inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

Tons of stuff happening in this issue! The crew continues to figure out how to trap a host and get it out of the house. Trick gets possessed by a ghost. The crew ends up staying at the Trask mansion past dark... cue the ghosts!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I love the hell out of this book. This is a story that could easily be jumped right into and has the possibility of rushing through things way too fast, but writer Joshua Williamson does the right thing and eases the reader into this world and story. We're four issues in and Williamson gives the readers a new piece of the puzzle each issue. The book is paced extremely well and the character development here is stellar.

The way Goran Sudzuka draws the ghosts, at the end of the issue, really works well. Normally, in most books, ghosts are full bodied and transparent. What Sudzuka does is just uses black to outline and minor details to draw the ghosts. It's a really cool and spooky effect that adds a lot to the overall feel of the book.

Issue #4 ends with one heck of a cliffhanger as the reader finds out what actually happens when the sun goes down at the Trask Mansion, and it's not good. This series is great with these reveal pages. They really keep the reader engaged and wondering what's going to happen in the next month. It will have you hooked in.

The Bad

My only real problem with this entire issue was a consistent one. The shading/inking was really bizarre. Instead of using darker colors to shade, the artist (not sure if it was Goran Sudzuka or Miroslac Mrva) heavily shadows everything, and in a few scenes, it looks really awkward, like when Jay is stopped by King, and the shadow from the brim of his hat goes over his forehead and eyes, except his eyes are normally colored, not shaded at all. They awkwardly pop.

The Verdict

GHOSTED #4 delivers a thrilling and fantastic ride. Williamson and Sudzuka have something special here: a book with an "out there" story that plays out incredibly grounded.

JangoCrossfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

Awkward Pop

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.