Follow

Ghost Rider

Concept » Ghost Rider appears in 1065 issues.

The Ghost Rider is an empyrean/infernal creature made of a human spirit and a Spirit of Vengeance through a contract with Satan, dealings with an immortal vengeful spirit, or a supernatural entity. Ghost Riders tend to seek out vengeance for sins rendered. Notable Ghost Riders include Johnny Blaze, Dan Ketch, Alejandra and most recently Robbie Reyes.

Ghost Rider Reboot: Yes, or No?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just watched the first Ghost Rider movie again. It was on TV and I was bored. Last time I watched it was when it first came out, but I was too young to realize it wasn't that great. Here's what I noticed now.

1. It's too cheesy. Cheesy dialogue, cheesy plot, cheesy acting, cheesy everything.

2. Nicholas Cage is too old. I love Nicholas Cage as an actor (screw you Josh), but he was just too old for an origin story. I actually think it could've been better if it was about the younger JB and the younger... Eva Mendes.

3. Just terrible. The plot was obvious and unoriginal. The acting was really bad, especially from the villains. The dialogue was just sad.

One thing I really noticed was that no matter how bad the movie was, Ghost Rider looked Awesome (I intentionally capitalized it). The movie was pretty boring, but got exciting when he became Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider's presence alone made the boring fight scenes awesome. In my opinion, a new Ghost Rider can easily work. Ghost Rider alone made the movie worth it. Imagine him in a good movie. Maybe even in Avengers? You know, instead of Quicksilver.

What do you guys think? What should a reboot be like?

Note: Excuse any spelling errors, I'm on my phone. Also, I didn't put much thought into this.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ShadowX

I think Ghost Rider should be darker I think guillermo del toro Should direct.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx: Definitely darker. Nicholas Cage turned it into a non-funny comedy.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Only if Del Toro is involved and the Avengers shouldn't be anywhere near it

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#5  Edited By Teerack

They should reboot Ghost Rider and Blade together and as partners.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I don't know about that. Ghost Rider's more of a solo act.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Only because Marvel's never tried to put him on a team.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JonSmith

I am all for a reboot of Ghost Rider. I also vote Colin Farrel for the part of Johnny Blaze. Dye his hair red, and you're done.

Now I'm going to get the hell out of here before I go off on a rant.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Blaze and Ketch were partners in the 90s. Hell, they had their own title:

Ghost Rider/Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance.

Then there was the Midnight Sons for both, NF4 for Ketch, and Champions for Blaze. They have been on teams, but they prefer to stay solo. Mostly cause it plays to the Loner anti-hero thing.

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

Ghost Rider needs to take a break for a while after the @$$ pounding he's got from Nicolas Cage.

@jonsmith said:

I am all for a reboot of Ghost Rider. I also vote Colin Farrel for the part of Johnny Cage. Dye his hair red, and you're done.

Johnny Cage is Mortal Kombat. lol

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JonSmith

@amutant said:

I am all for a reboot of Ghost Rider. I also vote Colin Farrel for the part of Johnny Cage. Dye his hair red, and you're done.

Johnny Cage is Mortal Kombat. lol

DAMMIT. NICHOLAS CAGE/MORTAL KOMBAT COMBO. WHY YOU RUIN MY ABILITY TO SAY JOHNNY BLAZE.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

My problem is I feel like the public now associates Johnny Blaze with Nick Cage, and if they rebooted....what's to stop Nick Cage from trying to return?

I guess I'm in the minority when I say they should reboot not with Blaze, but with Ketch. You had two movies to make Blaze work, and yet it's become a joke. Ketch would be a fresh start over, ensures no Nick Cage, and gives you the opportunity to go towards a Midnights Sons movie which would be just so sweet.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ghost Rider deserves a reboot and a good movie.

Nicolas Cage just isn't Johnny Blaze.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@thegreyoutcastx: I don't think the fans will know the difference.

Maybe, but at the same time, Danny's origin story is pretty self contained and very easy to understand and can allow to differentiate between Ketch and Blaze. Far less complicated than Blaze, Danny has more Rogues, based in New York (Could connect to a Strange Movie), and is a different interpretation to the character that could give a breath of flesh air to the franchise.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Then there was the Midnight Sons for both, NF4 for Ketch, and Champions for Blaze. They have been on teams, but they prefer to stay solo. Mostly cause it plays to the Loner anti-hero thing.

I was really just talking about Blaze because he's Ghost Rider now.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@teerack said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @teerack said:

Everything I said though still applies. Blaze and Ketch were partners for a time, Blaze was a Midnight Son, and a member of the Champions and the Legion of Monsters (forgot this one). Writers just tend to keep him as a solo act.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @teerack said:

Everything I said though still applies. Blaze and Ketch were partners for a time, Blaze was a Midnight Son, and a member of the Champions and the Legion of Monsters (forgot this one). Writers just tend to keep him as a solo act.

I think I had a good idea a few weeks ago.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes.

Honestly, the concept is rock-solid. Biker with a flaming skull fighting the devil - how do you not get behind that?

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @teerack said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @teerack said:

Ah, the Nightstalkers....What?! No Hannibal King? BLASPHEMY! xD

My problem with that line up is that's its like a few characters shy of the Midnight Sons, so why not just do that? Especially given the popularity of Justice League Dark.

And The Nightstalkers were basically all guys tied to Vampires: Blade (Self Explanatory), Hannibal King (He was turned into a Vampire by Deacon Frost), and Frank Drake (Descendant of Dracula). So why not keep it in that same vein? Morbius btw was a brilliant pick for that given the animosity that exists between Morbius and Blade.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @teerack said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @teerack said:

My problem with that line up is that's its like a few characters shy of the Midnight Sons, so why not just do that? Especially given the popularity of Justice League Dark.

And The Nightstalkers were basically all guys tied to Vampires: Blade (Self Explanatory), Hannibal King (He was turned into a Vampire by Deacon Frost), and Frank Drake (Descendant of Dracula). So why not keep it in that same vein? Morbius btw was a brilliant pick for that given the animosity that exists between Morbius and Blade.

Nightstalkers, Midnight Sons, Dark Defenders, what ever you want to call it :P I just think it would be a cool team, because there is no way Morbius wont be canceled in the next wave of cancellations at this rate.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @teerack said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @teerack said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @teerack said:

Nightstalkers, Midnight Sons, Dark Defenders, what ever you want to call it :P I just think it would be a cool team, because there is no way Morbius wont be canceled in the next wave of cancellations at this rate.

I'll post my idea for the Nightstalkers on that other topic. Always loved the concept.

I thought it was already confirmed that Morbius was ending? Either way, it's gonna end soon that's for sure.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. I disagree with using Ketch..Blaze's deal with the devil bit has always fitted GR more than Ketch's stumbling upon the curse one day. Only non-comic fans would associate Cage with Blaze because anyone who actually knows GR knows that Cage looks absolutely nothing like him. If they were to reboot they should include Blaze,Ketch,and to have a female..I'd say Caretaker's granddaughter. What was her name..Sarah? The Zadkiel run probably wouldn't be the best start for reintroducing him to an audience but I'd love to see it down the line since it'd give us the religion heavy that GR is known for,GR vs GR in Blaze vs Ketch,and taking the fights to Heaven and Hell could be interesting on the big screen

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474: The problem with using Aaron's run is that the last movie tried to fuse that and Daniel Way's run together all it did was make a terrible and horrible inaccurate with the source material.

shahidmaqsood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should definitely be rebooted.These ones were not there yet.The actual Ghost Rider is much more strong(Cooler) and complex than this one.

I wrote some amazing facts about him.so,if you want to see them:

http://passionateviews.blogspot.com/2015/10/17-blazing-and-passionate-facts-about.html

LVDBot1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm positive Disney or whoever's in charge will reboot the movie Ghost Rider. They're even rebooting Spidey just to make him fit in in the MCU story. We might even get some Ghost Rider easter eggs in the upcoming Dr. Strange movie because that movie is supposedly the opening act for the supernatural aspect of MCU.

But I want it to be a TV series, not Netflix or movie. >:D

Wispymatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wispymatt

I want them to bring back the Champions Black Widow, Ghost Rider, Hercules, Iceman, Angel, and Darkstar. You might have to replace the last three because they are mutants.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Pickle_Rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love for them to give Johnny Blaze his own Netflix series. He would be perfect for the darker tone of the Netflix shows.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@teerack: legion of monsters, midnight sons, thunderbolts, hedoes for hire, champions etc

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.