G.I. Joe: "That Was Crazy" Clip

Posted by G-Man (31631 posts) - - Show Bio

Just when I thought we weren't having enough G.I. Joe movie news, Bruce Vain sends me a link to this video.  I think we all agree that the 'accelerator' suits look a little hokey but who knows.  I'm still not sure what to make of the movie.  I have seen some early reviews starting to make their way online but I'm not reading them.  From the titles, it sounds like the movie might not be as bad as everyone thinks it will be.  Could there actually be some hope for this?  Check out the clip below.  It might indeed be crazy but it could be some crazy action...
 

  
I love how calm Storm Shadow is during this.  What's up with Snake-Eyes' visor though?  Night vision goggles or something (in the daylight)?
Staff
#1 Edited by Ninjaken (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I Still don't like the fact you can see Snake-Eyes' his mouth. But the rest of the movie looks cool

#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope there isn't as much about the accelerator suits in the movie as there is in the preview. A scene or two is one thing but they better not be in the whole movie. Besides from the preview it looks like Cobra's got a weapon that eats metal, the accelerator suits look like a good meal.

#3 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I've flipped through the comic adaptation & like you said the movie doesn't seem to be that bad. Also, the Wal-Mart by me had pretty much all of the G.I. Joe figures & I have to say Destro doesn't look to bad.
*SPOILER*
Was reading his Bio-Card &  I think his mask might be like nano-bytes tech that will cover his face & form his mask.

#4 Posted by G-Man (31631 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain said:
"

I've flipped through the comic adaptation & like you said the movie doesn't seem to be that bad. Also, the Wal-Mart by me had pretty much all of the G.I. Joe figures & I have to say Destro doesn't look to bad.
*SPOILER*
Was reading his Bio-Card &  I think his mask might be like nano-bytes tech that will cover his face & form his mask.

"
That would make sense with his mouth being able to move like in the cartoon.
Staff
#5 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

action sequences look good, it just doesn't look like G.I. Joe. 

#6 Posted by SUNMAN (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

looks cool special affects wise. I like some of the actors. And this is an action movie so I am not expecting any oscar worthy performances

#7 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie might be good afther all.

#8 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
"@Bruce Vain said:
"

I've flipped through the comic adaptation & like you said the movie doesn't seem to be that bad. Also, the Wal-Mart by me had pretty much all of the G.I. Joe figures & I have to say Destro doesn't look to bad.
*SPOILER*
Was reading his Bio-Card &  I think his mask might be like nano-bytes tech that will cover his face & form his mask.

"
That would make sense with his mouth being able to move like in the cartoon. "

I thought it made sense to me as well.
#9 Posted by Grey-Boss (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I never read GI Joe before so I don't know squat.

But I don't think there was accelerator suits.

And I might be sound kind of judgmental on this movie, but it looks like a very wanna be Ironman. I mean, all they need is a few laser like beams and fly, there you go a team of Ironman.

#10 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grey-Boss said:
" Ok I never read GI Joe before so I don't know squat.But I don't think there was accelerator suits.And I might be sound kind of judgmental on this movie, but it looks like a very wanna be Ironman. I mean, all they need is a few laser like beams and fly, there you go a team of Ironman. "

I agree with you. I'm not to sure about this movie.. but we'll see.
#11 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

nice action

but Snake Eyes his lips awww I hate that!!!

#12 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

those suits just look so damn stupid

#13 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. Snake-Eyes' mouth is weird! but I'm not sold on the whole ''accelerator suits" quite yet.

#14 Posted by PrimeDirective (451 posts) - - Show Bio
Baroness seems to be spot on though, eh?
#15 Posted by Josh Man (4 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a Sweet Clip!!

#16 Posted by passionfruits (128 posts) - - Show Bio

I now am looking forward to seeing the movie. I am not to into G.I. Joe, but this should be a really cool action movie. As far as a good overall movie, we can only hope so.

#17 Posted by Overmax (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone else raise a serious eyebrow at the part where another car hits the Cobra jeep head on and the jeep doesn't even slow down?
It doesn't matter how armored it is, physics are still laws!

Also, the shot where the second guy hits the ground running looks TERRIBLE.
Just look at the moment where he lands. Horribly composited.

#18 Posted by NightFang (9960 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Good clip.
2. Hate the suits.
3. Hate that you can see

#19 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, in the 80's and 90's they had suits like this, these are just updated. I tend not to take movies like this the same as everything else. This is not the stuff of Oscars but of fun and goofyness.

#20 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio
I gotta admit that did look cool.
#21 Edited by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Incredible Hulk-Prime:
Agreed I have changed my mind.
It also seems like they exited the car before anything happend. Hmmmm....... telaportation possibly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.