Another "G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra" Movie?

Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio

I was not quite sure at  first how to feel about this, but in the end it did strike me as relatively funny. It seems that Hasbro, the company that first brought you the " G.I. Joe" action figures, have taken their toys and made an official movie with them as a counterpart to the live-action film. Thanks to Topless Robot for the heads up. Is it funny? Maybe a little bit creepy? You be the judge. Considering this is only part 1, I wonder if this will turn into a mini series. Unfortunately there is just something about it that makes it hard to take it seriously. Check out the movie and feel free to let us know what you think!
#1 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18858 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao.

#2 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

it was alright

not very exciting though

#3 Posted by Alphaproto (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe you can't take it seriouly because it looks like somthing from Robot Chicken but it's better then the Rise of Cobra.  Both are nothing comapred to GI Joe Resolute.
#4 Posted by NightFang (10196 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO!

#5 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone else notice they used both versions of Cobra Commander 
#6 Posted by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I saw that. I didn't watch the whole thing I found it too stupid to continue
#7 Posted by zombietag (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

some people have WAY too much free time on their hands...

#8 Posted by GrimeyOne (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Love this can't wait!

#9 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

robot chickens "fumbles" sketch was funnier

#10 Posted by chowy (64 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing is, it wasn't that funny nor the story was that interesting
I think if u make a stop motion film with action figures u either make it funny (Marvel what the..., RandomGuy) or make a cool action scene (search on youtube for Mirasoltwins or SolidLizard)

#11 Posted by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO! I haven't seen the movie yet but will soon. I've heard good things, bad things, the usual movie adaptation, translation to the big screen things, so I'll go see for myself. I think it's at least awesome that they finally actually made a big budget, star-studded, live-action movie version.

#12 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I can understand the mixed emotions. This is self defecating in places, and they even went through the trouble to animate the faces. I think I would of enjoyed it more if it was more in the line of the Team American movie. I doubt Hasbro would get that mature.

#13 Edited by CrimsonComedian (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone notice similarities between the Halo armor and G.I Joe armor?

By posting this, if they go with Channing Tatum for SPARTAN 117, I will hate Halo for the rest of my life.
#14 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, that was way better than I thought it was going to be.

Staff
#15 Posted by rey (25 posts) - - Show Bio

that was funny lol

#16 Posted by 1kingkeynen (3 posts) - - Show Bio

i like this movie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.