Follow

G.I. Joe

Team » G.I. Joe appears in 1182 issues.

G.I. Joe is America's elite fighting force. They are the best trained counter-terrorist team. The only defense against the villainous terrorist organization, Cobra.

Cobra doesn't give up

Cypher4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Cypher4

While they had some successes in the comics, Cobra always failed in the cartoons. Anyone ever notice that? Every week, Cobra hatched a new plan to take over the world, and every week G.I. Joe defeated them. Didn't these guys ever give up? And where was all this money coming from? Not like these were cheap plans. Their equipment must have cost a lot. Not to mention paying all their soldiers.

And how did they always escape? Cobra Commander, Destro, and all the others were caught numerous times. Sometimes they'd actually be in prison, but next episode they're back to trying to rule the world.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

Well, its a cartoon, it doesn't need to be rationalized all that much.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Hazlenaut

we be more surprise a villains does give up when the getting good.

Cypher4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cypher4

I'm aware it's a cartoon. But still...it just seems odd. They just never win. I could see if they won once in a while, but that never happens.

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Doesn't that happen in just about every children's cartoon ever?

Cypher4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cypher4

Yes, I suppose. But Cobra villains actually get arrested. Most of the cartoons, villains gets away or they're shown breaking free. Really, I'd just like an explanation. Not a big deal. Can still enjoy it (nostalgically anyway) but sometimes I just say...."Wasn't that guy in prison last episode?" or "Didn't Cobra say this was going to bankrupt them and now they have money again?" And cartoons also have multiple villains. X-Men fight Magneto, Juggernaut, Apocalpyse. Batman fights Penguin, Joker, Two-Face. G.I. Joe just fights Cobra, so it's never a break.

But really not a big deal. Guess I'm just over analyzing it.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By CATPANEXE

Well, they didn't die when their aircraft exploded. Nor get killed by the dreaded blue lazers. Credit where credit is due.

Maybe they experienced the Megamind clarity? They knew that the fun was in fighting for it everyday, the adventure.

If they actually beat the GIJOE's, well they would be out of a job. And then the Joes got Sgt.Slaughter, and well, there

really was no chance that Cobra was every going to win anyways after that you know? The Death Star wouldn't have stood

up to him, he was beefy and stuff. Plus of course, GIJOE " knew " and therefore used there heads. Cobra however didn't " know ",

and lost half the battle before it begun.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By spystreak

Cobra is financed by Extensive enterprises owned by the crimson guard commanders Xamot and Tomax that is where there money comes from atleast that's where it comes from in the cartoon I haven't read very many GIJOE comics as I'm more into Transformers than GIjoe

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By majestic99

@Cypher4 said:

While they had some successes in the comics, Cobra always failed in the cartoons. Anyone ever notice that? Every week, Cobra hatched a new plan to take over the world, and every week G.I. Joe defeated them. Didn't these guys ever give up? And where was all this money coming from? Not like these were cheap plans. Their equipment must have cost a lot. Not to mention paying all their soldiers.

And how did they always escape? Cobra Commander, Destro, and all the others were caught numerous times. Sometimes they'd actually be in prison, but next episode they're back to trying to rule the world.

This!

@Cypher4 said:

That's like asking(about Spongebob Squarepants) how can Bikini Bottom have a fire department under water?

Or how can they take a shower(implying they can get dry) and drink water under water? It's a cartoon, don't overanalyze it.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#10  Edited By TronHammer

@majestic99: Now I'm very happy that I have never seen Spongbob Squarepants.

A lot of event s happen behind the scenes in the cartoon. We don't need to see them breaking out of prison all the time. Weve seen that in a couple episodes.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By majestic99

@HammerTron said:

@majestic99: Now I'm very happy that I have never seen Spongbob Squarepants.

A lot of event s happen behind the scenes in the cartoon. We don't need to see them breaking out of prison all the time. Weve seen that in a couple episodes.

True.

m99

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.