First Look At The "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" Film Trailer

• 93 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio

With director Jon M. Chu on board (Step Up 2 and Justin Bieber: Never Say Never) you know you have a success on your hands, right? Don't judge Chu by his Bieber work before you check out the recently released G.I. Joe: Retaliation trailer.

While the first film set a pretty low bar, the trailer for the sequel certainly has us at the edge of our seats. And no, it's not just the White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army" dubstep remix, either -- although that does help. The film will feature some old faces (actor Channing Tatum as Duke) as well as some new ones including Bruce Willis as Joe Colton, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson as Roadblock and Adrianne Palicki as Lady Jaye. What happens when Cobra takes over the White House? Everyone's worst nightmare, obviously. Check out the trailer for G.I. Joe: Retaliation below, set to hit theaters on June 29th, 2012.

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio

meh. not liking snake eyes new outfit

#2 Posted by _jackbauer (157 posts) - - Show Bio

this looks horrible

#3 Posted by ARMIV2 (8808 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow...that looks really...really...nice...

So is everyone from the first one dead or...?

#4 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

As soon as I saw the word "Bieber" any expectations I had suddenly evaporated.

#5 Posted by radar5 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rock is no Marlon Wayans.

#6 Posted by pspin (894 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like the first one, it was entertaining.

This one looks better it has ninjas, hot women (who are possible ninjas), and Bruce Willis, you dont need anythign else!

#7 Posted by Dallas_Raines (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2:

Yep, everyone dies except Snake Eyes. He was the only decent part of the original after all.

#8 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

doesn't the Rock have a leotard he has to go try on for his next Disney movie or something

#9 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...at least Cobra Commander actually looks like Cobra Commander...

#10 Edited by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@_jackbauer said:

this looks horrible

seconded, the first had taste and class this looks like your typical action brainless 'High concept low execution' stuff. I'll still see it though. ^^

#11 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome. Kinda corny line they gave Bruce Willis at the end though

#12 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

finally a movie based off actions figures.

#13 Posted by Dallas_Raines (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@difficlus:

Lay off the drugs, son.

#14 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie will probably be unforgivably awful, but certain parts of that trailer strike me as so cool (i.e.: the image of Roadblock holding that giant-ass heavy machine gun; the ninjas fighting on the mountain side.. come on, that stuff is like straight out of all of our heads when we were 11).

#15 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, please tell me that was Jinx at 0:32 and 1:50. Other than this, it looks decent thus far to me!

#16 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Wow, please tell me that was Jinx at 0:32 and 1:50. Other than this, it looks decent thus far to me!

Could be. Jinx is supposed to be in the movie
#17 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@sEsposito7 said:

The movie will probably be unforgivably awful, but certain parts of that trailer strike me as so cool (i.e.: the image of Roadblock holding that giant-ass heavy machine gun; the ninjas fighting on the mountain side.. come on, that stuff is like straight out of all of our heads when we were 11).

lol QFT

#18 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Best beginning to any movie, ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ah2I166f_U&feature=related

#19 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that actually looks good. I like it. Snake Eyes, by the way, BEST GI JOE

ON SCREEN. He almost makes you want to watch Rise of Cobra again...almost

#20 Posted by HT101 (140 posts) - - Show Bio

They've roped me in. No accelerator suit or whatever they were called in the last movie and Snake Eyes still looks awesome. I'm slightly excited for this movie.

#21 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

This trailer was actually looking interesting up until the moment of that cholesterol joke.

Seriously, why do they even bother casting anyone in these films other than Snake Eyes? It must be like the issue with the Predator vs. Aliens movie. Everyone is just going to see the creators fight in that movie, but they needed someone to talk. Everyone goes to the G.I. JOE movies to watch Snake Eyes kick ass.

#22 Posted by dadarkknight36310 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@_jackbauer: Looks alot better than Captain American which I bet you liked lol

#23 Edited by clumsyninja (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiting for Silverhawks, Double Dragon, Thundercats, Defenders of the earth and M.A.S.K

#24 Posted by dadarkknight36310 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: He was doing alot of those movies when his daughter was young, but now that she has come of age he has gotten back into the action genre. Not saying he will not do a family flick every now and then lol

#25 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

They removed the rubber lips...personally i think the rubber lips were awesome, almost as awesome as the rubber nips lol

Jynx look terrible, Lady Jaye has long hair, awful, just awful. Should've kept Baroness and Scarlet.

#26 Posted by AlKusanagi (636 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be statistically impossible to be worse than the first one, which I still had a bit of dumb fun with, far more than the Transformers movies. This one doesn't look half bad, although I would have gone with someone other than Bruce as the original Joe.

#27 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good but for some reason I think Duke is going to die in the beginning (that will blow)

#28 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

STORM SHADOW IS BACK!!!! WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! 'Ahem' This looks interesting.

#29 Posted by The_Tree (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks 10x better than the first, I'm excited!

#30 Edited by Dallas_Raines (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kurrent:

Why? Channing Tatum is terrible and should die in all of his films.

#31 Posted by mattydeNero (526 posts) - - Show Bio

This ACTUALLY looks awesome. Worlds better than the first one. I didn't see the jack-boots, but I did see Cobra Commander!!! I'm pretty stoked.

#32 Posted by Shieldbearer (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like the got the kinks out of the franchise, Cobra Commander is wearing his helmet and attire, Snake Eyes is actually wearing a mask without facial features, and no accelerator suits. I am in!

#33 Posted by PowerPlug (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

HECK YEAH!!! 
YOOOOO-JOE!!!!!!!!!!!

#34 Posted by StarKiller809 (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks amazing! I haven't seem the first one but I'm going to have to because I really want to see that. I heard that the first one wasn't good at all but I'm hoping. Adrianne Palicki looks good.

#35 Posted by ThePRez (288 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dallas_Raines said:

@Kurrent:

Why? Channing Tatum is terrible and should die in all of his films.

I think his character (Duke) is dead in this film

#36 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Wtf? This is a different movie. Im glad. The last one was horrible. Ill see this because it looks like an upgrade.

#37 Posted by Everyman011 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@radar5 said:

The Rock is no Marlon Wayans.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

#38 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to suck.

But at least Cobra Commander looks cool.

#39 Posted by The Mast (790 posts) - - Show Bio

@sEsposito7: Yeah, and it seemed good when we were 11. I would forgive this if it were made by 11 year olds.

It's not.

#40 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to ask Snake Eyes in this movie what I asked Magneto in first class "Can we please just have a 2 hour movie of nothing but you killing (insert name of terrorist organization) no dialog no story no support characters just 2 hours of the only good thing in this entire movie, you killing stuff"

#41 Posted by hellogan (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great! It's awesome that Bruce is in it. I didn't see Scarlett or the Baroness anywhere? Too Bad.

#42 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like some good summer fun. Can't wait.

#43 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

The first was great for standard action fare, the only thing that I don't like about this one is it looks like Duke is going to die. 

#44 Posted by GothamRed (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

is that kamakura in this movie, wasn't expecting that

#45 Posted by DXmagma (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Snake Eyes gonna fuck shit up? Cause if so I'll enjoy it.

#46 Edited by Mokey (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait.. people are dissing a GI Joe trailer for looking like mindless action and explosions?

The hell did you watch the original cartoon for? Deep political intrigue?

#47 Posted by HolyAvenger (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks okay to me. Terrible trailer music.

#48 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- Well it looks better than the first one, but that's not saying much, the script for the 80's cartoons was better.

- I'll wait for it to come to redbox, if it's as terrible as expected I'm only out $1.20

#49 Posted by frozenedge (1331 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't judge the movie from one trailer. at least wait until the movie comes out. this looks better than the first one, which for me was just some sci-fi thing they threw together

#50 Posted by CitizenJP (609 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually looking forward to this lol. The first one may not have been a friggin 5 star movie but it was entertaining and honestly...kinda cool. I'm pretty glad to see a sequel, I didn't think it was gonna happen. Oh, and thank god for the Cobra Commander redesign.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.