A Couple More G.I. Joe TV Spots

Posted by G-Man (30222 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been getting a lot of G.I. Joe lately (more on that later today).  The movie is less than a month away.  The anticipation has been like a roller coaster ride.  Despite all the...questionable content we've seen, I am still trying to hold onto the hope that it won't be a terribly horrible film.  I know a lot have already written it off.  The nostalgic part of me is hoping that there is still...hope.  This is pretty strange considering I usually go into movies with low expectations and later get surprised.  With this, I'm trying to maintain some sort of expectation.  So as I've been hearing over and over again the last couple days, "Yo Joe!"  Here's a couple TV spots:

Staff
#1 Posted by HarryF25 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

mmmmmmm i'll make my mind up when i see it, could be good, could be turd

#2 Posted by IGMAN (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I STILL THINK THIS MOVIE IS GOING 2 SUCK. YOU WOULD THINK THAT G.I. JOE WOULD BE AN EASIER MOVIE TO ADAPT INTO A FILM THAN TRANSFORMERS. BOY I WAS WRONG. I DIDNT KNOW THAT G. I JOE WAS THE IRON MEN? WHEN I FIRST SAW IT I ALREADY KNEW....I HOPE THOSE SUITS AREN'T IN THE WHOLE MOVIE... I SAW THE COBRA COMMANDER DOLL/FIGURE..OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY COULD JUST PUT ON A REGULAR HELMET OR PUT 2 HOLES IN A RAG TO PUT ON HIM??? I WONDER IF G.I. JOE IS GOING TO BE WORSE THE DRAGONBALL.................?

#3 Posted by Selty (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Euck. Not possible to make this into a film conversion without it sucking. It's a comic, and it's a toy series. It just cannot be translated properly.

#4 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a concept. Not just a toy or a cartoon.
I grew up with the REAL Gi JOes 12' Kung Fu Grip and  all. Not the little shit toys.
But i think it looks fun.

#5 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok that last tv spot was badass, maybe cause it had Kid Rock " American Badass" playing in the background.

From what I heard they made Cobra Commander & The Baroness brother & sister. I don't know why hollywood always has to make some of these comic characters siblings like Emma Frost & Silverfox. Wasn't really necessary for them to do that.

#6 Posted by Shipwreck (114 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it's better than wolverine I'll be happy. 

#7 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
Quit it.......ahhhhhhhhhh!
#8 Posted by War Killer (19854 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still going to see this movie, just because I don't write movies off just because of the previews and was I the only one who liked Dragon Ball? (Probably shouldn't have asked that)

#9 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer:
I liked it even though I never seen it.
#10 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll still see this one too

#11 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna see this, but I know that the critics are going to thrash it like they did Transformers 2.

#12 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio

I have some series doubts about this movie, but I will probably see it in theaters anyway. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. My real grips with the movie are the character choices. Like taking Ripcord and changing him completely, he's not longer a parachutist, he's a pilot? Not to mention the fact he's not black, or well not supposed to be. They have tons of Joes they could have used intstead, none of them pilots, so why not just make up a new character? That's one thing I like about established comics or what not getting a movie, the possibility of new characters. No Roadblock one of the most liked Joes. No Shipwreck? No Gung-ho? Also why did they make Duke a Lieutenant when he was good as a Sergeant. Oh well I won't hold my breath of it being good, but then again you never know, it might be worth the price.

#13 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree with static shock the critics will thrash it but i will probably like it .

#14 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not hopeful.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.