Best "G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra" Trailer, Ever!

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Checking my e-mail this morning I got a heads up on this new trailer for "G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra" and I debated putting it up considering we have already posted so many trailers for the film which comes out this Friday August, 7th. I am sure that you have all gotten plenty sick and tired of them all. However, I guarantee you that this particular version will be worth the two minutes of your time that it takes to watch. Watch the first trailer posted below very closely and compare it with the one beneath that. Can you tell me what is different?

#1 Posted by camodude (193 posts) - - Show Bio

whatcha gotta do is play it simotainisly
#2 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

somebody was to bored.
#3 Posted by War Killer (19865 posts) - - Show Bio

So this is Toy Story 3!!!

#4 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@camodude said:
" whatcha gotta do is play it simotainisly "
LOL
#5 Posted by shugtastic (46 posts) - - Show Bio

if the movie was anything like the second trailer, i would go see it!
#6 Edited by War Killer (19865 posts) - - Show Bio

I really think the movie will be good, I really do

#7 Posted by xXSilowXx (120 posts) - - Show Bio

enjoyed the second trailer more.

#8 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

aww man i cant play it.
#9 Posted by The Crimson Nutcase (813 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey said:
" somebody was to bored. "
LOL
#10 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't tell the difference it's too close.

#11 Posted by Deo Wade (430 posts) - - Show Bio

That's some type of awesome.

#12 Posted by mrrpm01 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to keep an open mind and remember that hollywood remakes iconic comics and cartoons not only to make us happy but to also entertain those who don't know about these characters so, when I go to the midnite showing I will just watch for enjoyment and not get upset when they don't yell "GO JOE" or cobra commander doesn't sound like a snake lol.  Also I won't get upset when at the end of the movie they don't give a life lesson that ends with "and knowing is half the battle" so ppl join me in an effort  to sit there with popcorn and goobers and just have FUN!!!!  Oh and btw LOVE THE COMBAT SUITS

#13 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh damn :P

They used the same action figure for Scarlet and Baroness.

#14 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

ooooooooooooooooh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#15 Posted by TehLantern (23 posts) - - Show Bio

That was fucking awsome LOL!

#16 Posted by _brandon (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I figured out the difference between the two videos! 

Duke has more facial hair in the top one. It's subtle, but there's your difference.
#17 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@_brandon said:
" I figured out the difference between the two videos!  Duke has more facial hair in the top one. It's subtle, but there's your difference. "
Ding ding ding!
#18 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84365 posts) - - Show Bio
@TehLantern: Watch the F'bombs man. But I agree lol
#19 Posted by NightFang (9817 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet.

#20 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

nice

#21 Posted by icemanrm56 (43 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrrpm01 said:
"I am going to keep an open mind and remember that hollywood remakes iconic comics and cartoons not only to make us happy but to also entertain those who don't know about these characters so, when I go to the midnite showing I will just watch for enjoyment and not get upset when they don't yell "GO JOE" or cobra commander doesn't sound like a snake lol.  Also I won't get upset when at the end of the movie they don't give a life lesson that ends with "and knowing is half the battle" so ppl join me in an effort  to sit there with popcorn and goobers and just have FUN!!!!  Oh and btw LOVE THE COMBAT SUITS "

Me too...although I tried with DragonBall...lets just say Im glad i didnt pay.
#22 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3545 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm concerned that the bottom one will be more entertaining.
The critic in me does have a few complaints with the bottom one. If they were going to go through the trouble of  buying all those G.I. Joe toys. To mimic that scene with all the missiles flying in their air. I would of bought some of those water rockets that blast in the air from the water pressure. They are pretty inexpensive. Not to mention fun as hell.

#23 Posted by E.I.S.A.M. (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Forget live action, I wanna see that movie!

#24 Posted by Perspective91 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha this is the kind of movie I'm looking for... Did you guys notice that the Baroness was on top of Duke? HAHAha! I'm serious.

#25 Posted by GERALD (165 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie is going to be awful.

The director was apparently fired, and people who saw bits and pieces are calling it "unwatchable".

Sorry to burst bubbles.   :  (

#26 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

just gonna walk away now...
#27 Posted by mrrpm01 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I just got back from the midnight showing and I LOVED THE MOVIE!!!!  They give the old story a new twist and I think everyone will have the same problem that cobra commander doesn't wear the hood that we all know and love as his signature but hey maybe next movie...YES THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL!!!

#28 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

I have one thing to say to the creator of the second trailer.It's called stop-motion animation learn it, use it, love it.At least then your hand doesn't have to be in any of the shots...it's just like Robot Chicken.

#29 Posted by CSpizzles Da GOD (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Man....wussup with all these big movie making mothafunkas remaking all the old shit that I grew up with? They murdering all the classic shit man. That toy trailer looked 7x better than that wack ass Marlon Wayans joint...and I'm a fan of the Wayans too. Accelerator suits...WHERE MY MAN GUN HO AT WITH THE ARSENAL?! Where Kobra at?!

The Golden Age of the 80's n 90's is over...make some new shit. GI JOSE!

#30 Posted by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw the noon showing (EST) here in FL. I won't say a thing till I can be sure I won't be a spoiler. As a generally critical voice on this site, you can guess what my reaction will be in advance. I will have to agree wih CSpizzles on the "murdering" comment.  

I'm depressed and disappointed...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.