inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

Jackson has a whole new crew, which actually, isn't that new and they head off to find Trick's son, a magician who has information on the recent hauntings. Someone else is also after him as well.

If you're reading this review and you've read reviews in the past, and you still haven't picked this series up, then there's something wrong with you or you can't afford it. GHOSTED continues to be this insanely intriguing book that keeps me glued to the page.

The opening scene of this book points to the idea that Jackson can't be harmed by voodoo or magic. Something is protecting him, possibly that death looking creature that shadows him? Jackson chats with this elderly woman/witch about his place in the world, and King does his whole "skeptical" thing, only to be proved that voodoo exists. This is a fantastic way to open up the book and finally introduce the older woman who was teased a few issues back.

Jackson and the ghost of Anderson discover that the problem with people being stalked by ghosts is a bit bigger than they realized and it all leads back to Trick's son. The mystery/adventure aspect of this book works extremely well. It gets these characters from point A to point B in a very logical and reasonable way. It never feels like the writer, Joshua Williamson, is forcing these characters along their mission. Everything works very organically in the story.

This issue truly opens up the underground world of black market magic and mysticism. The world keeps expanding and expanding in the best ways possible. It's nice to see there is an underground sub-culture to all of this and it's not just something Jackson is experiencing as coincidence.

Once again, Davide Gianfelice with Miroslav Mrva on colors, does a wonderful job with the art on this book. He is consistent and beautifully defines the world where this book is set. The art and colors give this book a bit more of an animated feel, which is a great fit, since the story itself wouldn't work with a darker or grittier artist.

The Bad

Nothing of note to complain about. I'm really loving the direction this series is taking in this newest arc.

The Verdict

Love is the only way to describe my feelings for GHOSTED. Williamson is taking this book in a very interesting direction and expanding on this world while connecting the pieces together at the same time. There's a reason this is my current favorite on-going series. It is fantastic with genre mixing, is full of intrigue and is a ton of fun. I highly recommend checking this issue out.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I started reading this book just because of your reviews @inferiorego and I read all of the issues for three days. I am exactly as you say, I am glued to this book and my interest is never ending, the sad thing is that I've read all of the issues and have to wait for another month for the next issue.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 inferiorego  Staff

@tdk_1997 said:

I started reading this book just because of your reviews @inferiorego and I read all of the issues for three days. I am exactly as you say, I am glued to this book and my interest is never ending, the sad thing is that I've read all of the issues and have to wait for another month for the next issue.

mwahahahaha

mikebrowneyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@inferiorego Are there any good jump on issues other than #1?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 inferiorego  Staff
    mikebrowneyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mikebrowneyes

@inferiorego Thanks for the reply but which one would be better to start with?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego Thanks for the reply but which one would be better to start with?

probably 11 which is a one shot. I would really suggest getting at least the first arc though because lots of what is going on now ties directly to that

mikebrowneyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego Ok ill check the series out at my local comic book store and if I like it ill just get it in trade.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.