Confirmed! "G.I. Joe" Will Get A Sequel!

• 53 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio

The success of a film in its first weekend usually indicates whether or not there will be a sequel. This is also the case for "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" which managed to bring in $100 million worldwide in it's opening weekend (not factoring in key markets like Germany and Italy). It was no wonder that when asked by the LA Times if there will be a sequel, Rob Moore the vice chairman of Paramount Studios indicated that the film is already about to go into development.

It will be interesting to see what sort of plot line and direction the production company takes considering the fact that so much of the character relationships in the film were changed from what many fans grew to love in both the animated and comic book versions. If it were up to me, I would love for them to bring Storm Shadow back and delve deeper into the character relationship between him and Snake Eyes! What do you guys think? Did you enjoy the first film? Are you looking forward to a sequel, and if so what do you think we can expect to happen in the upcoming film?
#1 Posted by Defiant (679 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSSSSSS!!!!

#2 Edited by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

I've got my fingers crossed for Firefly! I'm also really hoping they change Cobra Commanders costume to something a bit more recognizable. Their excuse for not giving him a hood was that it was too reminiscent of the KKK. I remember being blown away by that answer. Common…he’s the leader of the world’s largest terrorist organization, a mass murderer, a tyrant…and you’re worried about him “looking bad”? That’s such a Hollywood answer. Give him a freaking hood...at least the silver faceplate and helmet!

#3 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18858 posts) - - Show Bio

^_^

#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it. I could see a sequel. Won't be the same without Storm Shadow though.....Hopefully they've got cloning technology or something to bring him back. They've got to deal with Zartan and such. They gotta redesign Snake Eyes mask and they can show off more Joes.

#5 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

More Joes are a given, but I'd rather more Cobra. Tomax and Xamot, Major Bludd, and especially Firefly.
#6 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: You actually think he's dead? He'll come back maybe with a scar(or nanomites)...Storm Shadow is way too important to kill off.I'll go ahead and call it he'll show up out of no where and beat up on Snake Eyes a little but by the end of the second film the Joes(Snake Eyes) will be victorious again.
#7 Posted by MadLucied (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I figured they were making a sequel, or going to. As far as plotline and returning of characters and such, of course we know what's going to happen to Cobra Commander and "metal head" (forgot his name). 

[SPOILERS! DO NOT PASS GO!!] 

As far as Storm Shadow goes, I doubt he is dead. Yeah, he got stabbed in the chest and fell into the cold cold icey water, but if anything, theyll probably come up with something to bring him back.  

Also, I though Scarlett was in love with Duke in the official Joe history and not the other guy? Maybe it could change in the future? 

And wasnt Metal Head married to the Baroness? Something else to possibly happen in the future film? I've got a couple ideas as to how they could work that out.

[END SPOILERS!!] 

#8 Posted by G-Man (37658 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm Shadow did die in the comics (or maaaaybe the cartoon).  When it came time to 'make' Serpentor (ugh), Cobra dug up the body of a bunch of great warriors to use their DNA and fighting mojo to make up Serpentor's planned awesomeness.  Storm Shadow's body was used as well.  Then my memory gets a little fuzzy and Storm Shadow was back.  Or maybe he was just in a ninja sleep during it all.  

As far as falling in icy water, it worked for Steve Rogers...

Staff
#9 Edited by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

StormShadow will pull a Capt. America. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from reading comics and old pulp magazines since I was five…someone mysteriously falls into icy cold water and no body floats to the surface…they’re frozen for a future return. Thaw the Ninja freeze pop out, he’ll be back.    

#10 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

the movie ended on an interesting note

and the ninja relationship could be explored, but I like the whole team           %Pr

#11 Posted by Feral Nova (47403 posts) - - Show Bio

-_- great......... just.... wonderful......

#12 Posted by Aronmorales (9618 posts) - - Show Bio

A sequel already? wow, and I haven't even seen the first one yet!

#13 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

The Director said last week they were already planning this and would have number 2 out by this time next year.

#14 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm Shadow entered the Sleeping Phoenix Mindset of course :)

#15 Edited by NightFang (10197 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Storm Shadow and show more COBRA agents.    

#16 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
"Storm Shadow did die in the comics (or maaaaybe the cartoon).  When it came time to 'make' Serpentor (ugh), Cobra dug up the body of a bunch of great warriors to use their DNA and fighting mojo to make up Serpentor's planned awesomeness.  "
That was in the comic (marvel). In the cartoon Storm Shadow actually backed Cobra Commander in his attempt to overthrow Serpentor. I always liked that arc. The idea of using the DNA of some of the greatest names(and Sgt. Slaughter lol) in history to create the perfect badass was cool. 

As for the sequel I'm hyped, cant even lie. I for one would like to see the Crimson Guard Commanders Tomax and Zamont. As well as the return of Storm Shadow. Lets be honest, he aint dead.
#17 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

The idea behind Serpentor was cool...but serpentor totally was not. Hah!
#18 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

Tomax and Xamot * :)

#19 Posted by NightFang (10197 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde said:
"Tomax and Xamot * :) "
             Who could play them!? 

@MysterioMaximus
said:
"The idea behind Serpentor was cool...but serpentor totally was not. Hah! "
             They could make better in the movie.
#20 Posted by Nelsonalot (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Roadblock !!!!!! 

"Play it straight, or there's no doubt, I'll turn your eyeballs inside out"
#21 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nelsonalot said:
"Roadblock !!!!!!  "Play it straight, or there's no doubt, I'll turn your eyeballs inside out" "
Hahahaha. Yeah Roadblock was official. Still dont understand why they used Heavy Duty instead but meh.
#22 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

Just get Serpentor outta the silly Golden Snake costume and the dude will be good.

#23 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

That movie was awesome and deserves a sequel

#24 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
"Just get Serpentor outta the silly Golden Snake costume and the dude will be good. "
They already have :) 

#25 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

When the time is right DeCobray will return to Cobra...

#26 Posted by Stryke (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think will happen with the President's current state in the movie....I mean that'll be interesting enough to see.
#27 Posted by MaZZacane (7 posts) - - Show Bio

this is great cause that movie was fun to watch i never grew up with the 80's cartoon all ive seen of that are the parodies people do . closest thing to a joe cartoon was sigma 6 which was jsut BAD yess we get a sequel i want more ninja on ninja fighting i dont care if they make shadow a robot just give me my ninja on ninja violence

#28 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@MysterioMaximus said:
"

I've got my fingers crossed for Firefly! I'm also really hoping they change Cobra Commanders costume to something a bit more recognizable. Their excuse for not giving him a hood was that it was too reminiscent of the KKK. I remember being blown away by that answer. Common…he’s the leader of the world’s largest terrorist organization, a mass murderer, a tyrant…and you’re worried about him “looking bad”? That’s such a Hollywood answer. Give him a freaking hood...at least the silver faceplate and helmet!

"

totally agree 
#29 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
"  
@Lunacyde said:
             Who could play them!?
The Zach and cody kids....LMAO
#30 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

People I'd like to see in part 2

Joes

Shipwreck
Flint
Lady Jaye 
Beachhead

Slaughter and Fridge Perry (cameo)

Cobra

Tomax 
Xamot
Firefly
Major Blood

#31 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kurrent said:
" People I'd like to see in part 2

Joes

Shipwreck
Flint
Lady Jaye 
Beachhead

Slaughter and Fridge Perry (cameo)

Cobra  Tomax  Xamot Firefly Major Blood "
Good calls....I'd also like to see Kamakura as a Joe, but it may be too soon for that.
#32 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Lunacyde said:
"Just get Serpentor outta the silly Golden Snake costume and the dude will be good. "
They already have :) 

"
I know I have that one....I just meant for the movie....wonder if theyll use the General Rey thing in the movie if they end up using Serpentor.
#33 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

havent even seen the first yet

#34 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

If it were up to me, I would love for them to bring Storm Shadow back and delve deeper into the character relationship between him and Snake Eyes

Now that is something I'd like to see, but it might be difficult to make a movie where your lead doesn't speak. Though, I guess a prequel would or origin story of Snake Eyes could be interesting.
#35 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2187 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to see the movie

#36 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

If they were to do a SE/SS prequel I hope it has a more serious tone.
#37 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright sequel time, yall know what that means WEATHER DOMINATOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

#38 Posted by Question08 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

GI JOE: The Rise of Cobra is like spending the evening with a particularly enthusastic hooker.  You know it's bad and you feel kind of cheap for liking it, but it's so much fun that you don't care.
#39 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio
@Question08 said:
"GI JOE: The Rise of Cobra is like spending the evening with a particularly enthusastic hooker.  You know it's bad and you feel kind of cheap for liking it, but it's so much fun that you don't care. "

Good analogy...not that I know what thats like.
#40 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

humans and their greed...oh well people alway complain sequals are never as good as the first, atleast they made it easier than usual to attempt to make a better film the second time around
#41 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:
" humans and their greed...oh well people alway complain sequals are never as good as the first, atleast they made it easier than usual to attempt to make a better film the second time around "
people complained bout the original...before it was out and all the way back to when it was announced, some expressed complete rage. i tend to ignore any of that untill theres an actual film out, and ive seen it for myself. i think thats only proper. and speaking of your portrait, Spider-Man 2 did ALOT better all around than the first.

now, three things i want in the sequel....

#42 Posted by NightFang (10197 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kurrent said:
" @NightFang said:
"  
@Lunacyde said:
             Who could play them!?
The Zach and cody kids....LMAO "
         Will, i'm gonna go kill myself now.
#43 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
" @Kurrent said:
" @NightFang said:
"  
@Lunacyde said:
             Who could play them!?
The Zach and cody kids....LMAO "
         Will, i'm gonna go kill myself now. "
LMAO
#44 Posted by Krajo (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the first one yet, but I think Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are the most interesting characters.. What Babs said I think would be a good idea, but at the same time they can't forget the other Joes?

#45 Posted by twenty-seven (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Make Baroness bad again!

#46 Posted by Ninjaken (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they bring back Storm Shadow

#47 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
@danielspengies said:
" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  It's true.  The tastes of American moviegoers is now officially in the toilet... "
I'm about sick of your damn comments
#48 Posted by batwing (6 posts) - - Show Bio

i would like to see the sequel and i hope they bring back storm shadow .

#49 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
eh
#50 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.