE FREAKING WILLIS!

According to a plot synopsis I read online, the original team is killed (as you can see at the beginning of the trailer) except for Snake Eyes, and framed for some plot to take over the world blah, blah, blah, and it's up to the last remaining members of the team to clear their name... By playing awesome remixes of The White Stripes and standing on top of trucks firing 50. cal machine guns into the sky...

... Nothing generic about that, eh?

Anyway give your thoughts on the trailer down below, you excited to see a rejected Wonder Woman? Or you gonna stay away and keep your memory and childhood clean by watching the old cartoons?

Personally, and I'm ashamed to say it, I'm kinda excited for it. No, no, not for the story, do I look crazy?! But damn the action looks incredible, could be one of those movies you walk into the theatre and just turn your brain off for... Or I could be pleasantly surprised....

#1 Posted by spystreak (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually excited for it as well i really enjoyed the first one even though it was unrealistic but mind you most action movies are

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.