Follow

G.I. Joe

Team » G.I. Joe appears in 1182 issues.

G.I. Joe is America's elite fighting force. They are the best trained counter-terrorist team. The only defense against the villainous terrorist organization, Cobra.

GI Joe: Retaliation delayed until 2013

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

In a surprising move, Paramount Pictures has delayed the release of their upcoming GI JOE Retaliation until March 29, 2013, a full nine months after its originally planned release date of June 29th.

Part of the postponement allows for the film to undergo a full 3D conversion.

"It is increasingly evident that 3D resonates with movie-goers globally and together with Paramount, we made the decision to bring fans an even more immersive entertainment experience," said Brian Goldner, Hasbro's President and CEO in an official statement.

The new date puts the sequel up against Andrew Niccol's adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's The Host

Starring D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson,GI Joe Retaliation is directed by Jon M. Chu.

In the sequel, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within thegovernment that jeopardize their very existence.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Probably because Battleship bombed......

No Joe!!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

:(

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By the_tree

Damn, I was really looking forward to this. It actually looked good.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Martian

This is very surprising news indeed. I honestly was more excited to watch the new G.I. Joe over Amazing Spider-Man, hopefully this means the movie will turn out for the better...

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp

Sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.