G.I. Joe: Rise Of Cobra International Trailer

Posted by G-Man (30333 posts) - - Show Bio

The latest word is that a trailer for "G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra" was supposed to be attached to next week's "Star Trek."  The folks at Film School Rejects have found this "international" trailer.

It's really hard to say how this movie will be.  It's almost all over the place.  It does look ambitious.  I think they are also doing the smart thing by not trying to make the movie 100% realistic.  I know people were on the fence with this before.  I think I'm back on the side where it might not be as bad as I feared before.  Hopefully Paramount won't pull this trailer.

What do you think?

Staff
#1 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

that does give hope.......................till we see cobra comander.................

#2 Posted by captokyo (49 posts) - - Show Bio

very sweet I hope storm shadow throws down in this movie!

#3 Posted by Zghost (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Im hoping for the best, i know ill see it regardless.

#4 Posted by jackassassin (15 posts) - - Show Bio

love those suits

#5 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Another movie i cant wait to see simply to see if it sucks.

#6 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks to be the Shoot Em Up of comic book movies.

Really really stupid....but it knows that it is and has fun with it. Looks like it could be pretty entertaining.

Of course, it might be total crap too.

#7 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk is the first character to actually be identified in a trailer so far.

My skepticism was running really high for the longest time, but as I see more and more I find my interest rising.

#8 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't like the Suits......

Does remind me of Night Hunter.

#9 Posted by Nibiru (689 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate the giant bulky suits, but I am excited for the movie.

#10 Posted by ThE FL@$H (116 posts) - - Show Bio

the trailer is good i wish the movie would be better...

#11 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie looks entertaining. Should be a solid action movie maybe with a little comedy thrown in. I doubt it will be a 5 star movie, but I think it should be entertaining

#12 Posted by pacewun (21 posts) - - Show Bio

mmmm....i feel like there is too much CG.  Anyone else?

#13 Posted by Mattimus Prime (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't help but be terrified and excited at the same time.

#14 Posted by J-PRIME (39 posts) - - Show Bio

too much CGI is not always a good thing...and learning is half the battle GI JOE!!!!

#15 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it.

#16 Posted by Atom Smasher (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I was excited until I saw Cobra Commander. Think the Neo Viper with a clear Wrestling mask. A wrestling mask used for kids whose nose bleed easily. Burnt face and tubes going from the body up. not a scary Cobra Commander he looks like he should be chilling in the ICU. Check for the toys it's how they leaked him.

#17 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84372 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, not feeling it. Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow looked cool of course but those suits? Gi-Joe's are now Iron Men? Weak.

#18 Edited by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good ,but then again spiderman 3 looked good .... we'll have to wait and see

#19 Posted by Desiderina Redhead (4413 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Nope, not feeling it. Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow looked cool of course but those suits? Gi-Joe's are now Iron Men? Weak."
my thoughts exactly

Scarlett looks like the token dumb blonde.. Snake looks great.. but yeah it left me cold
#20 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks better than I expected.  Then again, it's G.I Joe, so my expectations weren't exactly through the roof.

#21 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Woot france got f@cked.

#22 Posted by LastSon1027 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks pretty sweet, not sure about the suits, I think it will be fine as long as they only use them occasionally.

#23 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

can't see the trailer

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.