New 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Trailer

Posted by G-Man (34944 posts) - - Show Bio

As you probably know, G.I. Joe: Retaliation was supposed to be released earlier this year. The movie was pushed back to March 29, 2013. The reason we were given was to convert the film to 3D. There was also some additional scenes and re-shoots done.

It's unfortunate the movie has been delayed. The original trailers looked pretty good. Paramount has released a new trailer that contains some new footage.

What do you think? Does the delay matter to you? Will you check out the film in March?

Staff
#1 Posted by MercWithaMouth2385 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like they added a lot of 3D heavy scenes to the movie. Should be a good movie based on the trailer. I like the Red Ninjas but think they should have Slice and Dice as their superiors. I am most looking forward to Ray Stevenson as Firefly!

#2 Posted by tensor (4474 posts) - - Show Bio

I am still up for it.2013 looks like a better year for movies than 2012.

#3 Posted by dondave (37925 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome Trailer

#4 Posted by Jonny_Rogers (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Britain is always the first to go...

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Rogers: aint it the truth.

#6 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3851 posts) - - Show Bio

Now if some company can make an Awesome GI Joe video game...

#7 Posted by Chaos Burn (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

poor London

#8 Posted by LiamB8 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

2013 is going to have some many good movies!

#9 Posted by Iron_Turtle (583 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#10 Posted by kid Apollo (714 posts) - - Show Bio

i never saw the first one in theaters, the jumping through traffic in robo-suits didnt appeal to me, i saw it a few months later on tv and was surprised by it quality. its not great by any means but it was better then i expected it to be. the ROCK gets me pumped so ill try this one out, it already has me more interested then the last one did

#11 Posted by NightFang (10074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Rogers said:

Meh. Britain is always the first to go...

Last time it was Paris.

#12 Posted by Tyrannotaur (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good. Bruce Willis is awesome. Can't wait for this and Die Hard 5.

I know they axed most of the cast from the last movie, but did they have to kill off/get rid of Scarlet? Also I hope they fix up Cobra Commander, cause he was really strange last time. Joesph Gordon Levitt is a cool guy, but was the wrong choice for that role.

#13 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I like when the North Korean ambassador is like: "WTF guy?"

Looks like the did a good job of backpedaling after people pretty much figured out that Channing Tatum was gonna get killed off.

#14 Posted by KZR (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn: Take that foul tea drinkers.

#15 Posted by ravisher (691 posts) - - Show Bio

lupe

#16 Posted by whitelantern64 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah quick question but the last time I saw the trailer, there was a new masked guy who was not snake eyes that was everywhere. Who was he and how come he isn't in this trailer? (I mean did they decide not to use him, or is he still in the movie. etc)

#17 Edited by FoxxFireArt (3556 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate they delayed this, because I was really interested in seeing it. Still am, but I don't care about 3D.

Isn't a bit silly that they show the destruction of that giant killer satellite near the end of this trailer with all the explosions?

#18 Posted by HT101 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@FoxxFireArt: It might not be at the end of the movie for all we know. It probably is but we also know that Cobra never truly wins so we should expect them to lose. It's good they're bringing back the good parts from the first movie and leaving all of the crappy parts behind.

#19 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

ehh!

#20 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7035 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking good.

#21 Posted by kennybaese (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked how goddamn goofy and ridiculous the first movie was (they had an UNDERWATER BASE for crying out loud) and this looks to be about as ridiculous but with action stars I actually give any kind of a crap about, so I'm in.

#22 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3556 posts) - - Show Bio

@HT101:

They wouldn't create a giant satellite that can destroy whole nations all over the world and remove that threat in the middle of the film.

That's as silly as showing the meteor hit in DEEP IMPACT trailers. That was the biggest event in the entire movie.

#23 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Truth is, I'll watch anything with Bruce Willis in it :)

#24 Posted by Ryanmcfarland (51 posts) - - Show Bio

booooo

#25 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like the rumors were true and test audiences wanted to see Duke team up with Roadblock and so they had to delay the movie to increase the scenes of Duke teaming up with Roadblock. In the original version, the rumor was Duke died in the beginning of the movie.

#26 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope that the extra editing and pushing back to next year was worth it, because I'm hearing screening reviews are even now saying this is horrible. I really hope it was worth it...because we honestly could have seen this by now and I don't think the push back was necessary :/

#27 Posted by Bad_People (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey Cobra Commander actually looks like Cobra Commander in this one.

#28 Posted by Bad_People (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn said:

poor London

Also, total pwn to North Korea.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.